What's new

War is not an option,Pakistan ready for ‘conditional’ talks with India says Qureshi

–Foreign minister says conditions include permission for him to meet with Kashmiri leadership

–Says ‘war is not an option’, Pakistan has always prioritised peace

Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said that Pakistan could hold talks with India over the issue of occupied Kashmir if New Delhi meets certain conditions, including allowing him to meet with the Kashmiri leadership.

In an exclusive interview with BBC Urdu, the minister said Pakistan had no objection to holding bilateral talks with India and that it would also welcome mediation by a third party.

He said the talks could take place if: India lifts the crippling curfew that has been imposed in occupied Kashmir for nearly four weeks, restores the rights of local residents, releases the entire imprisoned Kashmiri leadership and allows him (Qureshi) to meet with the Kashmiri leadership.

But he added as a caveat that while Pakistan has never shied away from talks, he did not see a favourable atmosphere for negotiations from the Indian side considering New Delhi’s oppression of the Kashmiri people.

“There are three disputes to this conflict: India, Pakistan and Kashmir,” Qureshi told the BBC. “I think if India is serious it should first set Kashmiri leaders free and allow me to meet the Kashmiri leadership and hold consultations.

“I will have to assess their (Kashmiri leaders’) emotions. [We] cannot come to the table for talks by trampling the sentiments of Kashmiris.”

Ruling out war, the foreign minister stressed that Pakistan has never adopted an aggressive policy and always prioritised peace. “(A war) will cause loss of people and the world will be affected by it, so war is not an option,” he said.

He added, however, that the armed forces and people of Pakistan are ready if war is “imposed” on Pakistan like on February 26 earlier this year.

On August 5, the Hindu nationalist government of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi stripped Kashmiris of the special autonomy they had for seven decades through a rushed presidential order. An indefinite curfew was imposed in occupied Kashmir and elected leaders were put under house arrest. The clampdown is now on its 27th day.

Pakistan angrily slammed New Delhi’s moves, expelling India’s ambassador, suspending bilateral trade, and taking the matter to the United Nations Security Council.

Foreign Minister Qureshi’s latest comments echo that of Prime Minister Imran Khan, who wrote in an op-ed for The New York Times on Friday that dialogue with India can start only when it reverses its “illegal annexation of Kashmir, ends the curfew and lockdown, and withdraws its troops to the barracks”.

“With the nuclear shadow hovering over South Asia, we realise that Pakistan and India have to move out of a zero-sum mind-set to begin dialogue on Kashmir, various strategic matters and trade. On Kashmir, the dialogue must include all stakeholders, especially the Kashmiris,” the premier wrote.

Qureshi during the interview said it was due to Pakistan’s diplomatic efforts that the Kashmir issue had reappeared on the world’s “central stage” after years.

Playing down the notion that Gulf countries had not effectively raised their voice for Kashmir, and the giving of awards to Indian Prime Minister Modi by the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, the minister said although the Gulf nations have business and bilateral ties with India, their position on the Kashmir issue is clear.

He recalled that the Arab countries had come to Pakistan’s rescue in the recent past when its economy was under pressure.

“The nation should not forget that Pakistan was about to default. Did the UAE and Saudi Arabia not come for our help at the time?” the minister said, adding that hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis were employed in the two countries who sent their remittances home.

Qureshi said the nation did not need to be saddened because the Gulf countries will support Pakistan’s stance on Kashmir once the facts become clear. He also revealed that he would convey the feelings and sentiments of Pakistanis in his conversation with the UAE foreign minister in the near future.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...onal-bilateral-talks-with-india-says-qureshi/
Now was I wrong in asking for this guys resignation?????

Question:
T8BQcsrhfyzW_640x360.jpg

Carrot and stick policy, or more like good cop bad cop. Good strategy.

–Foreign minister says conditions include permission for him to meet with Kashmiri leadership

–Says ‘war is not an option’, Pakistan has always prioritised peace

Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said that Pakistan could hold talks with India over the issue of occupied Kashmir if New Delhi meets certain conditions, including allowing him to meet with the Kashmiri leadership.

