What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

No one wants Tamil or any other Indian language to get diluted or extinct that's the first step of Ministry of Culture.

Since Sanskrit is seen as more of a religious language, because Vedas are written in sanskrit, and also known as language of God. Muslims won't accept it. It is a fact.

Sad our own heritage and culture being stopped by a minority who forgets they are desi too.

We lost Jafna. Chinese made port there, India has no hold now. Tamils could have influenced better with their language, but Failed, total Failure!

I know....but we made the biggest blunder under UPA. We should have allowed LTTE to take over. We shot ourselves in the foot

Sad our own heritage and culture being stopped by a minority who forgets they are desi too.

I understand the intention of this thread, and because Sanskrit cannot be imposed but Hindi, I choose Hindi as the best candidate.

I know....but we made the biggest blunder under UPA. We should have allowed LTTE to take over. We shot ourselves in the foot

There was no difference between the religions but just on the base of language it became costly for us. Similar is going to happen in maldieveson the basis of religion this time.
Soon there will be amendments in Maldvies I worry, that they will declare Urdu as their national language. And Malyalis and Tamils will pass resolutions sitting in chennai just like helpless fellows.

Last edited:
There was no difference between the religions but just on the base of language it became costly for us. Similar is going to happen in maldieveson the basis of religion this time.
Soon there will be amendments in Maldvies I worry, that they will declare Urdu as their national language. And Malyalis and Tamils will pass resolutions sitting in chennai just like helpless fellows.[/quote]

On 7 September 2013, Dr. Waheed stood as a candidate for the presidency of the Maldives. In his first independent bid for elected office, Waheed was routed in the four-way race which pitted him against three other candidates, amongst them, frontrunner and former president Mohamed Nasheed. Mr. Nasheed finished in first place with 45.45% of all valid ballots cast (95,224 votes). Nasheed was trailed by Mr. Abdullah Yameen who received 25.40% of the vote share (53,099), Mr. Gasim Ibrahim of the Jumhooree Party who received 24.02% of all votes (50,422), and Dr. Waheed with only 5.13% of the votes (10,750).[14]

Which one is not friendly with india?

I have friends who speak Tamil and when they do, I think They speak it faster than the speed of light or maybe its just me :sarcastic:
its probably racist...but here is another trail...
1. Find an empty plastic can/ bottle
2. find some small pebbles to put in the above container.
3. Find a mallu/tallu/gulti/kannadiga or south indian.
4. Shake the container (with the pebbles inside).

the person in #3 is bound to undestand somethingggg

Its compulsory in TN alone.. only ppl who are protesting, if u had read the article, are those who came here from other states...
lingual/religious minority schools/CBSE schools are exempted...

Hindi is not an optional language it is taught as first or second language in hindi speaking states and it is taught atleast as third language in most non hindi speaking states ..

Get ur facts right...

Also i want to reiterate , non classsical languages are not good enough for India.. their use must be discouraged in public life...

That's what I am saying in all other states of India Hindi is either a second or third language. Which means after class 6 you have only first and second language and third language is removed from the course. Tamil Nadu is the state where Tamil is a compulsory language till standard 10.

There is no rule which says all states have to follow the same rule. Each states can craft its own education policy. You are free to learn any language, just find a private tutor for yourself.
If India is a free democratic country its rules must reflect it. This is nothing but a bullying Talibani attitude of what somebody said...Tamil Nadu mein rehna hai to Tamil sikhna hai...MY FOOT. This won't stay long.

The delusions of grandeur of a couple of Indian internet warriors here is hilarious.. :woot:

Not interested in a internal civil issue of India but Sri Lanka have been mentioned by a moronic few, Hence the response

Anirudh, a class IX student who wants to study marine engineering, says he feels forced to learn Tamil. "If I want a job in north India, I need to know Hindi," the Kannada-speaking teen told NDTV.

His classmate, Ashwin, who is from Kerala, says, "I would love to learn French. I could get an opportunity to work abroad."

Anirudh should move to North and Ashwin to Pondicherry,

BTW why are these kids and parents (non Tamils ) demanding Hindi ?

they should demand Urdu, the mother of Hindi, with Urdu they can find jobs in Pakistan and Middle East , no ?

Anyway NDTV belongs to India's anti Tamil Virus club , so no surprise there , what BS they peddle to the gullible - Hindi get jobs abroad , really ???

who are u dumb shit to order some one to move !

Tamil will always remain the first language of Tamil Nadu but what's wrong is introducing Hindi as an optional subject. Let the kids take it up if they want to. Is Tamilian culture and language so weak that few learning Hindi will wipe it off? why so much insecurity?

Hindi is all around and it is harmful. It is hardly distinguishable from Urdu as the many arguments about Hindi/Urdu shows. It is also associated with Mughal/Muslim customs and history. What spread of Hindi has done until now is spread Islamic culture.

i think we should learn at least two languages compulsory (one aryan language,say hindi and dravidan language say telegu)other than our mother tongue & English..

