What's new

Was India Ever a Rich Country in its History?

LOL!!! Seriously you need data to digest it?

How many empires ruled 100% of this region? None
How many empires ruled major part of subcontinet and kept it united? You can count on finger tips of one hand, Maurya, Gupta, Mughal, British - any else? out of these 2 were foreigners.
How many years these empires lasted after reaching their peak? Collective peak time rule of all these is not even 1000 years.

So, In thousands years of history of the region max 1,000 year it was united. that was also by force.
---
Yes... we in india ask many question ... its our nature.. that why we progress.
ok.

How many empires ruled 100% of this region? None
Right .. why .. because each kingdom is itself a state with huge army ..
the Warrior elephants is destruction machine to name one of the lethal weapon..
War elephant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
you dont have army who can equally fight in dessert of guj, raj or hills of sahayadris in western ghasts
or in north east dense jungle..
like that it was difficult to rule PAN india or PAN indian subcontinent

How many empires ruled major part of subcontinet and kept it united? You can count on finger tips of one hand, Maurya, Gupta, Mughal, British - any else? out of these 2 were foreigners.
Agreed.
So, In thousands years of history of the region max 1,000 year it was united. that was also by force.

tell me which territory kept under rule by love .. it always force first ..

I don't want to divert the actual topic, this topic needs its own thread. But i am sticking on my point that Mughals were mixture of Turkic and Persian peoples.
--
mughals
from maternal side from turki - timrud dynaty - persia
from paternal - mongol
"Contemporaries referred to the empire founded by Babur as the Timurid empire,[26] which reflected the heritage of his dynasty, and was the term preferred by the Mughals themselves.[27] Another name was Hindustan, which was documented in the Ain-i-Akbari, and which has been described as the closest to an official name for the empire.[28] In the west, the term "Mughal" was used for the emperor, and by extension, the empire as a whole.[29] The use of Mughal, deriving from the Arabic and Persian corruption of Mongol, and emphasising the Mongol origins of the Timurid dynasty,[30] gained currency during the nineteenth century, but remains disputed by Indologists.[31] Babur's ancestors were sharply distinguished from the classical Mongols insofar as they were oriented towards Persian rather than Turko-Mongol culture.[32]"
Mughal Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting look at India in the past, but wealth of Indians was heavily concenterated in the hands of the few in the past and same is in the present.

In the past it was royalty, in the present its the billionaires.
---
present day billionaires are still small compare to these guys
Rolls Royce - The Indian Maharajas Motor Car | Guruprasad's Portal

When the Maharaja of Patiala (Bhupinder Singh) visited a Rolls-Royce showroom & inquired the price of a high end model, the salesman mocked at him and said he would not be able to afford it. The infuriated Maharaja bought all the cars from the showroom, cut open their roofs and began to use them as garbage trucks!!

The entire 'Indian' civilisation was formed by the muslims and British.
---
and chinese by alines right

Last edited:
Prove it. British ruled that doesn't mean they are the founding fathers they even ruled China so that means China's founding father is a British? . The present India and it's constitution and uniting work were done by the Great leaders of India for example : Mr. Sardar Patel, Mahatma Gandhi. It's about time you get out of your CPCs propaganda of faking everything.

Nope.

It was Winston Churchill.

Stop talking Indian propaganda.

entire chinese civilization is formed due to japanese .....
@beidu
you can check with medical proof too..
@dem
what a reply....:yahoo:

Prove it. British ruled that doesn't mean they are the founding fathers they even ruled China so that means China's founding father is a British? . The present India and it's constitution and uniting work were done by the Great leaders of India for example : Mr. Sardar Patel, Mahatma Gandhi. It's about time you get out of your CPCs propaganda of faking everything.
--
dear their concept of father is changed after japanese lesson
(note :soorry Chinese bro.. but you invited it.. )

LMAO! jo dusro ke liye khadda khod ta h, wohi aakir me usme girta h :rofl:

@beidu
you can check with medical proof too..
@dem
what a reply....:yahoo:

--
dear their concept of father is changed after japanese lesson
(note :soorry Chinese bro.. but you invited it.. )

Bro you forgot to mention the aftermath in which the authorities of rolls Royce begged and apologized to him and pleaded to stop using them as garbage vehicles8-)

Rolls Royce - The Indian Maharajas Motor Car | Guruprasad's Portal

When the Maharaja of Patiala (Bhupinder Singh) visited a Rolls-Royce showroom & inquired the price of a high end model, the salesman mocked at him and said he would not be able to afford it. The infuriated Maharaja bought all the cars from the showroom, cut open their roofs and began to use them as garbage trucks!!

Last edited:
Mughals were a mixture of Turks and Mongols bro. They were Turco-Mongols. They were culturally Persianized though.

With a element of Persians. I am not trying to be funny. Central Asia was homeland of Iranic people, do you think they just disappeared when Turkic and Mongols invaded? Did Babar look like Genghis Khan or more of a mix between Persian and Mongols.

With a element of Persians. I am not trying to be funny. Central Asia was homeland of Iranic people, do you think they just disappeared when Turkic and Mongols invaded? Did Babar look like Genghis Khan or more of a mix between Persian and Mongols.

That way you will say that everyone from Central Asia is part Iranian. All historians refer to Mughals as Turko-mongols and not pure Mongols or pure Persians. this is the first time I am hearing from anybody that Mughals were part Iranian.

My only point was that it was Central Asian Turks and Afghans who mainly invaded or conquered India, not Iranians. some of the rulers may have had some distant Persian connection , but that won't count.

Anyway , this will derail the thread. Let's leave this discussion for some other thread.

That way you will say that everyone from Central Asia is part Iranian. All historians refer to Mughals as Turko-mongols and not pure Mongols or pure Persians. this is the first time I am hearing from anybody that Mughals were part Iranian.

My only point was that it was Central Asian Turks and Afghans who mainly invaded or conquered India, not Iranians. some of the rulers may have had some distant Persian connection , but that won't count.

Anyway , this will derail the thread. Let's leave this discussion for some other thread.

Exactly, this topic needs its own thread.

Why not do some statistics about primitive people?

This does't make any sense especially to today's economy, also it's useless to do research about it.

once called Sone Ki Cheryaa (Golden goose). But it was looted again and again and Even Raped..
But India has never played an active role in World Affairs or even in regional affairs due lack of political stability which was provided only by Ashoka, Akbar and British Empire.
That's was simple history I learned in school.(you can blame if you like).
Today things are different. lets hope they remain different.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom