What's new

Wat will replace the A-5's??

Hi,

Either it is 10 hard points or 9 or 7---we must remeber that the A 5 was a 60's technology system as compared to the JF 17 which is a 2000 technology aircraft---it is like comparing throwing rocks from A 5 to, guided and programmed strike on a target from the JF 17. The science behind the delivery is a millions miles apart between the A 5 and the JF 17. One is seeing an end to its career and the other is about to take its first steps into the treacherous world of air to ground defence.

Yes it's a bomber derived from MIG-19. The only reason PAF is keeping it that it can deliever nuclrear devies.

There was a time that in order to achieve the probability of 99% hit on a single target, the USAF would rely on an entire wing of B-29 bombers (upwards of 48 aircraft relying on free-fall bombs/dumb ordnance). Now the same job is easily conducted by a single MR platform of the type that the JF-17 is suppose to be.

Dedicated aircraft are becoming too expensive for most Air Forces to be able to cater to. People still get bogged down by the argument that fast aircraft are not suitable for CAS role etc. etc. however the current technology is allowing just that.

The JF-17 needs a good targeting pod. This would allow the aircraft to carry on where A-5s leave off very effectively.

There was a time that in order to achieve the probability of 99% hit on a single target, the USAF would rely on an entire wing of B-29 bombers (upwards of 48 aircraft relying on free-fall bombs/dumb ordnance). Now the same job is easily conducted by a single MR platform of the type that the JF-17 is suppose to be.

Dedicated aircraft are becoming too expensive for most Air Forces to be able to cater to. People still get bogged down by the argument that fast aircraft are not suitable for CAS role etc. etc. however the current technology is allowing just that.

The JF-17 needs a good targeting pod. This would allow the aircraft to carry on where A-5s leave off very effectively.

what are the options available?
is there a chinese targeting pod? the french ATLIS or something newer?

-

I think PAF go for H6-K Bomber from China ;)

Well i love bomber like B2, B52, H6-K version ;) more thn fighter jets

I have heard the the new JF-17 squadron will not be established at Peshawer.....may be because of security reasons 16/26 JF-17 Sqn will move to some other base.

thats where our airforce lacks they always go for multirole some time multirole faulters we need special ground attack fighter jet why usa has A10 and china has Q5 they think they need some thing dedicated our airforce thinks they will replace Mirage III,A5 and F7PG which is not right 3 diferent types of fighter jets can be replaced with one type of fighter jet i dont think so it is good no doubt JF 17 is good for both but ground attack fighter jets can carry very very heavy payload which multirole fighter jet cannot heavily loading jf 17 in our airforce any enemy knows what jf 17 good points and weak points and they can destroy it with little bit of thinking if we can go for different types of fighter jets it will make headache to them to how to counter different types of fighter jets we have F16,JF17,and J10 as a multirole fighter jet where are ground attack fighter jets and air superiority fighter jets in our airforce so plz chief or airforce staff rethink your stretegy

thats where our airforce lacks they always go for multirole some time multirole faulters we need special ground attack fighter jet why usa has A10 and china has Q5 they think they need some thing dedicated our airforce thinks they will replace Mirage III,A5 and F7PG which is not right 3 diferent types of fighter jets can be replaced with one type of fighter jet i dont think so it is good no doubt JF 17 is good for both but ground attack fighter jets can carry very very heavy payload which multirole fighter jet cannot heavily loading jf 17 in our airforce any enemy knows what jf 17 good points and weak points and they can destroy it with little bit of thinking if we can go for different types of fighter jets it will make headache to them to how to counter different types of fighter jets we have F16,JF17,and J10 as a multirole fighter jet where are ground attack fighter jets and air superiority fighter jets in our airforce so plz chief or airforce staff rethink your stretegy

You forgot about Interceptor Aircrafts!!:undecided:

BTW how is going to afford these luxuries??

i wish we could get a Raptor or EuroFighter Typhoon sorta thing ;-)

Alas! but who is going to pay for it.

i am not a airforce guy but just out of curiosity want to ask you experts that dont you think F-16 though being a King in the fighter generation has lived his life when compared to other contemporary fighters???

AN EXCELLENT QUESTION:
I will prepare an answer. I don't want to give you a one liner answer.

I thinks its rumored that a JF-17 ground attack version will be prepapred. According to senior members at SDF, PLAAF is more interested in a ground attack version so maybe PAF will also go for it.

Back
Top Bottom