What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

F-k Hindi. Make everyone learn Sanskrit. I and others don;t give a damn if 60% know Hindi. Just because its convenient, doesn't mean its right. Southies and Northeast will boycott it. At least Sanskrit is neutral and doesn't rile sentiments

People like you are responsible for the division of India. why dont you get seperated from India . We dont need those who cannot respect other languages. there should be one common language in India and you cannot make sanskrit a common language due to muslims. But they dont have problems with Hindi. otherwise one more country will come with east Iindia company and all of us will be part of their empire, thanks to intellectual like u. Who will get so impressed by their style, language, skin color that you will sell the country like a few bangalis did.

It is a fact, hindi is average and mediocre compared to tamil..
A language's greatness is based on history and literary works.. enough said...

I respect hindi and swahili too but hindi as a language cannot be compared to tamil, its based on fact and, prove me why hindi is an equal...
India is beautiful cause of its diversity, don't tell us to learn just because hindi is majority...
We will gladly learn if it offers any thing or something to us...
The point Is not about speaking Hindi, it is about learning it minimum so that there is no problem in communication. Because it has derived from sanskrit so tamil is, and due to muslim population we cannot make sanskrit a common language, so hindi seems to be the best candidate. As not just in india but bangladesh, afghanistan, nepal, bhutan, Mauritius. They all understand it

Last edited:
The problem is, Hindi speaking Janata fails to understand other cultures particularly South India. they(NI) wrongly assume that Hindi imposition will strengthen India, while the result will be anti-Hindi feelings among Southies. If someone wants to learn Hindi out of interest, it is perfectly OK. No matter what, the culture and way of living is very different in southern India and north. Hindi imposition and Hindi media failed in south India while they are getting success in unwanted audience(Pakistan,Afghan etc).
Even Tamils are similar to Hindi wala in the sense that they are also crippled by the language fanatism which rest of the South Indians despise! Hindi speakers and Tamils are two sides of teh same coin when it comes to language imposition and fanatism.

English is perfectly fine for a world language as well as for use in India as a linking language among various language speakers. Hindi will not fit, unfortunately. When English already serves the purpose what is the use of imposing Hindi? It failed already. no media propaganda can make it positive.
Annadurai's response to the "numerical superiority of Hindi" argument: "If we had to accept the principle of numerical superiority while selecting our national bird, the choice would have fallen not on the peacock but on the common crow."

Last edited:
The point Is not about speaking Hindi, it is about learning it minimum so that there is no problem in communication. Because it has derived from sanskrit so tamil is, and due to muslim population we cannot make sanskrit a common language, so hindi seems to be the best candidate. As not just in india but bangladesh, afghanistan, nepal, bhutan, Mauritius. They all understand it

where did you get the idea - Tamil derived from Sanskrit ? please share it with the rest, thank you

People in other countries apart from those you have mentioned can also speak and understand English and Tamil e.g Lanka , Mauritius, Myanmar,

you know the dynamics of business .?? .its involves networking, its no surprise when ******** and Muslims network within their own circle .. this is petty trade .. for international business the lingua franca is English, Japanese, Chinese etc and Tamils should study these languages and not 3rd world cow belt language

please enroll your kids here thank you

Korean Language Training Institutes and Training Centers in TamilNadu, India - Yet5.com

Tamils demand ??? I said that a false NDTV report to stir Hindi zealots and have substantiate that in my previous post

The ones demanding are non Tamils, including Brahmins posing as Tamils, watch the clip and read the comments

why there is a propaganda in this...ur dubious eyes will only see propaganda because u only want to see that...
in the comment section too it was mixed reaction...many supporting and other opposing...
even if the one demanding are non.tamils ..then whats wrong in this...every one has right to learn what language he/she want to...

@Ayush @Indischer @Ravi Nair - Why is this traitor allowed to stay in India ? :pissed:

If there is to be a National Language of India it must only be Punjabi ! :smokin:

Just kidding Levina Apa ! :)

Your arguments make sense ! :tup:

But isn't in a way English also the National Language of India as it is widely understood by almost all literate Indians ?

Yes it is. A lot of Literate Indians do know English.

The problem is, Hindi speaking Janata fails to understand other cultures particularly South India. they(NI) wrongly assume that Hindi imposition will strengthen India, while the result will be anti-Hindi feelings among Southies. If someone wants to learn Hindi out of interest, it is perfectly OK. No matter what, the culture and way of living is very different in southern India and north. Hindi imposition and Hindi media failed in south India while they are getting success in unwanted audience(Pakistan,Afghan etc).
Even Tamils are similar to Hindi wala in the sense that they are also crippled by the language fanatism which rest of the South Indians despise! Hindi speakers and Tamils are two sides of teh same coin when it comes to language imposition and fanatism.

@levina @Indischer @Armstrong

I think this is a reasonable proposition. If you want, make Hindi compulsory until eighth standard and then make it optional.

[quote"manlion, post: 5812069, member: 145520"]where did you get the idea - Tamil derived from Sanskrit ? please share it with the rest, thank you

People in other countries apart from those you have mentioned can also speak and understand English and Tamil e.g Lanka , Mauritius, Myanmar,[/quote]
English is ruled out. And since I am indian, I dont know if tamilians r or not, I will go for hindi as I experienced in countries like nepal, bhutan, bangladesh, .. they understand hindi. Didnt find anyone speaking tamil. Plus failed policy of using tamil in mayanmar has led to their closeness with china lol. Marwa dia tumhari tamil ne. Use tamil for sri lanka and malaysia.

Ask us hyderabadis for deccani urddu:D.:D

There was a comment in the Hindu where a Hyderabadi Muslim married to a U.Pite Muslim said that her Deccani Urdu was a bit warbled and slangy???

I don't know. I thought the husband is kind of a dick for saying that though.

Where ever there is tamil or indian govt has used tamil for strategic relations outside india, s that country has moved closed to china. Srilanka, mayanmar, malaysia...are great examples.

English is ruled out. And since I am indian, I dont know if tamilians r or not, I will go for hindi as I experienced in countries like nepal, bhutan, bangladesh, .. they understand hindi. Didnt find anyone speaking tamil.

that just your personal view and you need to get out of your narrow vision -i.e Bhutan , Nepal etc and have an universal view , happy Tamils don't fall into your narrow trap as Tamils are taking up learning Korean , Japanese and perhaps Mandarin soon

Tamils needs to travel outside of South Asia and hypocrites will insist imposing Hind on Tamils while they get kids into English medium school for a bright future in the west.

Last edited:
You are impressed by the white skin and their culture in the west, I am not. Of course english is important, but in the end west see us as indians when you are abroad not as tamil, or bihari or punjabi. so please dont bring talks of bright future in the west. I know better than you what reality is and what not.
Why are you replying to a troll, manlion is not Tamil, or even Indian.

Sriram - for people like you, you need a separate homeland . If people like you are so chauvinistic and have a astronomical sense of superiority complex with the rest of India (based on your social parameters), please, ask for an autonomous homeland or a separate country somewhere in the middle of the pacific. A lot of Indians who are inclusive of all languages , cultures and sub-cultures are plain sick of people like you who have a neurotic knee jerk reaction whenever anyone mentions Hindi. You scum don't have any problem learning english but will deride anyone who suggests learning another language .

And at that, your Tamil insecurity is misplaced. Tamil is here to stay and will stay . You can keep your daughters in the art of cooking , bharatnaatyam and following strictures of typical Tambram idiocyncracies that keep your culture and your language alive. But puhhhleeez... stop being slaves that lick the arse of english !

Back
Top Bottom