What's new

Was the Kushan emperor Kanishka a Turk?

Well maybe his tribe was related to the Gokturks as we all know that they came from the same region.So in a sense it's quite possible that Kanishka was a predecessor of the modern day Turks although there is no definitive proof to support this theory..:coffee:
The Saka were the first ancient Turkic tribal alliances at the territory of Kazakhstan. They belonged to Caucasian race. The Saka spoke Eastern Iranian language, they had different relations with China, India, Iran (Persia); the dominating form of religion was ancestor worshipping.so in my opinion they are The descendants of turks.

@Charon 2 No they were descendants of the Sakas (Hindu Shahis). As for Kanishka his clan was originally from Xinjiang and from what I know about the area Turks came around later so he could not have been a Turk.
The Saka were the first ancient Turkic tribal alliances at the territory of Kazakhstan. They belonged to Caucasian race. The Saka spoke Eastern Iranian language, they had different relations with China, India, Iran (Persia); the dominating form of religion was ancestor worshipping. I think they are were Turkic descendants as the tribe was same.The early saka were also a Turkic Iranian federation.

Back
Top Bottom