We should learn as many languages as we are capable of. I myself speak Hindi better than either my mother tongue or the state language Marathi, but I find it audacious on the part of Hindi speakers to somehow equate India with Hindi.

Last edited:
Sriram said: ↑
Its compulsory in TN alone.. only ppl who are protesting, if u had read the article, are those who came here from other states...
lingual/religious minority schools/CBSE schools are exempted...
Hindi is not an optional language it is taught as first or second language in hindi speaking states and it is taught atleast as third language in most non hindi speaking states ..
Get ur facts right...
Also i want to reiterate , non classsical languages are not good enough for India.. their use must be discouraged in public life...
That's what I am saying in all other states of India Hindi is either a second or third language. Which means after class 6 you have only first and second language and third language is removed from the course. Tamil Nadu is the state where Tamil is a compulsory language till standard 10.

You have comprehension issues. As stated by Sriram, CBSE schools plus other minority schools are exempted from Tamil as a compulsory subject in TN. So you could have studied in any private school in TN affiliated to CBSE and you would not have had to study Tamil.

Next, all Hindi speaking states have Hindi as the first language, so if a Tamil was to study in a Hindi speaking state, he would perforce have to study Hindi. Tell them that they are behaving like talibunnies by forcing people to take up Hindi in their states and then come and preach TN.

Hindi is the ugly language of filthy UP and Bihar, only respectless people will learn this ugly language. I salute Tamils and all other races who are protecting their languages and rejecting this bhayya ugly hindi language.
huh are u thinking that U can create separate State ? U are seriously mistaken, besides one who insults others language insults his own mother tongue. ( I am a proud Tamilzian)

Hindi is all around and it is harmful. It is hardly distinguishable from Urdu as the many arguments about Hindi/Urdu shows. It is also associated with Mughal/Muslim customs and history. What spread of Hindi has done until now is spread Islamic culture.

I disagree Hindi after independence has been highly Sanskritized to make other Indo-Aryan language speaking states more comfortable with by removing majority of perso-arabic influence . Although this Sanskritization process has slowed down recently due to lack of institutional support I am pretty hopeful it will be restarted by current government. And also all Western Indian languages like Marathi, Gujarati, Sindhi, Marwari and Punjabi have significant Persian influence.

its probably racist...but here is another trail...
1. Find an empty plastic can/ bottle
2. find some small pebbles to put in the above container.
3. Find a mallu/tallu/gulti/kannadiga or south indian.
4. Shake the container (with the pebbles inside).

the person in #3 is bound to undestand somethingggg
:laughcry: :omghaha: :rofl:

Ur facts are wrong, every school has option to give Hindi or French or sanskrit as second language.
My mother tounge is tamil but my second language is Hindi and Sanskrit.

The delusions of grandeur of a couple of Indian internet warriors here is hilarious.. :woot:

Not interested in a internal civil issue of India but Sri Lanka have been mentioned by a moronic few, Hence the response
Your presence is really unwarranted in this thread, however I agree wit u that u were dragged

I disagree Hindi after independence has been highly Sanskritized to make other Indo-Aryan language speaking states more comfortable with by removing majority of perso-arabic influence . Although this Sanskritization process has slowed down recently due to lack of institutional support I am pretty hopeful it will be restarted by current government. And also all Western Indian languages like Marathi, Gujarati, Sindhi, Marwari and Punjabi have significant Persian influence.

After all the attempts to Sanskritize Hindi, it is Bollywood Hindi which rules the roost. That is basically indistinguishable from Urdu. All our languages are getting peppered with Persian/arabic because of influence of Hindi. This is exactly the harmful affect of Hindi that I am speaking about. Also given its propagation from Delhi with its heavy Islamic influence, it is a double whammy.

Tamil Nadu is overwhelmingly and distinctly Hindu in culture and tradition thanks to having kept Hindi at abeyance. Unless one wants whole of India sounding and looking like Pakistanis, I think Hindi must not be the link language.

Let me make it clear.
Hindi as second language is optional in most of the urban private schools ( on par with French and sanskrit)
Rural belt schools dont have that option though.
The real change is we cant compare with other south Indian states providing Hindi. ( but situation is improving)
No one is forcing anyone in Tamilnadu to avoid hindi, period. If U want to learn U have all the resources to learn.

Hell Our language teaches us " Yadum voore Yavarum Kelir" . We do love our mother tongue as every one does ( bit more I guess) but we never hated other languages, Its all high drama by some political parties.

Tamil Nadu is overwhelmingly and distinctly Hindu in culture and tradition thanks to having kept Hindi at abeyance. Unless one wants whole of India sounding and looking like Pakistanis, I think Hindi must not be the link language.
There is Muslim population and Christian Population which speaks only Tamil.

Back
Top Bottom