What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

There is no rule which says all states have to follow the same rule. Each states can craft its own education policy. You are free to learn any language, just find a private tutor for yourself.
i think we should learn at least two languages compulsory (one aryan language,say hindi and dravidan language say telegu)other than our mother tongue & English..

What the hell r u talking about>>>>> you're comparing a language with crimes and religion???
Why are you comparing Hindi and Tamil??? its just a usefull language in India than Tamil.
Hindi is not going to help us earn money???? Are you kidding me step out of TN and you'll know ....
Tell me why do you've English in TN ?????????????

FYI I'm from TN and i know the value of Tamil and Hindi...
i asked u a simple question tell me what we have lost buy not knowing ur hindi...

Educated ppl get work in Southern states if not they go to foreign countries...

No one will ever settle in UP, MP or Bihar..

U guys are being false propaganda about importance of hindi

world will laugh at us if we keep hindi as pan indian language (a language few 100 years old representing >2000 year old culture) in spite of having 6 classical languages

That's fine... No one here said Tamil is not older than Hindi or so.... What you're not getting is that no one is telling you that you must give priority to Hindi than Tamil. You've an International language in TN's text book, and and English is just used to learn the basic and byb that no one in TN is getting fluent en english or forget Tamil for the sake of English and so/...... in the same way why don't TN include hindi just for the basics for the students future????

Problem is we need english (PLease tell me why so many hindi speakers are learning english) and we have zero need for hindi...
I have already given my reason as to why Hindi should be used in one of posts earlier here
I gave you the reason as to why we should take up one language as our national language, as I believe that one language(hindi) would unite the different states of India.
Let me give you an example, if a man goes to Assam for the first time he definitely would have zilch knowledge of the language and would find it difficult to communicate with ppl of the state.But if the said person and ppl of assam understand and speak hindi, communication would become easier. The chances are that in real life this man is most likely to use a foreign language( english) to communicate with ppl of the state. Isnt it better to use an Indian language than propagating english???
Now assuming the same man goes to southern parts of India,he would face the same difficulty there.
So if we have a language which is spoken all over India, ppl would travel more to other states and communicating with the locals would be a piece of cake.
I assume you have understood why I was supporting Hindi as our national language ..I wasn't taking straws from wind, that by no means should be misunderstood as disrespecting other Indian regional languages.
As I said its a more pragmatic solution!!

I know why you support english, as it might help you and likes of you when you move to US or say Europe.
Then how difficult is it to understand that hindi is needed within India for the same purpose.
I have yet to understand your plethora of feelings against hindi.

That's fine... No one here said Tamil is not older than Hindi or so.... What you're not getting is that no one is telling you that you must give priority to Hindi than Tamil. You've an International language in TN's text book, and and English is just used to learn the basic and byb that no one in TN is getting fluent en english or forget Tamil for the sake of English and so/...... in the same way why don't TN include hindi just for the basics for the students future????
U are running in circles, hindi does not give u jobs, english does... even tamil doesn't give jobs...

why should kids learn hindi if its not going to help them in anyway... they are free to learn outside schools

Arm would be fine ! :)

Just remember kid - the day Armstrong the Magnificent is proven wrong is the day the world will end ! :o: :agree:

Edit the first line of your post.
Pronto!!!

And I dont like "arm". Let me strain my brains a lil more.

I have already given my reason as to why Hindi should be used in one of posts earlier here

I know why you support english, as it might help you and likes of you when you move to US or say Europe.
Then how difficult is it to understand that hindi is needed within India for the same purpose.
I have yet to understand your plethora of feelings against hindi.
you are irrational... even in india, no one needs hindi, one's mother tongue is enough...

Don't see it as hindi vs english as u hindi wallas are all learning english..
Its not like u guys speak hindi alone

u are imposing a mediocre language on us just because u r majority...

