What's new

We Don’t Seek Benevolence, But Don’t Malign us Either – Part I

People need to get their brains checked, that's all i can say.

Xeric, please stop being the lone defender of the army. We are with you when it comes to defence of the nation and military. So stop being rude and caustic in your responses.

I only talked about perceptions in my post to which you replied. There are many failings on civilian side no doubt. But it seems more often than not, military gets full advantage of that.

Military has been in the government many times. Its actions have not always been all benevolent. Its leaders have at time taken decisions which gave precedence to the interests of the institution. That will all become controversial. I dont even want to discuss that.

Xeric, please stop being the lone defender of the army. We are with you when it comes to defence of the nation and military. So stop being rude and caustic in your responses.

I only talked about perceptions in my post to which you replied. There are many failings on civilian side no doubt. But it seems more often than not, military gets full advantage of that.

Military has been in the government many times. Its actions have not always been all benevolent. Its leaders have at time taken decisions which gave precedence to the interests of the institution. That will all become controversial. I dont even want to discuss that.

Then stop going over a tangent.

AOHS has nothing to do with the military ruling the country, so why the connection?

You asked about DHAs being 'prime', i gave you the reasons why. i also told you that it's not only the military that runs such projects, i gave atleast 5 links/different organizations doing the same in my first post, then i gave another 5 in my post where i shared a google map, now if they cant sustain it, bhai why whine about the Army because you feel envious?

Like they say, there is no cure for jealousy, and i am not here to remove your pain.

You had questions, you got the answers, now if you decide to play with them and bring every other ill in connection to completely unconnected topics, whose at fault?

You can do either of the following:

Talk about a connection with proof, intuitions wont have much respect around here.

Or open up a new thread and we can discuss the military rule there.

In the end, though i do respect you for sharing your concerns and raising (some) pertinent questions, but please dont ask me to cure jealousy, will ya?

If people or government if Pakistan feel that there is no need of a military in Pakistan,all it will take is a law change and abolish the military.
That way Pakistan will be one of the few countries in the world without military..
If GOP and Pakistan feels so piss poor that they cant pay for a military and feel so hostiile towards military,abolishing the institution is the only way out.

Let civilian institutions guard borders,fight terrorists,fight Bugti's BLA.
May be they will do it better...

--------------------------
About AOHS,two of my first cousins retired and got plots/flats at prime locations,but they paid for it over the years they served with army,or so i was told..
Both sold the property for carors and having good retired life...

There's a thing known as sacrifice, though i wont say this to Contrarian who should understand its real meaning, but as regards you Cheng, i am sure that your capitalist brain will not even give charity if he dont see a return.

(BTW, cheng was a communists just a while ago, man you are one confused soul!)

Ah yes, let's resort to personal attacks. After all, how dare I question poor "STARVING" soldiers! :D

A "capitalist" brain may be correct this time, and not a "military" brain (if there are such things), please see below.

If people or government if Pakistan feel that there is no need of a military in Pakistan,all it will take is a law change and abolish the military.
That way Pakistan will be one of the few countries in the world without military..
If GOP and Pakistan feels so piss poor that they cant pay for a military and feel so hostiile towards military,abolishing the institution is the only way out.

Let civilian institutions guard borders,fight terrorists,fight Bugti's BLA.
May be they will do it better...

Given current trends, that time is not too far away!

Ah yes, let's resort to personal attacks. After all, how dare I question poor "STARVING" soldiers! :D

A "capitalist" brain may be correct this time, and not a "military" brain (if there are such things), please see below.

I have had to oppertunity to eat with soldiers at one occasion,and with PAF pilots at another occasion.
Beleive it or not i wasnt happy with the food they get....wasnt balanced diet,wasnt fancy,just the bare essentials.
And being from Abbottabad i seen for years what sort of food deliveries Baloch,FF and AMC centers get...i used to pity them...

Allow me to burst your bubble and tell you again that the military brain is again right this time by saying that "this time will will never come" as if you have had an insight to the Army recruitment trends, you would have known that they have gone 300% since the last 5 years alone.

Every year there is a remarkable increase in Pakistani youth appearing infront of recruitment centers and for ISSB, despite the fact that military has become a dangerous profession (if compared with the 90s).

Upon seeing this a study was conducted to find out the cause. Many thought it was because of population increase and poor employment opportunities, but guess what, that was not the case. Even though outsiders and those looking from the media's glasses think that Army's respect has gone down, infact in a common man's eye, the respect has increased.