In an exclusive interview with BBC Urdu, the minister said Pakistan had no objection to holding bilateral talks with India and that it would also welcome mediation by a third party.

He said the talks could take place if: India lifts the crippling curfew that has been imposed in occupied Kashmir for nearly four weeks, restores the rights of local residents, releases the entire imprisoned Kashmiri leadership and allows him (Qureshi) to meet with the Kashmiri leadership.

But he added as a caveat that while Pakistan has never shied away from talks, he did not see a favourable atmosphere for negotiations from the Indian side considering New Delhi’s oppression of the Kashmiri people.

“There are three disputes to this conflict: India, Pakistan and Kashmir,” Qureshi told the BBC. “I think if India is serious it should first set Kashmiri leaders free and allow me to meet the Kashmiri leadership and hold consultations.

“I will have to assess their (Kashmiri leaders’) emotions. [We] cannot come to the table for talks by trampling the sentiments of Kashmiris.”

Ruling out war, the foreign minister stressed that Pakistan has never adopted an aggressive policy and always prioritised peace. “(A war) will cause loss of people and the world will be affected by it, so war is not an option,” he said.

He added, however, that the armed forces and people of Pakistan are ready if war is “imposed” on Pakistan like on February 26 earlier this year.

On August 5, the Hindu nationalist government of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi stripped Kashmiris of the special autonomy they had for seven decades through a rushed presidential order. An indefinite curfew was imposed in occupied Kashmir and elected leaders were put under house arrest. The clampdown is now on its 27th day.

Pakistan angrily slammed New Delhi’s moves, expelling India’s ambassador, suspending bilateral trade, and taking the matter to the United Nations Security Council.

Foreign Minister Qureshi’s latest comments echo that of Prime Minister Imran Khan, who wrote in an op-ed for The New York Times on Friday that dialogue with India can start only when it reverses its “illegal annexation of Kashmir, ends the curfew and lockdown, and withdraws its troops to the barracks”.

“With the nuclear shadow hovering over South Asia, we realise that Pakistan and India have to move out of a zero-sum mind-set to begin dialogue on Kashmir, various strategic matters and trade. On Kashmir, the dialogue must include all stakeholders, especially the Kashmiris,” the premier wrote.

Qureshi during the interview said it was due to Pakistan’s diplomatic efforts that the Kashmir issue had reappeared on the world’s “central stage” after years.

Playing down the notion that Gulf countries had not effectively raised their voice for Kashmir, and the giving of awards to Indian Prime Minister Modi by the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, the minister said although the Gulf nations have business and bilateral ties with India, their position on the Kashmir issue is clear.

He recalled that the Arab countries had come to Pakistan’s rescue in the recent past when its economy was under pressure.

“The nation should not forget that Pakistan was about to default. Did the UAE and Saudi Arabia not come for our help at the time?” the minister said, adding that hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis were employed in the two countries who sent their remittances home.

Qureshi said the nation did not need to be saddened because the Gulf countries will support Pakistan’s stance on Kashmir once the facts become clear. He also revealed that he would convey the feelings and sentiments of Pakistanis in his conversation with the UAE foreign minister in the near future.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...onal-bilateral-talks-with-india-says-qureshi/
Ducking idiot .. already given up... moron foreign minister... weakling Barwa, never show your cards.

Coming in after a 1 month hiatus. A lot has changed. I see very few indian posters in this forum since first week of Aug
I hope the situation gets amicablemy resolved between the 2 countries. We are the same people after all.

Now was I wrong in asking for this guys resignation?????
hey you jehadi teesmaar khan, listen to this:

and for the rest of you keyboard warriors:
Pakistan wins if it succeeds in avoiding a war with the gungoos. It is NOT a war between Pakistan and bharat but between China and NATO (USA) through proxies. told you this last year when talking to el sidd the retired troll that it was starting in spring 2019. but Pakistan avoided it once this last February by playing smart and it will keep on trying to avoid it as long as humanly possible.

