What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

Neither does Tamil to me. Why should I be forced to study Tamil upto my 10th standard...I would rather study French, Espanyol or Korean instead which would be beneficial for my career. Hindi isn't forced upon me it is an optional language...but Tamil is forced.

Its compulsory in TN alone.. only ppl who are protesting, if u had read the article, are those who came here from other states...
lingual/religious minority schools/CBSE schools are exempted...

Hindi is not an optional language it is taught as first or second language in hindi speaking states and it is taught atleast as third language in most non hindi speaking states ..

Get ur facts right...

Also i want to reiterate , non classsical languages are not good enough for India.. their use must be discouraged in public life...

@Ayush @Indischer @Ravi Nair - Why is this traitor allowed to stay in India ? :pissed:

If there is to be a National Language of India it must only be Punjabi ! :smokin:

Just kidding Levina Apa ! :)

Your arguments make sense ! :tup:

But isn't in a way English also the National Language of India as it is widely understood by almost all literate Indians ?

literate and even illiterates. go to places like CP/Pahar ganj in New Delhi and those beggars have learnt English to beg from foreign tourists. The 3 year old daughter of my neighbor here in Gurgaon speaks English. She is raised like her mother tongue is English same is the case with almost all new professionals and their kids. It is really turning into England over here lol

@Ayush @Indischer @Ravi Nair - Why is this traitor allowed to stay in India ?

If there is to be a National Language of India it must only be Punjabi ! :smokin:

Just kidding Levina Apa ! :)

Your arguments make sense ! :tup:

But isn't in a way English also the National Language of India as it is widely understood by almost all literate Indians ?

I am gonna Kick you Amii!! :pissed:

We are Indians not britishers, ergo i would hate to use english within India.
May be you dont know that the youth of India use more english than hindi, which in my opinion is a worrying trend.

And about Punjabi.....well I can understand it in bits and parts .
I have spent 3 years of my life in punjab sooooooo......... :-)

Tamil will always remain the first language of Tamil Nadu but what's wrong is introducing Hindi as an optional subject. Let the kids take it up if they want to. Is Tamilian culture and language so weak that few learning Hindi will wipe it off? why so much insecurity?

we don't wanna waste learning a useless language like hindi why is so hard for u guys to understand.. anti hindi agitations were started by students... no tamil here wants to learn it

When hindi wallas go to non hindi states to earn their bread and butter, i cant understand the audacity of them telling us to learn their language..

I am gonna Kick you Amii!! :pissed:

We are Indians not britishers, ergo i would hate to use english within India.
May be you dont know that the youth of India use more english than hindi, which in my opinion is a worrying trend.

And about Punjabi.....well I can understand it in bits and parts .
I have spent 3 years of my life in punjab sooooooo......... :-)

My name is Armstrong the Magnificent not Amii....I'm not your Amii (Mother) ! :pissed:

Most Pakistanis & Indians (I dunno about Bangladeshis) are British Indians in a cultural sense; we know more about Shakespeares or Tennysons, Monets or Rembrandts and Beethovens or Bachs of the world than we know about our own literary, artistic & musical notables !

I gave you the reason as to why we should take up one language as our national language, as I believe that one language(hindi) would unite the different states of India.
Let me give you an example, if a man goes to Assam for the first time he definitely would have zilch knowledge of the language and would find it difficult to communicate with ppl of the state.But if the said person and ppl of assam understand and speak hindi, communication would become easier. The chances are that in real life this man is most likely to use a foreign language( english) to communicate with ppl of the state. Isnt it better to use an Indian language than propagating english???
Now assuming the same man goes to southern parts of India,he would face the same difficulty there.
So if we have a language which is spoken all over India, ppl would travel more to other states and communicating with the locals would be a piece of cake.
I assume you have understood why I was supporting Hindi as our national language ..I wasn't taking straws from wind, that by no means should be misunderstood as disrespecting other Indian regional languages.
As I said its a more pragmatic solution!!

India is doing well without having one common language...

we don't wanna waste learning a useless language like hindi why is so hard for u guys to understand.. anti hindi agitations were started by students... no tamil here wants to learn it

When hindi wallas go to non hindi states to earn their bread and butter, i cant understand the audacity of them telling us to learn their language..

How can you say NO TAMILs HERE WANT TO LEARN???? Are you speaking for all tamils???
Don't expect all the Tamilians to learn in tamil and work in TN thats not how things work. like @Fireurimagination said Tamil will always remain as first Language, and when TN have English as another language to learn why don't you allow to learn Hindi which is very important in India for living and for the carrier when one steps out of TN.... by adding hindi to text book is not going to cripple Tamil, Already english is in the TN text book right, Why do you have it??? Its another Useless Language by your terms.

