What's new

We won't eat halal meat, say British MPs

if they dont want to eat halal meat,then they dont eat halal meat,whats the problem here?they are free to believe what they want to believe :lol:

No big deal. If they want halal meat so badly bring a packed lunch or something. It's peoples choice whether they want to eat it or not.

if they dont want to eat halal meat,then they dont eat halal meat,whats the problem here?they are free to believe what they want to believe :lol:

Its not that..they are stopping those who WANT to eat halal from having it.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

No big deal. If they want halal meat so badly bring a packed lunch or something. It's peoples choice whether they want to eat it or not.

MPS coming to parliament like school boys..holding a lunch box...just because some tree hugger prefer animal sentiments over human sentiments...what a great logic you have....

Can anyone tell me the reason why muslims dont consider jhatka style of slaughtering an animal as halal??? I mean the animals head comes off the body in one blow, isnt it more effective than cutting the veins in the neck

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

MPS coming to parliament like school boys..holding a lunch box...just because some tree hugger prefer animal sentiments over human sentiments...what a great logic you have....

i think it means the want to stop the adverts that the restaurants or the butcher servs halal meat as then one can visualise the death instead of just eating without knowing,no one stopped muslims to stop eating halal meat in homes or muslim restaurants serving halal meat

Can anyone tell me the reason why muslims dont consider jhatka style of slaughtering an animal as halal??? I mean the animals head comes off the body in one blow, isnt it more effective than cutting the veins in the neck

The purpose of Halal is to drain the body of blood effectively. Jhatka method does not do so

It's central London. I bet there are a number of places within a 2 minute walk. Or bring your own food. I'd say yes that is quite good logic. Why should the other MP's have to conform to Islamic tradition when the UK is a Christian country?
Our country, our rules. That's what many of you say on here right?

No its not the same....
In halal..The throat is split all the way to the spine in one swift movement..The knife has to be very sharp by law...That way the major arteries are slit open ,and at the same time all the nerves connecting body to the brain are cut,and so is the supply of blood and oxygen to brain is stopped and brain dies immediately and presumably the animal does not feel pain after that..
Now the spine is still intact and thats where the instincts are processed..Instinctive orders are given by spine not Brain..Now the blood preesure is dropping due to loss of blood..The spine orders the heart to pump more vigorously,and that way all the blood in the body of the animal is drained out through the split veins and arteries in the neck..Cleansing the meat...
Same thing does not happen with jerked animal..The brain dies and so does the heart and blood is not drained properly.

No i am not..What makes you say that?

Didn't he worry about Animal "sentiments" too? Didn't he set the rule for whats halal and whats not, and how to slaughter an animal?

I don't get it, on one hand people go around saying Halal is the more humane way of slaughtering, and when the other side talks about the "humane-ness" of slaughtering an animal, they suddenly become tree huggers?

It's central London. I bet there are a number of places within a 2 minute walk. Or bring your own food. I'd say yes that is quite good logic. Why should the other MP's have to conform to Islamic tradition when the UK is a Christian country?
Our country, our rules. That's what many of you say on here right?

UK is not a Christian country..Go to a church on Sunday and tell me how many Brits go to the church and how many know ten commandments..then make this tall claim.

The Halal vs Non-Halal meat debate is new to me. In Kerala almost everyone eats meat including beef. So the butchers belong to every community, so is the restaurant owners. I have yet to see a board that said 'Halal Meat in front of any restaurants. I get my chicken supply from Govt run shop...there too there is no mention of meat being Halal.So by the logic that goes around in this thread is it allowed for a Muslim to eat meat from a restaurant run by a Hindu where the meat may be supplied by a Christian.

Also a hypothetical question to Muslims. If you are forced to hunt to feed your family , how will you go about doing it, as arrow or bullet would not kill the animal as required by Islam.

I think there are about 10 Muslim MP's surely it would never be worth it for all the restaurants to prepare halal meat?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

UK is not a Christian country..Go to a church on Sunday and tell me how many Brits go to the church and how many know ten commandments..then make this tall claim.
It is the dominant religion. You cannot argue with that.

Back
Top Bottom