What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

Dude move out out telangana, your half learned hindi would help you to survive and help you to deal with people in day to day life

Those who want to move out of their state can pick up the language of the state they are moving in after the fact. There is no need for Hindu chauvinists to force Hindi down everyone's throats. Have some shame and try to learn one more Indian language than just Hindi before lecturing others.

India is supposed to be a democracy ..... one cannot force something upon students. Learning Tamil is OK, but forcing students to learn Tamil who wants to learn other language is just injustice.
BTW...GOING BY YOUR LOGIC....INDIA MEIN REHNA HOGA TO HINDI SEEKHNA HOGA...PERIOD.

Kyun? India ko Hindi wallon ne banaya hai? Yah hamare freedom fighters sirf Uttar Pradesh se aaye the?

I am not from north India...I am from Mumbai, Maharashtra.We have no problem with Hindi.!

Not all Marathis speak Hindi either. It is only in Mumbai and its sister cities that Hindi is spoken. Interiors of Maharashtra, no one cares about Hindi.

Kyun? India ko Hindi wallon ne banaya hai? Yah hamare freedom fighters sirf Uttar Pradesh se aaye the?

Hey don't say a word against UP people :angry: They gave 73 seats to Modiji.

Not all Marathis speak Hindi either. It is only in Mumbai and its sister cities that
Hindi is spoken. Interiors of
Maharashtra, no one cares about Hindi.

Yeah same is the case in Gujarat and Rajasthan

I think India needs one common language that unites it.And which language can be better than hindi, which is understood by roughly 60% of the population.
Frankly its not the south that worries me but its the North eastern states, though they dont resist learning hindi like tamilians did but still I see them using it much lesser than the southies.
And its a very ludicrous ruling by Tamili govt that ONLY tamil can be taught till grade 10.
Its a proven scientific fact that the brain develops with every extra language learnt.
Its high time hindi is introduced in schools of Tamilnadu.

@nair
Dont we have a similar rule in Kerala??

Yes I am learning to read urdu.:agree:..I heard its similar to arabic.(Though my arabic isn't perfect but I am "trying"to learn you know)
Levina in urdu....

View attachment 35234

@Armstrong did that pic turn sidewise??? :(

Btw whats a COCONUT dosa???
Its coconut chutney and dosa. :p:

F-k Hindi. Make everyone learn Sanskrit. I and others don;t give a damn if 60% know Hindi. Just because its convenient, doesn't mean its right. Southies and Northeast will boycott it. At least Sanskrit is neutral and doesn't rile sentiments

Not all Marathis speak Hindi either. It is only in Mumbai and its sister cities that Hindi is spoken. Interiors of Maharashtra, no one cares about Hindi.

My reply was to somebody....go and read his comments.

My reply was to somebody....go and read his comments.

I read his comment which I felt were wholly logical as opposed to your comments. You are the imposer while he is the defendant. It is the Hindi chauvinists who are seeking to impose their language on the rest of the country while the Tamils are only defending their language in their own state without seeking to impose it on anyone else. Yet the Tamils are being called chauvinists.

The entire country came together and formed a union not to accept Hindi domination in lieu of English. Hindi has no special claim on India or Indian history more than any other language in India.

I read his comment which I felt were wholly logical as opposed to your comments. You are the imposer while he is the defendant. It is the Hindi chauvinists who are seeking to impose their language on the rest of the country while the Tamils are only defending their language in their own state without seeking to impose it on anyone else. Yet the Tamils are being called chauvinists.

The entire country came together and formed a union not to accept Hindi domination in lieu of English. Hindi has no special claim on India or Indian history more than any other language in India.

Neither does Tamil to me. Why should I be forced to study Tamil upto my 10th standard...I would rather study French, Espanyol or Korean instead which would be beneficial for my career. Hindi isn't forced upon me it is an optional language...but Tamil is forced.

Back
Top Bottom