What's new

Watch banned film "India's daughter" here!

B_V2MQPUIAA-9Nl.jpg

How many people here think gouging eyes out is very normal India?

Maybe I've been super lucky not to notice such things happening normally in our society :lol:

I claim nothing regarding whether I have or have not watched the movie. That's just your mind working more than its apparently supposed to.

I don't need to point out anything dubious, the legal notice from GoI does that already. Go look it up.

What did the UN say that's worth acting on? Besides, how is that UN statement even consequential? He saw it, he liked it, cool. He has what say in what GoI does again?

Actually, if UN or UK or whoever else has some balls, get GoI to lift its ban, else they can whine along with the rest.

THIS IS WHAT THE DOCUMENTARY DID TO YOUR LEGAL SYSTEM MORON. PLEASE READ UNLESS YOU SUPPORT RAPISTS IN INDIA. IT TOOK A WHITE WOMAN TO DO IT! THANK HER

Outrage Over Defence Lawyers' Comments in Nirbhaya Documentary

The mother of the student today asked, "Why can't the government take action against lawyers who talk about my daughter like that?"

In the film Mr Sharma has at one point said that there is no place for women in Indian culture. Both AK Singh and he make other outrageous comments too.

Senior Supreme Court advocate KTS Tulsi demanded that their licences be suspended. "Shows complete absence of any concern for society. There can't be any justification. A person with this kind of mindset is still a lawyer. It is much more than a crime. The bar council must take cognisance," he said.

Raju Ramachandran, Former Additional Solicitor General of India, said, "They can defend their clients inside court but can't speak like this outside court. The Bar council shouldn't wait for any complaint and should take suo motu action."

THIS IS WHAT THE DOCUMENTARY DID TO YOUR LEGAL SYSTEM MORON. PLEASE READ UNLESS YOU SUPPORT RAPISTS IN INDIA. IT TOOK A WHITE WOMAN TO DO IT! THANK HER

The mother of the student today asked, "Why can't the government take action against lawyers who talk about my daughter like that?"

In the film Mr Sharma has at one point said that there is no place for women in Indian culture. Both AK Singh and he make other outrageous comments too.

Senior Supreme Court advocate KTS Tulsi demanded that their licences be suspended. "Shows complete absence of any concern for society. There can't be any justification. A person with this kind of mindset is still a lawyer. It is much more than a crime. The bar council must take cognisance," he said.

Raju Ramachandran, Former Additional Solicitor General of India, said, "They can defend their clients inside court but can't speak like this outside court. The Bar council shouldn't wait for any complaint and should take suo motu action."

Back to caps again I see, it must be me being dumb again.

The lawyers must be held accountable, I never argued otherwise. Similarly, the filmmakers must be too for airing such propaganda.

Your labeling me as supporting rapes is silly and childish, do continue.

GoI did not send legal notice over the content of the documentary, rather the commercial use. Read before yo type, please.

Back to caps again I see, it must be me being dumb again.

The lawyers must be held accountable, I never argued otherwise. Similarly, the filmmakers must be too for airing such propaganda.

Your labeling me as supporting rapes is silly and childish, do continue.

GoI did not send legal notice over the content of the documentary, rather the commercial use. Read before yo type, please.

IF SOMETHING REFORMS YOUR JUSTICE SYSTEM HOW CAN IT BE DUBIOUS? NEXT READ WHAT THE FATHER SAYS ABOUT THE FILM ARE U A BETTER JUDGE THAN HIM? MR CROCODILE TEAR MAN WHO IS TOO INSENSITIVE TO WATCH A 50 MIN DOC BEFORE COMMENTING? HE IS INDIAN BTW AND THESE ARE HIS OWN WORDS

Ban wasn't needed. For truth to be known, filth has to come out, says Nirbhaya's father Badrinath Singh - The Economic Times

The documentary India's Daughter holds up a mirror to society, it tells us how bad our mindset is, how we look at our own children. But how many of us are willing to look in the mirror and see what's there?

I don't understand why the government wanted to ban it. It is possible that they were fearing outrage and people taking to the streets after the telecast of the documentary. It could be a law and order concern for them. But for the truth to be known, it is necessary that the filth c ..