How can you say NO TAMILs HERE WANT TO LEARN???? Are you speaking for all tamils???
Don't expect all the Tamilians to learn in tamil and work in TN thats not how things work. like @Fireurimagination said Tamil will always remain as first Language, and when TN have English as another language to learn why don't you allow to learn Hindi which is very important in India for living and for the carrier when one steps out of TN.... by adding hindi to text book is not going to cripple Tamil, Already english is in the TN text book right, Why do you have it??? Its another Useless Language by your terms.

Don't get emotional... tell me what Tamils/Tamil Nadu lost be not knowing your hindi...

We are doing better than most hindi speaking states, we have produced great ppl in all walks of life without hindi... (music,dance,architecture, nobel prize, oscars )

We are also doing much less crime in the name of religion, caste or crime against women..

Hindi is insignificant in history and literature and cannot be compared to tamil..
Hindi is not going to help us earn more money..
So when u tell us to learn hindi we find it insulting and funny at the same time

Its ppl from north who come here for their livelihood, very few go out of TN for job to Hindi speaking states..

We are also providing clean, cheap food targeting poor migrant workers from north...

If u are eager to have a single language choose quality over quantiy (tamil over hindi) it will do wonders for India's image ...

India is doing well without having one common language...
Nope
I dont think so!!!

Or else we would not have been debating for pages on this thread.
My name is Armstrong the Magnificent not Amii....I'm not your Amii (Mother) ! :pissed:
That word is ammii (with DOUBLE Ms) :p:
And who will type A-R-M-S-T-R-O-N-G for all the times you troll me???
I prefer amiii :-)
Lolzzzzz
Like it or not I am will call you Ahmii ONLY. 8-)

Armstrong said:
Most Pakistanis & Indians (I dunno about Bangladeshis) are British Indians in a cultural sense; we know more about Shakespeares or Tennysons, Monets or Rembrandts and Beethovens or Bachs of the world than we know about our own literary, artistic & musical notables !
Thanks for reinforcing my belief.

Last edited:
Don't get emotional... tell me what Tamils/Tamil Nadu lost be not knowing your hindi...

We are doing better than most hindi speaking states, we have produced great ppl in all walks of life without hindi... (music,dance,architecture, nobel prize, oscars )

We are also doing much less crime in the name of religion, caste or crime against women..

Hindi is insignificant in history and literature and cannot be compared to tamil..
So when u tell us to learn hindi we find it insulting and funny at the same time

Its ppl from north who come here for their livelihood, very few go out of TN for job to Hindi speaking states..

We are also providing clean, cheap food targeting poor migrant workers from north...

If u are eager to have a single language choose quality over quantiy (tamil over hindi) it will do wonders for India's image ...

world will laugh at us if we keep hindi as pan indian language (a language few 100 years old representing >2000 year old culture) in spite of having 6 classical languages

Nope
I dont think so!!!

Or else we would not have been debating for pages on this thread.

That word is ammii (with DOUBLE Ms) :p:
And who will type A-R-M-S-T-R-O-N-G for all the times you troll me???
I prefer amiii or let me make it ahmii :-)
Lolzzzzz
Like it or not I am will call you Ahmii ONLY. 8-)

Thanks for reinforcing my belief.

we are debating because of some peoples irrational love for hindi

we are debating because of some peoples irrational love for hindi

We are debating because some ppl are insecure about their "regional" language.
I dont see an opposition when it comes to english, why does hindi give shudders???

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. Any Indian or Pakistani with an ounce of self respect would never call themselves British or be associated with those filthly ppl. Its your type who settle there that aid in destroying our respective nations.

We are debating because some ppl are insecure about their "regional" language.
I dont see an opposition when it comes to english, why does hindi give shudders???

Problem is we need english (PLease tell me why so many hindi speakers are learning english) and we have zero need for hindi...

What the hell r u talking about>>>>> you're comparing a language with crimes and religion???
Why are you comparing Hindi and Tamil??? its just a usefull language in India than Tamil.
Hindi is not going to help us earn money???? Are you kidding me step out of TN and you'll know ....
Tell me why do you've English in TN ?????????????

FYI I'm from TN and i know the value of Tamil and Hindi...

Problem is we need english (PLease tell me why so many hindi speakers are learning english) and we have zero need for hindi...
hindi doesnt give u jobs , why did u learn english in first place?? be logical plz

Back
Top Bottom