What's new

We need this in Pakistan

Overtime is just means the planner at top is not good
In Europe there was a study which highlighted this i am summarising that giving employees day off, maternity leave and less hours those increase productivity, creativity and moral of employees. While in japan and south korea they do opposite and then as a result suicide increases in employees.

Last edited:
I'd incrementally increase the worker's wages each day.

I think knowing that you're income is always going up is a good motivator to keep you engaged and not procrastinate.

LOL, is that a resting place or a torture place ?
1651669542191.png

In karachi there are some softwarehouses and a media groups who adopted these axact group with bol channel they have gym,swimming pool,rest area,pool even hairdresser and one more to my knowledge.
Even youtuber azadchiawala is adopting this to increase productivity without booze offcourse.
I believe Jazz has also done it in Islamabad.

In terms of Paksitanis
Production capacity vs productivity is very very very low. We are lazy people.
Lazy is an understatement, we have reached the state of haddharami where even the word lazy is a compliment for us. As far as I know, only the people of Karachi are hardworking and are always hustling.

Our culture is different.. It is ok to sleep at workplace in Japan. Managers consider that employees have worked really hard. Here. if implemented ;) :P
Overall, it is just a push/motivation. Instead of self-motivation, it is external push which makes people do work. You can a tough advisor, supervisor, manager who can make you do a lot of work quicker.

Lastly, this method is good to achieve some tangible objectives and not for abstract or creative work. Defining objective is itself is a great task. :D
Our people need whipping to get the work done in time.

Well until you give a community a chance you never know. This kind of broad-brush statement is unfair and the reason there is no human capital growth in Pakistan.

BTW you may want to have a look at Kickstart.pk

and TechOne incubator before making such self disparaging remarks about Pakistanis:

I am aware of such places, following are I believe some bigger players in the industry

My comment was not towards the infrastructure but rather the work culture, specifically speaking 'discipline' and it included myself as well, in our part of the world the motivation to finish the projects is entirely different as compared to what we witness in East Asia.

And when I say we are 30 years behind it is not about having all these co-working spaces, tech incubators, and start-up culture, it is all a very postive sign but still a niche. IK's government made some postive steps in the right direction but maybe it will all be rolled back by the present one's; only time will tell and we have a long road ahead.

In Europe there was a study which highlighted this i am summarising that giving employees day off, maternity leave and less hours those increase productivity, creativity and moral of employees. While in japan and south korea they do opposite and then as a result suicide increases in employees.
4 days working week will become norm in Europe, that has plenty of benefits beside productivity, it enables other economy branches like tourism, education, various service industries. At the end you have less demanding and calmer population, i see no reason why should not be implemented globally beside companies greed.

I am aware of such places, following are I believe some bigger players in the industry

My comment was not towards the infrastructure but rather the work culture, specifically speaking 'discipline' and it included myself as well, in our part of the world the motivation to finish the projects is entirely different as compared to what we witness in East Asia.

And when I say we are 30 years behind it is not about having all these co-working spaces, tech incubators, and start-up culture, it is all a very postive sign but still a niche. IK's government made some postive steps in the right direction but maybe it will all be rolled back by the present one's; only time will tell and we have a long road ahead.
@RescueRanger Colabs raised $3 million in a seed funding round about a month or two ago. This lady Fatima Mazhar is currently working for Colabs, she owns a significant amount of equity in Colabs. Colabs is not only about co-working space but it also an incubator.

47:51 How did she start working at COLABS?
49:30 What do they do at COLABS?
49:51 Why COLABS?
50:23 How does she see the entire space?

In terms of Paksitanis
Production capacity vs productivity is very very very low. We are lazy people.

I disagree. I think productivity is low because of processes and procedures, and even equipment.

Take a darzi for example, the amount of time they lose to load shedding.

How much time do office workers lose waiting for approval or assignments from management?

I disagree. I think productivity is low because of processes and procedures, and even equipment.

Take a darzi for example, the amount of time they lose to load shedding.

How much time do office workers lose waiting for approval or assignments from management?
Why has a darzi not purchased a generator? Or solar. Please don't say they cannot afford it. We love to make excuses

Why have management not been trained?

So again productivity is low due to the habits of people. So once again those people are Pakistani and too lazy to think and do

Why has a darzi not purchased a generator? Or solar. Please don't say they cannot afford it. We love to make excuses

So again productivity is low due to the habits of people. So once again those people are Pakistani and too lazy to think and do
mostly shops have resident apartment above who dont allow access to roof ,so solar is out, but everyone has generator here in Karachi.

Work life and personal life balance is really important, this is the reason why east Asian countries are facing dire age demographic situation

The cost is a big part of it. If you run a generator you have to reduce your margins or put up prices. Might work in a big city, but in small town and villages people will go to someone cheaper.

In my experience, all the Pakistani people i thought as lazy, when in the UK have been incredibly hard working, apart from like 2 people i know.

The whole of Pakistan is antithesis of this concept.

There would be mass rebellion and who knows the proprietor might be charged with blasphemy...

The cost is a big part of it. If you run a generator you have to reduce your margins or put up prices. Might work in a big city, but in small town and villages people will go to someone cheaper.

In my experience, all the Pakistani people i thought as lazy, when in the UK have been incredibly hard working, apart from like 2 people i know.
Bhai I am a business man.
Desi people never spend on their business to make an improvement. I have lived in Pakistan long enough to know

Back
Top Bottom