What's new

Wal-Mart under fire in India, government signals probe

I am not against FDI, but do you know how many jobs these companies like Wal Mart will provide and how many local businessmen will be put out of work. One has to look at creation of unemployment along with employment to find the benefits.

Also, the local businesses pay higher money to the bottom of the chain, that is the producers, than the chains like Wal Mart. If these local businesses shuts down, the farmers have no alternative but to sell their product at lowest price to only player in the market as they will control the price then.

One has to look at Germany when they allowed FDI with much restriction to save local businesses. Liquidity increases with flow of money but when you remove a major driver of this flow, there won't be more liquidity.

"I am not against FDI" - that's what you wrote... who the f*ck is against FDI??? You got to be crazy to make that statement.

And I do have an idea that the number of jobs created by 'companies like' Walmart will only be an addition, so why would you want to know the exact number, even if it is just 1?

After reading your second para, I can easily infer that you have absolutely no idea about how Indian markets work - they are dictated by the dealers!

Do you know what is an Aarhti?? Let me know if you do, and then I can tell you more about what you are groping for.

The dealers pay pittance to the farmers, and sell it to higher retail dealers, who still pay much less and yet sell it further to the local dealers in the towns, who in turn charge even higher prices from the consumers.

End result... Farmers sell the product at relatively low prices, while the consumers pay much higher rates for the same product.

The ones who benefit are neither the farmers, nor the consumers, but the local dealers who do absolutely nothing but sit on their a$$es and dictate prices to the farmers and consumers.

Either you are totally naive, or you are one of the middlemen I pointed out in this post... please enlighten us, which one is it?

Wallmart is very bad for india. Wallmart means more profit for the managers while the workers suffer. It is communist slavery redefined.

I don't find anything wrong in Lobbying, everyone pursues other entities one way or another to publicize their products.

If it is beneficial for customers and farmers, I welcome FDI in retail sector too.. Atleast it will stop middlemen taking the advantage..

If it is beneficial for customers and farmers, I welcome FDI in retail sector too.. Atleast it will stop middlemen taking the advantage..

fdi is definitely going to benefit a majority..thats for sure

Is that the best you can come up with? I am actually black!!! Just because I said the right thing,...doesn't mean you are not running an illegal labor mafia in the US. Soon there will be a day when the FBI will jump into this and trust me, a few hundred Indian shadow companies and people will go straight to jail. The laws would be tightened then.

Tell you what, when my buds, our service members who got back from Afg and Iraq can't get jobs due to your illegal mafia violating US labor laws....you'll see it in my posts. You can call me Chinese or Crazy if you want to, but counter my statement with something more credible than utter stupidity. This is where you can read a response and you know how smart the Indians are. Bribe and technical skills don't mean you are superior. It just means you are robing a country and it's people who let you in with goodwill!!!

Lol ...a black american named 'Aurangzeb' :mamba:

Ab tera kya hoga Kalia ..... :lol:

Tell me one thing, is it Indian govt. controlling this so called "illegal" mafia ? Are Indians on the whole financing these mafia by paying taxes ?

If Russian crime Mafia operates on your soil, do you blame Russia ? Its fault of US that can't stop these criminals. May be you need to implement these US labor laws with much efficiency. Don't blame entire India because your country is incapable of doing something. India as a whole is not responsible for this mess as there is no connection of Indian govt. with this.

If you can't get a job and you know about these illegal Indians, file a case against them. After all its you who is paying the price.

Now this is a post that requires a positive response. Majority of the members, just make silly comments.
Here's the issue. For the nth time, I am going to repeat myself. My issue is not against the Indian gov't or its people. This isn't an 'anti India' thread or post. I have friends from India..
However, the 'illegal network' runs on daily basis. I am sure things have been reported. But the Indian lobby doesn't let any laws pass against anything. It is illegal under the current laws to lie on resumes. Well.....almost 90% of the resumes that come out, have flat out lies in them. Well, no one wants to notice. Then you have people who interview for others. I actually have an Indian friend that works as a consultant to one of his employes when he used to consult for them. He interviews with companies for other people and gets paid for his services. Since he has the experience, he pretends Ram or Sham, etc. Ram or Sham get the job. When they show up, that's a whole different story. If their team and boss is also an Indian (which happens a lot), then he'll survive it and they'll bring him up to speed. Otherwise, he'll be sent home. Seen MANY examples like these.

How is it that the immigration law says that if you are on H1B, and out of work for more than a month, you need to go back to India. You remain in the US and you'll be out of status (H1B gone). But people now pay their employers to show them that they are busy even when they are looking for another contract. THAT is SO illegal. Your employer brings you here to work in the US for a temporary need. Not to get paid from you and lie to the US gov't and the immigration that you are busy when you are not. And you are paying for them to lie to the gov't??? This is so illegal, I think it is 10 years and a lot of $$ in prison.

The fact is, that this process and nationalism is taking a toll on the American jobs. And the laws need to be tightened around it. Some punishments need to happen and after a crack down, this will get fixed to majority of the degree. Some will still manage to continue taking the risk.

And no, I am not without a job. I am getting ready to retire from a very graceful career and having run many organizations and still have partnerships in a few ventures. So thank you. I do have friends who are in special forces and x army who almost got killed in Afg and Iraq....when THOSE guys don't find jobs, it hurts and no one should be allowed to not get a job due to a foreign mafia. That's that. AGAIN, this isn't against India or 'the Indians'. It is just dirty business practices that are going on. I think it's US gov't's responsibility to tighten the laws so that the American people can get the jobs they deserve.

Lol ...a black american named 'Aurangzeb' :mamba:

Ab tera kya hoga Kalia ..... :lol:

Yes, a Black man name Aurangzeb. One of my Indian Muslim friend who's a member here, asked me to use this name. He thought it was funny and it would tick off some Indian people. I don't know the reason why....but I took it. There are 'Black men' who's names are Jamals, Kamals, Rahuls, etc. Not sure why 'Aurangzeb' can't be the case. Not that it is here but hypothetically speaking.

Back
Top Bottom