What's new

'We Want Hindi': In Tamil Nadu, New Demand Speaks Language of Change

Here many kids arguing without knowing ground realities. I am asking one question to Bengalis & telugu people don't you think hindi bullied/supress your own language?(tell the truth) just compare ur own literature works before and after adoption of hindi in your state. You people slowly losing your identity. We don't want such worse condition for tamil.

Tell me, does every Tamilian today regularly read Sangam literature and Thiruvalluvar's works? Conversely, what's preventing a Tamilian who has learnt Hindi from learning and enjoying Tamil literature? Does your knowledge of English make you any less a Tamilian?

We need more time to reveal other such states who need to be liberated. Soon the situation will be out of control :lol:
first control out of control situations in pakistan, unlike your banana republic nation, India is a mature democracy, liberty prevails here. another fact is that its us who are liberators, luks like after bangladesh we need to liberate balochistan and sindhudesh too from pakistani oppression.

Why don't provide Hindi at least as an optional subject??? Too much prejudice and insecurity IMO.
There is nothing "special" in hindi to feel insecured.

We just don't want to force hindi on TN kids..
they are free to learn outside school..

Only in the imagination of hindi speakers the language hindi is special...

For rest of us hindi is a non classsical, average language that is trying to impose itself on great classical languages of india...

Tell me its you guys who are insecure and lose sleep that we don't learn ur mediocre language..

When I say mediocre and average as adjective to hindi its not because of emotion but due to insignificantly short history and insignificanty small literary weath compared to the newer classical languages of India (lol, thought i'd compare hindi with TAMIL??)

India is on path to progress and we should shun mediocrity... hindi and other non classical language speakers should bury their languages and save the rest of us from embarrassment..

Feel free to learn any 1 of the following classical languages
Tamil
(in 2004),[33] Sanskrit (in 2005),[34] Telugu (in 2008), Kannada (in 2008),[35] Malayalam (in 2013)[36] and Oriya (in 2014).

I think it makes sense as @Ravi Nair @Indischer & @levina already know more Hindi than their own local languages & now they're learning Urdu to come into my good-books (not that I'm gonna let them till they stop feeding me coconut dosas every time I visit them) ! :unsure:

I can hardly string together sentences in Hindi.

@Armstrong long time no see my man.

Awesome news :yahoo:
I wanna see opinion of South Indians members :pop:

Hindi was compulsory until 7th standard where I studied in Kerala.

As long as Hindi is optional, no problems for me. People have the freedom to choose after all.

Politicians want to maintain the monopoly of Hindi language in every state of India. It is the time for Tamils to stand up against it and liberate themselves..

Good to see your concern for the Tamils. I hope your sympathy extends to all Tamils.

That being said, A Malayalee loves Malayalam, Kannadiga loves Kannada and Telugu is as much loved by their speakers as Tamilians love their language.

Each Indian state has their own political dynamic based on their history.

I know you are trolling and have absolutely zero clue how South Indian (I am surprised you know about Tamil Nadu but still,) politics works, but this is mere posturing by Tamilian politics to their crowd. They have absolutely no intention of becoming 'Independent.'

That ain't Levina in Urdu ! :o:

I was made to eat a coconut dosa or some similarly distasteful dish in Singapore by your South Indian compatriots ! :angry:

You South Indians tried to kill me with such bland food - I could sue you right now ! :mad: :lol:

Good luck with that,

No Pakistanis know where the South :D

Last edited:
Anirudh, a class IX student who wants to study marine engineering, says he feels forced to learn Tamil. "If I want a job in north India, I need to know Hindi," the Kannada-speaking teen told NDTV.

His classmate, Ashwin, who is from Kerala, says, "I would love to learn French. I could get an opportunity to work abroad."

Anirudh should move to North and Ashwin to Pondicherry,

BTW why are these kids and parents (non Tamils ) demanding Hindi ?

they should demand Urdu, the mother of Hindi, with Urdu they can find jobs in Pakistan and Middle East , no ?

Anyway NDTV belongs to India's anti Tamil Virus club , so no surprise there , what BS they peddle to the gullible - Hindi get jobs abroad , really ???

Last edited:
Tamilnadu me rehna hoga to tamil seekhna hoga ,PERIOD !!

India is supposed to be a democracy ..... one cannot force something upon students. Learning Tamil is OK, but forcing students to learn Tamil who wants to learn other language is just injustice.
BTW...GOING BY YOUR LOGIC....INDIA MEIN REHNA HOGA TO HINDI SEEKHNA HOGA...PERIOD.

Tamil people are misguided by their govmt...its not just learning Hindi...the fact is, these tamils hate Hindi and they express it with bad gesture when you are in tamilnadu... nobody wants to get transfered to Tamil, its like living in a different world within our country...

Lol...! Tamil Nadu is more developed than all the North Indian states put together without ur Hindi..! Seriously, there are now more NI working as labourers and doing business in TN, and what I have seen them is polluting railway stations and buses with Pan and spitting in all areas.
Now What have Hindi have achieved in NI? Did it get more industries? See even there was no Hindi in TN or Kerala , Karnataka or AP, they are more developed then rest of India. Why hindi didnt develop NI regions>?

India is supposed to be a democracy ..... one cannot force something upon students. Learning Tamil is OK, but forcing students to learn Tamil who wants to learn other language is just injustice.
BTW...GOING BY YOUR LOGIC....INDIA MEIN REHNA HOGA TO HINDI SEEKHNA HOGA...PERIOD.
Hindi is not national language,Tamil is tamilnadus state language .

Lol...! Tamil Nadu is more developed than all the North Indian states put together without ur Hindi..! Seriously, there are now more NI working as labourers and doing business in TN, and what I have seen them is polluting railway stations and buses with Pan and spitting in all areas.
Now What have Hindi have achieved in NI? Did it get more industries? See even there was no Hindi in TN or Kerala , Karnataka or AP, they are more developed then rest of India. Why hindi didnt develop NI regions>?

I am not from north India...I am from Mumbai, Maharashtra.We have no problem with Hindi.!

I am not from north India...I am from Mumbai, Maharashtra.We have no problem with Hindi.!

That doesnt mean, we should learn Hindi. Lots of South Indians too hate to travel to north for obvious same reason. Moreover, What I have seen till now is a lots of NI working in tech fields in south, than many people going to north.
I tell you again, instead of being provacative in your replies, think deeply. SI states are developed, I specifically say TN is better developed than NI states even without Hindi. What have Hindi created in NI? Jobs, Entrepreneurship ??? Nothing.
If you people wanna resign just cos, you dont like TN, we are pretty happy. Even without some guys our state shall develop and prosper. It cannot be said the same for the NI states though.

That doesnt mean, we should learn Hindi. Lots of South Indians too hate to travel to north for obvious same reason. Moreover, What I have seen till now is a lots of NI working in tech fields in south, than many people going to north.
I tell you again, instead of being provacative in your replies, think deeply. SI states are developed, I specifically say TN is better developed than NI states even without Hindi. What have Hindi created in NI? Jobs, Entrepreneurship ??? Nothing.
If you people wanna resign just cos, you dont like TN, we are pretty happy. Even without some guys our state shall develop and prosper. It cannot be said the same for the NI states though.

Nobody argued that SI states are less developed than NI. It's just that Bengali, Gujratis, Marathis, Telgus, Kannadas etc don't seem to have the insecurity which Tamils have, so much so that they hate Hindi LOL. Let the kids learn Hindi/French/German whatever they want to learn. No worries as my Tamilian friends state that Hindi is fast becoming popular in TN thanks to Bollywood

Back
Top Bottom