What's new

Was the Kushan emperor Kanishka a Turk?

That's true. The Mughals became totally assimilated into the Indo-Persian society. If we look at the history of India Turkic peoples were just like other invaders like Hunas, Sakas, Kushans, Tocharians, Hepthalites... They all got assimilated by the Indian culture. Pashtuns are the only group who could establish a succesful base in India and who didn't get assimilated by Indians

You forgetting the British as well.

565px-ZeusSerapisOhrmazdWithWorshipperBactria3rdCenturyCE.jpg

558px-PharroAndWorshipperBactria3rdCenturyCE.jpg

569px-ShivaOeshoBactria3rdCenturyCE.jpg

823990178_14e4bb1c13.jpg

Zeus, Pharro, Shiva

Unlike the Persians to the west, Kushans accepted and promoted many different ideas and concepts.

Buddhist Gandhara art/culture thrived under the Kushans.

Not all of them were "Hindus" very few were. They had Greek, Persian, etc. gods along with few Hindu ones and revered Buddhism later on. They were secular in nature.

I meant Hindus and Buddhists but the others such as greeks, Persians, etc embraced either Hinduism and Buddhism. Afghanistan was a cradle of Hindu and Buddhist civlization..

That's true. The Mughals became totally assimilated into the Indo-Persian society. If we look at the history of India Turkic peoples were just like other invaders like Hunas, Sakas, Kushans, Tocharians, Hepthalites... They all got assimilated by the Indian culture. Pashtuns are the only group who could establish a succesful base in India and who didn't get assimilated by Indians

If you look at Pashtuns....they look just like North Indians though. But I agree they kept their own culture....

Read up on this guy

Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is the type of Muslim all muslims should read about. He was well ahead of his time...

Bacha Khan strongly opposed the All-India Muslim League's demand for thepartition of India.[5][6] When the Indian National Congress declared its acceptance of the partition plan without consulting the Khudai Khidmatgar leaders, he felt very sad and told the Congress "you have thrown us to the wolves."[7] After partition, Bacha Khan pledged allegiance to Pakistan and demanded an autonomous "Pashtunistan" administrative unit within the country, but he was frequently arrested by Pakistani government between 1948 and 1954, and in 1956 for his opposition to the One Unit scheme under which the government announced to merge the former provinces of West Punjab, Sindh, North-West Frontier Province and Baluchistan into one administrative unit of West Pakistan. Bacha Khan also spent much of the 1960s and 1970s either in jail or in exile. Upon his death in 1988 in Peshawar under house arrest, following his will, he was buried in his house at Jalalabad, Afghanistan. Tens of thousands of mourners attended his funeral, marching through the Khyber Pass from Peshawar to Jalalabad, although it was marred by two bomb explosions killing 15 people. Despite the heavy fighting at the time, both sides of the Soviet war in Afghanistan, the communist army and themujahideen, declared a ceasefire to allow his burial.

Last edited:
I meant Hindus and Buddhists but the others such as greeks, Persians, etc embraced either Hinduism and Buddhism. Afghanistan was a cradle of Hindu and Buddhist civlization..

Kushans arent Indian, period. They took in some Indian beliefs(Buddhist and Hindu) just like they did with Greek and Persian ones. They were secular and were open to local beliefs, unlike many others.

Afghanistan isnt the cradle of Buddhist or Hindu civilization.

Kushans arent Indian, period. They took in some Indian beliefs(Buddhist and Hindu) just like they did with Greek and Persian ones. They were secular and were open to local beliefs, unlike many others.

Afghanistan isnt the cradle of Buddhist or Hindu civilization.

Afghanistan was a major center for Buddhism and Hinduism but its role was in serious decline after its conquest by many different empires.

Why constitutes being Indian?

The majority of ppl in Afghanistan were Hindus and Buddhists before Islamic conquests.

Read

Hinduism in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Afghanistan was a major center for Buddhism and Hinduism but its role was in serious decline after its conquest by many different empires.

Many parts of the subcontinent were major centers of Buddhism and Hinduism. Andra, Sri Lanka, Magadha, Kashmir, etc, etc, etc.

If using some some script and worshiping some gods constitutes one being of a certain group. Kushans are Bactrian, Greek, Persian, Indian, and god knows what else. They are Central Asians first.

The majority of ppl in Afghanistan were Hindus and Buddhists before Islamic conquests.

Read

Hinduism in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trust me you dont need to show me a wiki link.

I said whoever they were, The Kushan and such groups all over greater India were all HINDU Brothers. The Mughals were of Mongol stock whose blood became diluted the longer they stayed in India........in the end INDIA ALWAYS WINS>.

I was asking about woman part.

Those pathans who went to UP, Bihar are Indians now, those who stayed back remained pathans. So wrong exemple.

Last edited:

Read

kipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]
Then tibet and japan should also be labeled indian for being mostly budhist?

Kushan, race belongs to the Indo-European race,mainly religion is Mahayana Buddhism
贵霜Kushan Empire from Yuezhi/Rouzhi 月氏. It was originally a Yuezhi tribe.
Yuezhi originally in the Hexi Corridor and the Qilian mountain nomadic。they were defeated by Xiongnu匈奴, westward to Central Asia,Westward the Yuezhi, known as 大月氏(big yuezhi),left is called the 小月氏(little Yuezhi).
大月氏(big Yuezhi) is divided into five
tribes--休密、双靡、贵霜(Guishuang)Kushan、胖顿、都密
In the middle of the first Century A.D., the 贵霜Kushan tribal leaders 丘就却 (Kujūla Kadphises) eliminate the other four chiefdom, make himself king, establish the Kingdom of Kushan. After the Kushan expanding,become a powerful empire in South and Central Asia.
Its heyday: AD 105 - AD 250. Early capital in Kabul (高附), and later moved to Peshawar (富楼沙)。
hundred years later, the name Turkic(突厥Tujue) only appears

Last edited:
Then tibet and japan should also be labeled indian for being mostly budhist?

No but at one time Ashoka ruled over Afghanistan ....can see the difference now

I was asking about woman part.

Those pathans who went to UP, Bihar are Indians now, those who stayed back remained pathans. So wrong exemple.

You didnt ask me anything. What about women?

You said Kushans made your woman pretty, how?

Not just Kushans but every ethnic group that ever came to India. By intermarrying and having children, the progeny would have a mix of features. Of course, there are ugly chicks, but there some gorgeous, exotic looking Indian women.

Not just Kushans but every ethnic group that ever came to India. By intermarrying and having children, the progeny would have a mix of features. Of course, there are ugly chicks, but there some gorgeous, exotic looking Indian women.

I find original austroloid Indians more attractive. I don't know what are you smoking.

I find original austroloid Indians more attractive. I don't know what are you smoking.

That's your opinon. Why do you assume Im smoking something? I and many, many others will agree our women are gorgeous and the mixing of cultures surely helped.

Back
Top Bottom