Last edited:
hey you jehadi teesmaar khan, listen to him:

for the rest of you keyboard warriors:
Pakistan wins if it succeeds in avoiding a war with the gungoos. It is NOT a war between Pakistan and bharat but between China and NATO (USA) through proxies. told you this last year when talking to el sidd the retired troll that it was starting in spring 2019. but Pakistan avoided it once this last February by playing smart and it will keep on trying to avoid it as long as humanly possible.
whether you agree or not, we should try to quickly sort this out amicably and there should give and take on both sides with regards to Kashmir Valley and Pakistan side.

bas daikh tay jao...I'm of the opinion that Pakistan is a playing a very flexible good cop bad cop game...the world has started playing the bad cop as various governmental bodies in the western world have started taking a punitive tone against india so Pakistan plays the good cop...as soon as the world tones down, Pakistan plays the bad cop again to keep the fire lit under the indian behinds...ALL this while the Kashmiri Mujahideen do what they do best...

whether you agree or not, we should try to quickly sort this out amicably and there should give and take on both sides with regards to Kashmir Valley and Pakistan side.
Naaah...when the Kashmiri masses on both sides are with Pakistan then there is ONLY gonna be take take and take from us, no giving...

no matter what you and I want, modi and team have been pumped up by the powers that actually are pulling the strings. it is only the normal real Ghandian Hindus (as opposed to hindutvi master race turds) can deflate him. if they fail he will risk anything to be able to sit at the big boy table (of the western world).

bas daikh tay jao...I'm of the opinion that Pakistan is a playing a very flexible good cop bad cop game...the world has started playing the bad cop as various governmental bodies in the western world have started taking a punitive tone against india so Pakistan plays the good cop...as soon as the world tones down, Pakistan plays the bad cop again to keep the fire lit under the indian behinds...ALL this while the Kashmiri Mujahideen do what they do best...

Naaah...when the Kashmiri masses on both sides are with Pakistan then there is ONLY gonna be take take and take from us, no giving...
the Kashmiri masses have been siding with Pakistan for 70 years and now India has set its eyes on PoJaK. This is not a good situation. You may be ok for calls of nuclear war sitting in the US but our people will perish in this unwanted game. We should be smarter and thwart the Western and Chinese game being played with us.

no matter what you and I want, modi and team have been pumped up by the powers that actually are pulling the strings. it is only the normal real Ghandian Hindus (as opposed to hindutvi master race turds) can deflate him. if they fail he will risk anything to be able to sit on the big boy table of the western world
gandhian hindus are extinct...they are gone, finished, don't even exist in the congress party...notice how during the elections campaign, rahul gandhi et al barely spoke against the minority discrimination nor did they take a stand with the minorities, they debated on other issues like economy and corruption and what not IMPLYING that they are actually perfectly okay with bjp's rss led discrimination against minorities & their persecution...

the fact is that the real india that Qaid e Azam Jinnah warned us about is now showing its true face.

I dont know why everyone is so upset about what SMQ said, what he said here is logical, and we know India will not even allow this
The problem is he has unilaterally changed the goalposts, so suddenly the abrogation of 370 is okay according to Qureishi. Bhaktistan is enjoying this freebie from Qureishi.

gandhian hindus are extinct...they are gone, finished, don't even exist in the congress party...notice how during the elections campaign, rahul gandhi et al barely spoke against the minority discrimination nor did they take a stand with the minorities, they debated on other issues like economy and corruption and what not IMPLYING that they are actually perfectly okay with bjp's rss led discrimination against minorities & their persecution...

the fact is that the real india that Qaid e Azam Jinnah warned us about is now showing its true face.
Jinnah was probably incorrect as this situation would not have occurred if muslims lived with hindus without the shadow of partition. This was a fait accompli. This situation has come as a result of partition.

Salaam

Had it been Khursheed Kasuri I'd have been more confident it was some sort of 'good cop bad cop strategy'. With SMQ, unfortunately, I don't feel as confident about this as I wish I did. There is this nagging suspicion that SMQ is following his own usual agenda.

I'm hopeful that my suspicions are misplaced and his statements are well choreographed and planned by the foreign office part of a greater plan.
wasalam,
He is very ambitious person.

Back
Top Bottom