Dont ask this from the elites sitting in DHAs who purchased their houses from Army-men, the fake Balochis on twitter and fb and paid thugs on editorials, but from Swatis, Balochis, Southern Punajbis and Pathans who has felt Army's impact first hand and have seen a Punjabi sacrificing his everything for a Sindhi, a Pathan sacrificing himself for a Balochi and a Kashmiri sacrificing himself for a Mohajir.

Also, as the Army has expanded its recruitment base into Balochistan and Southern Punjab (i will quote the study) and became a true National Army, you guys and traitors alike (who wish for what Safriz has said) will be see dust and nothing else. ;)

Allow me to burst your bubble and tell you again that the military brain is again right this time by saying that "this time will will never come" as if you have had an insight to the Army recruitment trends, you would have known that they have gone 300% since the last 5 years alone.

Every year there is a remarkable increase in Pakistani youth appearing infront of recruitment centers and for ISSB, despite the fact that military has become a dangerous profession (if compared with the 90s).

Upon seeing this a study was conducted to find out the cause. Many thought it was because of population increase and poor employment opportunities, but guess what, that was not the case. Even though outsiders and those looking from the media's glasses think that Army's respect has gone down, infact in a common man's eye, the respect has increased.

Dont ask this from the elites sitting in DHAs who purchased their houses from Army-men, the fake Balochis on twitter and fb and paid thugs on editorials, but from Swatis, Balochis, Southern Punajbis and Pathans who has felt Army's impact first hand and have seen a Punjabi sacrificing his everything for a Sindhi, a Pathan sacrificing himself for a Balochi and a Kashmiri sacrificing himself for a Mohajir.

Also, as the Army has expanded its recruitment base into Balochistan and Southern Punjab (i will quote the study) and became a true National Army, you guys and traitors alike (who wish for what Safriz has said) will be see dust and nothing else. ;)

Sir, with all due respect, I was referring to the ECONOMY, and its dire situation, to the point that defense expenditure cannot be maintained at present levels. Then what?

And you think we are unaware of this fact?

BTW, not everything is as bad as fed to you by CNN local and WSJ. :azn:

Okay, could you please tell me as to how you can claim that "everything is not as bad" as western sources claim it to be?

And being aware of the worsening economy, no matter what the actual or perceived extent, does not mean much without effective policies to actually deliver tangible improvements at the rate needed.

Already commented but worth mentioning again.
Dad was a non front line member of Pak Army,a civil engineer in FWO,and was a major.
But this non front line role was also dangerous and difficult.
From my memories i can recall at least a dozen occasions when dad could have died and we had grown up as orphans..
On one occasion i was there myself,already mentioned in previous coment..
No amount of money can buy a person's life and the difficulties and dangers these people face..
Living in Dir which is as desolated as mars,wasnt a good experience,then Landikotal.
I wont go live there again for any amount of money.
Army people do it more for honour,dignity,sens of duty than money.
But unappreciating people we are,we cant even give them some respect.
How many soldiers lose their limbs daily in the so calked WOT?
Dont they deserve a financial security?

V ji:

24267890.jpg

;)

Okay, could you please tell me as to how you can claim that "everything is not as bad" as western sources claim it to be?

And being aware of the worsening economy, no matter what the actual or perceived extent, does not mean much without effective policies to actually deliver tangible improvements at the rate needed.

Your avatar tells a lot. Mind you, its not personal attack. But it shows a (semi)naked boy peering through a very expensive professional lens. If you want to see through an expensive lens, which is your view of Pakistan going through your posts, it is sick to the core. But if you are the naked boy instead, Pakistan is much better than the perception you create through your posts.

Everything cant be perceived through rich-poor, me-and-them arguments. The world is not binary as many people think it is or make it out to be to prove a point.

All of these arguments about bad economy and this bad and that bad can be taken care of through a good and sincere leadership. I dont support Musharraf at all but his rule makes a good reference point to current scenario. When he was the president, Pakistan was doing very well, despite war going on and foreigners apprehensive to visit Pakistan. If only Pakistan is better managed, it can still do great.

Absolutely disgusted at the name calling on VCheng by members of the forum.

While Xeric you maybe right and others maybe wrong, you or some others cannot talk like this even if you find the questions mundane or downright stupid.

Back
Top Bottom