What's new

We Like Them Dumb And Ignorant

The difference between you and I is I know Pakistan and everything that happens there.
All hail the all-knowing sage! Rationalizing reasons not to learn anything contradicting his preconceptions! Thank G-d I do my very best to avoid such error!

I have no doubt that you are not here to learn or experience anything but to peddle your Zionist propaganda just like Wall Street Journal, Washington Post or New York Times.
The NYT a "Zionist" newspaper? Like, who on the planet who actually reads what the NYT writes can believe that?

No, I'm not going to "spare you" anything; your ignorance is deliberate so why should your feelings be spared, rather than speared?

Like I said, carry on with your Zionist Propaganda. We know what you are about and good luck to you, Sir.

Like I said, carry on with your Zionist Propaganda. We know what you are about and good luck to you, Sir.
Thank you. If every Pakistani was a Zionist Pakistan wouldn't be quaking under the self-inflicted terror knife it crafted for itself over the past six decades. Ignorance - whether general, as the article describes, or selective, as in your case - is indeed the terrorists' primary advantage. But does your affliction really excuse you from doing nothing about it, now that you recognize it exists?

You know, it is so easy to show any society as the most depraved society in the World.

I can go to a weekly social meeting of Witches or Devil worshippers here in New York and show their activities and then write in article in a Pakistani Newspaper that Americans get together once a week to worship devil. Would that be a fair depiction of American People ?

These is what these Media organizations do when they have an agenda. They will find an anamoly and try to project that as a norm. I am not saying that there are no evil people in Pakistan nor am I saying that all Madrassas are heaven on Earth with the most peaceful people.

I am saying that vast majority of these Madrassa are religious Seminaries teaching religious doctrines to their students ( 99.9% ).

It is not fair to take anamolies and present them as norms. But some Western media with an agenda to defame Pakistan do that routinely and without shame.

I agree. The media, especially in the US, has a habit of doing that. It tends to be very bias at times and does push an agenda. Iran for example is one country that there has been so much negative propaganda against here. It is sad because information is not being presented in an impartial way for people to independently interpret. People tend to go with the general consensus and take in anything the media feeds them.

I know exactly what you mean. There is good and bad in everything and it is important to look at the bigger picture than take the details out of context.

I agree. The media, especially in the US, has a habit of doing that. It tends to be very bias at times and does push an agenda. Iran for example is one country that there has been so much negative propaganda against here. It is sad because information is not being presented in an impartial way for people to independently interpret. People tend to go with the general consensus and take in anything the media feeds them.

I know exactly what you mean. There is good and bad in everything and it is important to look at the bigger picture than take the details out of context.

See, this is why I have so much hope for Pakistan because we have such Brilliant Pakistanis like yourself Z.

With people like you, Pakistan's best days are ahead of us.:pakistan::tup::pleasantry:

See, this is why I have so much hope for Pakistan because we have such Brilliant Pakistanis like yourself Z.

With people like you, Pakistan's best days are ahead of us.:pakistan::tup::pleasantry:

This is very sweet coming from someone as respected as you.....you're too kind :)

But yes, hope is something we all have when it comes to Pakistan!! :P

Iran for example is one country that there has been so much negative propaganda against here.

The US does demonize Iran a lot, but that is expected since Iran is their rival. They demonize us too, because we are also their rivals. That's all expected.

But why does the US demonize their allies in the Muslim world like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia too?

The US does demonize Iran a lot, but that is expected since Iran is their rival. They demonize us too, because we are also their rivals. That's all expected.

But why does the US demonize their allies in the Muslim world like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia too?

Pakistan because the US needs the American public's approval to be involved in Pakistan. Pakistan is portrayed in the negative light so that it is easier for the US to justify it's involvement there.

Saudi Arabia..to be quite honest, I don't see much of that from my perspective. In fact, I think the US tries to please the Saudis way too much. Even it's involvement with 9/11 seems to be overlooked.

This is just my opinin though, I could be wrong! :)

Its a mistake to generalize madrassas and associate them with terrorism. Madrasas are a form of NGO providing free boarding, lodging, food, and education to millions of poor children who otherwise would fall into bad hands and become criminals. There maybe some madrassas administrators who are in some way affiliated with anti-state elements and encourage their students to resort to anti-social activities.

Branding all madrasas as terror institutions because of a few would be similar to branding all churches as pedofile sanctuaries because of child molesting of some bishops and popes.

Pakistan because the US needs the American public's approval to be involved in Pakistan. Pakistan is portrayed in the negative light so that it is easier for the US to justify it's involvement there.

Saudi Arabia..to be quite honest, I don't see much of that from my perspective. In fact, I think the US tries to please the Saudis way too much. Even it's involvement with 9/11 seems to be overlooked.

This is just my opinin though, I could be wrong! :)

US Government maybe, but pretty much any TV show in America these days shows Arabs and particularly Saudis in a bad light, like in Homeland, 24, etc.

Not the best way to treat an ally I think.

US Government maybe, but pretty much any TV show in America these days shows Arabs and particularly Saudis in a bad light, like in Homeland, 24, etc.

LOLOLOL nope...that is only true for the muslim allies....the rest the US doesn't do that for....

don't know why though... loloolol

They are an ally as long as they have oil. they have nothing in common.

Thank you. If every Pakistani was a Zionist Pakistan wouldn't be quaking under the self-inflicted terror knife it crafted for itself over the past six decades. Ignorance - whether general, as the article describes, or selective, as in your case - is indeed the terrorists' primary advantage. But does your affliction really excuse you from doing nothing about it, now that you recognize it exists?

