What's new

Washington may ask New Delhi to make a choice: Russia or US

Modi calls all the shots and makes all the foreign policy decisions. Sushma ji is a feather lite minister. Hence she is called the twitter minister. Her role starts and ends with issuing visas and addressing humanitarian issues.

Foreign policy is decided by bureaucrats, like Doval.

Hollow heads keep echoing the same thing with no facts or rationale. It is due to absolute frustration & total helplessness. This thinking more or less comes with their painful experience and existence. You can see this in modified titles of posts, twisting facts, calling names , using emojis, personal attacks...etc. As they say just bcos dogs bark heavens does not become disturbed.

Indian foreign policy will be independent and will only be based on its requirements.

Yep. Things are not going to go the way people expect. I remember this old debate where they come to the conclusion that India is not Britain when they were talking about Iranian nukes and sanctions.

LOL I cannot believe I am reading this.

You better believe it.

They are not offering anything significant to us today. And in 10 years, we will cease imports anyway, so the window is too short for them to offer anything significant in the future also.

Personal interest and national interest are two very distinct and broad terms which you may not understand

Not very nice of you to openly favour one of the worst enemies of a country that gave you shelter.

That's not called interests, that's called being an a55.

It's not much of a choice, it will be USA. Indians still have the colonial mindset and still haven't been able to get rid of the shackles of dependency; very much like a housewife dependent on her husband.

But seriously, we are coming to the crossroads of the new world order and how things unravel will set the stage for the next quarter of a century. US is ascertaining and finalising it's pieces, weak pieces will be discarded and powerful ones used in the next phase of expansion and consolidation of it's interests ( a very broad term). It would be interesting how India responds to "you are either with us or against us" as they are too intertwined economically and unraveling could be quite costly. This is the the time the Indian diplomats have to prove their worth and it would be interesting to see how it plays out.

Trump tamasha hi hi..
We just concluded the S-400 deal defying US sanctions which sends out a clear message that India wouldn't play by the rules of US. We had friendly relations with both Russia and US and hopefully our diplomats will continue to do so. If we reach a point where US compels us to choose if we're with them or against them, I'm sure India would take a neutral stance and revive the NAM rather than taking sides

Not very nice of you to openly favour one of the worst enemies of a country that gave you shelter.

"Shelter?" That country no longer exists. At the time, we had a mutual understanding that no longer applies. Indo-Russian relations are now purely commercial.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/indi...with-russia/story-BgOK3oEBHkRTaW6WKMDA4J.html
The defence ministry’s view is that Russia, which has already sold the system to China, could also sell it to Pakistan, perhaps through China, if India reneges on the deal at this stage.

I am not a US citizen. I would still care about the interests of India and most expats be it from India or Pak or any other country would care about the interests of their home country rather than the country they're living in. I personally wouldn't want India to take sides but if that situation ever comes, I hope we stay non-aligned just like how we did it during the cold war

I am not a US citizen. I would still care about the interests of India and most expats be it from India or Pak or any other country would care about the interests of their home country rather than the country they're living in. I personally wouldn't want India to take sides but if that situation ever comes, I hope we stay non-aligned just like how we did it during the cold war

Right but that doesn't mean you start pissing on the country you're staying in by openly preferring their enemies to themselves.

Right but that doesn't mean you start pissing on the country you're staying in by openly preferring their enemies to themselves.
Looks like you got serious comprehension issues. I never badmouthed the US but I gave a personal opinion on whom my country should side with based on long term national interest and geo-political strategies of the US and Russia and how it would affect India

Looks like you got serious comprehension issues. I never badmouthed the US but I gave a personal opinion on whom my country should side with based on long term national interest and geo-political strategies of the US and Russia and how it would affect India

You effectively did by choosing Russia over them. Not very nice, considering you live in the US.

Back
Top Bottom