IF SOMETHING REFORMS YOUR JUSTICE SYSTEM HOW CAN IT BE DUBIOUS? NEXT READ WHAT THE FATHER SAYS ABOUT THE FILM ARE U A BETTER JUDGE THAN HIM? MR CROCODILE TEAR MAN WHO IS TOO INSENSITIVE TO WATCH A 50 MIN DOC BEFORE COMMENTING? HE IS INDIAN BTW AND THESE ARE HIS OWN WORDS

What reforms? Silly to think that a non-consequential movie will make any difference to the judicial system when that actual event and the subsequent protests did little.

@MokshaVimukthi ..I rest my case. Read the comments above. Proves that only the intelligent in India think like me. You unfortunately fall in the other category. Still want to defend those lawyers ? :azn:

What reforms? Silly to think that a non-consequential movie will make any difference to the judicial system when that actual event and the subsequent protests did little.

My friend, don't argue with the truth. If Indian society does not reform its mindset when it comes to women , heaven help India

My friend, don't argue with the truth. If Indian society does not reform its mindset when it comes to women , heaven help India

Every society needs reform to varying degrees when it come to women in particular.

The point is that this documentary serves no purpose towards that reform. This will be forgotten in a few days when the new media sensation hits. The legal battle will go on and the BBC will pay damages.

WHEN HAVE YOU HEARD FOR LAWYERS TO BE SACKED BASED ON A BBC DOCUMENTARY?

WHEN HAVE YOU HEARD FOR LAWYERS TO BE SACKED BASED ON A BBC DOCUMENTARY?

First, have they been sacked? All I see is calls for suspension of their license, which itself can be challenged.

Don't go hyperbolic. Even if they were removed from being lawyers, which is unlikely, a few lawyers do not make the judiciary system of India and these motor-mouth, foul lawyers are hardly the problem with Indian judiciary.

Judicial reforms is a much broader problem than this silly, sensationalist tripe of a documentary can ever hope to address.

Every society needs reform to varying degrees when it come to women in particular.

The point is that this documentary serves no purpose towards that reform. This will be forgotten in a few days when the new media sensation hits. The legal battle will go on and the BBC will pay damages.

For starters, the comments posted by those eminent lawyers quoted by @Always Neutral is hopefully indicative of reforms in the legal profession. Lawyers are leaders in any society and their ethics should never stoop to the gutter level exposed by the lawyers in this documentary.

If Indian society watches this documentary and are as horrified as I am, you can bet your rear that reforms will happen. The problem with our society is our culture. Taboo stuff such as sex and women's rights are never discussed at home. A point in example is the notion that a boy kissing a girl on the lips is disgusting. The rapist's narrative is that the girl who consented to sex with him some years ago refused to kiss him on the lips. That is the height of stupidity and it is a cultural notion which is widely espoused in especially the poorer sectors of Indian community. India must move into the 21st century culturally. It's failure to do so will result in human rights crimes such as this rape incident escalating and rendering it to the dirt-bin of history

First, have they been sacked? All I see is calls for suspension of their license, which itself can be challenged.

Don't go hyperbolic. Even if they were removed from being lawyers, which is unlikely, a few lawyers do not make the judiciary system of India and these motor-mouth, foul lawyers are hardly the problem with Indian judiciary.

Judicial reforms is a much broader problem than this silly, sensationalist tripe of a documentary can ever hope to address.

Ok mate bury your head in the sand and and leave your bum in the air for the world to spank.

@MokshaVimukthi ..I rest my case. Read the comments above. Proves that only the intelligent in India think like me. You unfortunately fall in the other category. Still want to defend those lawyers ? :azn:

Always Neuter is a pakistani so ya, you think like them. Congratulations :P

I neither care to defend those lawyer or criticize them, that is your burden and your own special straw man :lol:

Indian society does fine when it comes to women, but like all societies it can always do better. But if YOU do not reform your mindset when it comes to Indian society, then your mental slavery to the west will soon become permanent.

Your poor self esteem will not only make your unpopular, but it will also make you undesirable.

WELL THIS WHITE WOMAN HAS SHOOK UP INDIAN LEGAL SYSTEM MORON. READ THE BELOW BUT GUESS YOU ARE MUKESH KUMAR NO 2 SO YOU MAY NOT UNDERSTAND

Don't ever quote me your worthless pakistani :sick: .......... shoo. ........... chuta nahi hai.... age bado.

Back
Top Bottom