My man, I think you've gone way overboard with this thing. If you have a point, there are nice ways to make it. The point is made when it is not considered a blame or targeting a certain person - group. Rather, factual. The LEAST effective way to make a point is when you target someone's religion and then make a point. Here, you did just that. If the goal was to **** people off.....you've gotten it down just fine. But if you were hoping to make a point and have a discussion, that ain't going to happen after some interesting posts from you.

I have the same issue with Maddrassa based education like you do. But I'd go about this way. My intention isn't to disrespect anyone's religious or personal believes, rather an information exchange that I think people should consider based on my knowledge and theirs. There are plenty of smart people here.

I think Pakistan would be a much safer and better place to live if:
1) Maddrasas were regulated. In other words, the Imaam teaching Islam there, actually had an accredited degree in Science or Arts and that from a reputable school. Being religious is not bad at all, being religious with education that makes a person 'moderate' is optimal.
2) The curriculum in Maddrassas (if they need to exist), should have mathematics, science, and sports focus in it. The kids going to these schools (primarily poor) need to have certain quotas given to them after high schools so that they can get cheaper college education and get jobs and other careers. Education does produce good intellect. No doubt about it.
3) Pakistanis, as a nation, need to put in a program at the people's level where the country's main focus becomes education and modernization (to some religious folks, this doesn't mean you take off your clothes and run around naked), this just means more openness in the society such as women are free to work (which they are, in fact women in Pakistan fly combat jets, I just read a thread on it).
Tolerance and patience should become a national focus. ONE Pakistan, where all Muslims, Hindus, Christians and all other sects can go about their daily lives but know that their nation and country comes first. This builds nationalism and tolerance to look at each other, work together BEYOND the others religion, race, ethnicity, etc. The US is an AWESOME example of that. How we have sooo many religions, cultures, sects, all pursuing an American Dream. A mutually shared dream among all humans for a better and more successful life, for a better, prospering family, kid's future, etc. Only handwork, patience, respect for each other, tolerance and education can give that. We, the Americans and every other nation would like to see Pakistan on a similar path too. So one day, we can go and enjoy the SAFER Northern areas and drive through Pakistan and India through a road doing business and appreciating diversity and cultural richness. Like Turkey and Malaysia!!!!

You are missing a VERY important and SAD reality that you conveniently overlooked. The relationship has its ups and downs. No doubt about it. Similar is a marriage with ups and downs.
But, try to think a bit more analytically. The US, since the inception of Pakistan, has given it trillions of dollars in aid. What exactly was the reason? It DID form a partnership with Pakistan. Mistakes made on each end and they are bound to happen. Mistakes are made even in a husband and a wife. It's a part of life.
However, you are conveniently ignoring the fact that billions are being spent by the US tax payer in Pakistan to promote education, proper sanitary water supply, build hospitals, bridges, schools and colleges.....that's a LOT more than some of your provincial governments doing stuff for their people. So with SO MUCH help coming from America for the Pakistanis.....why the negative sentiment??? The involvement seems very positive to me after looking into projects that the US Aid is working on......??? and the US is involved in Afghanistan from a national security's standpoint. That's a fact. It's not doing anything to Pakistan. The sole purpose was Alqaeda's terrorists that brought us there to begin with!!

@Pakistanisage... we should focus on increasing and expanding the curriculum of these Madrassas to include Math and Sciences and othe secular subjects so these student can get jobs after graduation.

Hello:)

but how would that work? Isn't that like mixing religion with education because obviously at the mudrassas, a religious explanation of anything woulf be favored over a scientific one?

Instead of that, wouldn't it be better to invest that money and energy into making more schools? :)

The same way the madrassahs in Baghdad worked, the madrassahs which reintroduced the world to philosophy, mathematics, chemistry, biology and so on and so forth. The incompatibility of science is not with 'religion' but with the 'christian religion'. Islam is fine with science.

You are missing a VERY important and SAD reality that you conveniently overlooked. The relationship has its ups and downs. No doubt about it. Similar is a marriage with ups and downs.
But, try to think a bit more analytically. The US, since the inception of Pakistan, has given it trillions of dollars in aid. What exactly was the reason? It DID form a partnership with Pakistan. Mistakes made on each end and they are bound to happen. Mistakes are made even in a husband and a wife. It's a part of life.
However, you are conveniently ignoring the fact that billions are being spent by the US tax payer in Pakistan to promote education, proper sanitary water supply, build hospitals, bridges, schools and colleges.....that's a LOT more than some of your provincial governments doing stuff for their people. So with SO MUCH help coming from America for the Pakistanis.....why the negative sentiment??? The involvement seems very positive to me after looking into projects that the US Aid is working on......??? and the US is involved in Afghanistan from a national security's standpoint. That's a fact. It's not doing anything to Pakistan. The sole purpose was Alqaeda's terrorists that brought us there to begin with!!

Very narrow analysis of the situation. There is no 'goodness of the heart' from which either of the two countries work for the other. If it is a relationship then it is one based only on business. Where the US has reportedly spent billions in Pakistan we have also seen them pack their bags and leave us high and dry in the middle of a mess which primarily was for their own amusement (and this has happened more than once), not to look back until the need arose a decade after. Also, half of the quoted aid figures are actually lost within their NGOs, not to mention the quoting of reimbursements owed to Pakistan as aid as well. Loads of papers out there on all of this. Next, if some does get through then why hasn't anyone of us ever seen it? Where is it?

The negativity comes from the fact that in pursuing their own hegemonic interests, while sitting half a world away, they somehow, every time, conveniently forget the interests of the chap sitting smack in middle of the mess and still demand that he helps, nay, obeys them. A mess, again, that they made and pulled that chap into. Money does not cover that.

Food for thought: why is China so loved in Pakistan? They've spent a lot less here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom