What's new

Watch banned film "India's daughter" here!

Am glad this documentary was banned.
Ban on legal and technical grounds was right, other than that this ban just gave free publicity to the documentary. "The Truth India doesn't want the world to know about India's daughter" (though we violated the terms of the contract and paid rapist to explain the graphic details of the incident in a remorseless manner).

sir one can't simply point to one such incident and say this is representative of the entire situaiton...

Mate please read my post about the docu after I saw it ( Watch banned film "India's daughter" here! | Page 14 ) and compare it to what you state, because none of what you say is even remotely shown by the docu!
You clearly let yourself guide by some statements in the media, partially from politicians that not even have seen the docu, not to mention are making statements with nonsense arguments, but that doesn't reflect the content of the docu in any way.

The filmakers were duplictious in how they obtained an interview with the rapist and then renaged on their side of the deal (did not present the full uneditied film to the prison authorities and did not repsond to numerous GoI corrospondences ). Part of the agreement was that the film purely be made for social awareness in India and there be no commercial gains made as a result, the fact the BBC has sold the rights to broadcast this film internationally proves they are using this film to profit and go against the understanding.

Here again, you clearly don't know the facts! She has got the consent of the offender as well of the home ministry:

1-4e77836c27.jpg

1-6df494e8a8.jpg

Also check this interview ( Appeal to PM Modi to Watch India's Daughter, Says Filmmaker After Ban ), where the filmmaker explains here intentions with the docu but also provides all the details about getting the permissions, showing the unedited and the edited footage to the authorities, not only by showing the final permission given in August 2013 (minute 9:30 onwards), but also by presenting dates and names of when the footage was shown, to whom and who else was present. The permission documents are available and it shouldn't be a problem to verify the dates and her presence in the jail at these dates, since there must be logs about it and the named witnesses.
So from the legal side, it seems more than credible, one have to question the home ministries decision to provide the permission though, because it was given although the case was ongoing by then and the death penalty was given only by September if I'm not wrong, but that has nothing to do with the docu or the producers of it.

Mate please read my post about the docu after I saw it ( Watch banned film "India's daughter" here! | Page 14 ) and compare it to what you state, because none of what you say is even remotely shown by the docu!
You clearly let yourself guide by some statements in the media, partially from politicians that not even have seen the docu, not to mention are making statements with nonsense arguments, but that doesn't reflect the content of the docu in any way.

Here again, you clearly don't know the facts! She has got the consent of the offender as well of the home ministry:

View attachment 199739

View attachment 199740

Also check this interview ( Appeal to PM Modi to Watch India's Daughter, Says Filmmaker After Ban ), where the filmmaker explains here intentions with the docu but also provides all the details about getting the permissions, showing the unedited and the edited footage to the authorities, not only by showing the final permission given in August 2013 (minute 9:30 onwards), but also by presenting dates and names of when the footage was shown, to whom and who else was present. The permission documents are available and it shouldn't be a problem to verify the dates and her presence in the jail at these dates, since there must be logs about it and the named witnesses.
So from the legal side, it seems more than credible, one have to question the home ministries decision to provide the permission though, because it was given although the case was ongoing by then and the death penalty was given only by September if I'm not wrong, but that has nothing to do with the docu or the producers of it.

Ya the Congress govt. sold India for a few Pounds and the BJP tried its best to prevent the propaganda machinery of BBC from bad mouthing India.

Every Indian must watch this documentry. 7 years back i was like one of those retard students who used to think small clothes are responsible for rapes.

Nothing to be ashamed of anything, ie if you need the cultural change in the country. Such a backward thinking country

Every Indian must watch this documentry. 7 years back i was like one of those retard students who used to think small clothes are responsible for rapes.

Nothing to be ashamed of anything, ie if you need the cultural change in the country. Such a backward thinking country

That is a normal part of growing up. As long as Indian culture teaches you to think for yourself and be fair and just, we have nothing much to worry about from a social stand point.

That is a normal part of growing up. As long as Indian culture teaches you to think for yourself and be fair and just, we have nothing much to worry about from a social stand point.

If a college student in India does not know what is right or wrong then he is not grown up yet.

If a college student in India does not know what is right or wrong then he is not grown up yet.

Sorry to disappoint you, but College students are not grown ups. You need to take responsibility to become grown up. Just growing lip hair is not enough.

Did you ever attempt to rape anybody who you thought was wearing a short or indecent dress ?

Unfortunately the action from your government is not helping matters either.. You put unwarranted restrictions on something people will want to know why.. Even those who never knew of it in the first place

Humans are curious

This documentary does not solve the problem either. Rather can be used for winning Oscar/Bafta making millions to BBC and the producer. Nothing more than that. This documentary does not give us any solution. Banned or allowed, it is still of no use.

:) wont comment on this and Indian ban on this video as i have not seen it but as at the moment i was browsing a Pakistani online shopping website and clicked a link of lipsticks' deal but suddenly a message appeared that you can not access this website , means it is banned by PTA or browsing withing Pakistan is restricted.

NOW you must be wondering just like me what the heck? why ban something which has everything to do with only LIPSTICKS :P i was puzzled and then i laughed hard because the lipstick brand was "Urban NAKED" lolzzzzz now hope you guys got my point?

My point is that if we desis are bug heads and do not know that any word sounding naked does not mean your filter should ban it, first prove that we are responsible people and then impose something like that.

@Bang Galore

This documentary does not solve the problem either. Rather can be used for winning Oscar/Bafta making millions to BBC and the producer. Nothing more than that. This documentary does not give us any solution. Banned or allowed, it is still of no use.

That is not true.

Yesterday there was a Lynching of a accused Rapist by a Mob. Maybe the documentary did have an effect. :coffee:

Sorry to disappoint you, but College students are not grown ups. You need to take responsibility to become grown up. Just growing lip hair is not enough.

Did you ever attempt to rape anybody who you thought was wearing a short or indecent dress ?

If you think college students are not grown up then there is really no point talking to you furthr.

You are saying what im saying. People who say wearing short dress is responsible for rapes might never rape someone, because its obvious this thinking is false, it all depends upon the rapist. Yet this is what some think, and this is the debate, that thinking of those people needs to change.

That is not true.

Yesterday there was a Lynching of a accused Rapist by a Mob. Maybe the documentary did have an effect. :coffee:

But I think that was before this video came to its peak in the news. He was basically targeted for his B'deshi nationality I guess. And in Nagaland.

If you think college students are not grown up then there is really no point talking to you furthr.

You are saying what im saying. People who say wearing short dress is responsible for rapes might never rape someone, because its obvious this thinking is false, it all depends upon the rapist. Yet this is what some think, and this is the debate, that thinking of those people needs to change.

LOL. Every kid with raging hormones who fantasises about rape or something seedy usually blames the girl. Its called Transference to avoid guilt or Shame.

Its a natural self defence mechanism. When you grow older you learn to control your feelings and your need for such transference goes away.

That is what is growing up. Being responsible enough so that we do not seek to transfer guilt or responsibility.

Self-flagellation (which you are demonstrating) is a characteristic of a narcissist. Again a part of growing up.

SO all in all, relax and grow up.

But I think that was before this video came to its peak in the news. He was basically targeted for his B'deshi nationality I guess. And in Nagaland.

Everything plays its role. The timing of this mob violence is unlikely to be a coincidence.

LOL. Every kid with raging hormones who fantasises about rape or something seedy usually blames the girl. Its called Transference to avoid guilt or Shame.

Its a natural self defence mechanism. When you grow older you learn to control your feelings and your need for such transference goes away.

That is what is growing up. Being responsible enough so that we do not seek to transfer guilt or responsibility.

Self-flagellation (which you are demonstrating) is a characteristic of a narcissist. Again a part of growing up.

SO all in all, relax and grow up.

Everything plays its role. The timing of this mob violence is unlikely to be a coincidence.

You make no sense. Though the reason probably behind this thinking is that we are so much proud of our 'sanskaars' that a girl wearing short dress is considered wrong. Is then obviously blamed for rape.

You make no sense. Though the reason probably behind this thinking is that we are so much proud of our 'sanskaars' that a girl wearing short dress is considered wrong. Is then obviously blamed for rape.

If we really have sanskaar and are proud of it, we will NEVER blame the girl for wearing a short dress or consider it wrong.

Its really a lack of sanskaar that makes you think that way.. Does that help ? :P

Back
Top Bottom