We reject because we choose a quality indian language over an average indian language

i asked u a simple question tell me what we have lost buy not knowing ur hindi...

you lost your chance of being with a pretty north Indian girl by not knowing Hindi :flame:

to all my south Indian desis....
sooner or later hindi will gain its foot hold in ur native places ....u can diminish its effect for a short while but u can't stop it...its futile..
and no language is harmful to other...its only in ur dubious mind that is making hindi look like a monster for tamil.
every south Indian who comes to north learns hindi sooner or later ...and every north Indian who goes to south tries to make other people know hindi....
hindi is common tongue for 60% indian and tamil is for 8-10%.... hindi movie , serials and drama are been watched by the people of south... so its a means of propagating Hindi on an extent....
all those people who are resisting now will hear their coming generation speaking im hindi ...

the heading gives you the answer for your question???
you're only talking for yourself, there're thousands of Tamilians who're suffering from Not learnign Hindi in their school life... i know more than 100 guys from my District who went for higher studies and jobs in Bangalore and Mumbai were suffering add me too in that list..

UP, MP, Bhihar are heart land of Hindi that doesn't mean except those three stats no other state can speak hindi.. that's why its National Language.
There's no propaganda in truth

We are debating because some ppl are insecure about their "regional" language.
I dont see an opposition when it comes to english, why does hindi give shudders???

You cant compare English an universal language or Tamil a classical and native language of the sub continent with Hindi btw the insecurity is the majority who want to impose their foreign language on the minority -

Everyone in India should learn Tamil and the 3000 yr old sangam literary works as part of the original indigenous cultural heritage -

..hindi movie , serials and drama are been watched by the people of south... so its a means of propagating Hindi on an extent....
all those people who are resisting now will hear their coming generation speaking im hindi ...

really ? , while Korean wave i sweeping your NE

Korean Wave sweeping northeast | UCAN India

the heading gives you the answer for your question???
you're only talking for yourself, there're thousands of Tamilians who're suffering from Not learnign Hindi in their school life... i know more than 100 guys from my District who went for higher studies and jobs in Bangalore and Mumbai were suffering add me too in that list..

UP, MP, Bhihar are heart land of Hindi that doesn't mean except those three stats no other state can speak hindi.. that's why its National Language.
There's no propaganda in truth
The article speaks about plight of non-TAMIL speakers in TN...

First time im hearing that higher education in Bangalore and Mumbai are taught in hindi...

Tell me which higher studies gets u job with hindia as instruction

to all my south Indian desis....
sooner or later hindi will gain its foot hold in ur native places ....u can diminish its effect for a short while but u can't stop it...its futile..
and no language is harmful to other...its only in ur dubious mind that is making hindi look like a monster for tamil.
every south Indian who comes to north learns hindi sooner or later ...and every north Indian who goes to south tries to make other people know hindi....
hindi is common tongue for 60% indian and tamil is for 8-10%.... hindi movie , serials and drama are been watched by the people of south... so its a means of propagating Hindi on an extent....

nice dream... ppl these days are watching US serials and hollywood movies... hindi wallas are going to english medium schools..
they are now realizing the ground reality..

when they read history they will be ashamed to speak in hindi and other non classical languages.. they will start learning one of 6 classical languages of INdia, and bury mediocre languages

you are irrational... even in india, no one needs hindi, one's mother tongue is enough...

Don't see it as hindi vs english as u hindi wallas are all learning english..
Its not like u guys speak hindi alone

u are imposing a mediocre language on us just because u r majority...

We reject because we choose a quality indian language over an average indian language
Average Indian language??? A mediocre language??
Learn to respect languages first.
Aren't you ashamed of calling one of the Indian languages as "mediocre"???
And btw my mother tongue is Malayalam.
I've travelled and lived all over India ergo my conclusion.

You cant compare English an universal language or Tamil a classical and native language of the sub continent with Hindi btw the insecurity is the majority who want to impose their foreign language on the minority -

Everyone in India should learn Tamil and the 3000 yr old sangam literary works as part of the original indigenous cultural heritage -

Are you an Indian??
I cant see your flags.

You can not force Indians to learn another regional Indian language,tamil.
I support hindi as a second language but dont want it forced down one's throat.

U are running in circles, hindi does not give u jobs, english does... even tamil doesn't give jobs...

why should kids learn hindi if its not going to help them in anyway... they are free to learn outside schools

how does hindi doesn't give you jobs???? plz elaborate..... Go out of TN and attend an Interview.. when a HR asks you about the languages you'll know the out come of it.... the thing is you're in TN maybe both studied and working that's why you don't know nothing about the reality..

Back
Top Bottom