What's new

VOTE - Which SAARC state will fight for India?

Which SAARC state will fight for India?

• Nepal

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Afghanistan

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Bhutan

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Maldives

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters
India falsely considers itself the South Asian super power, however one can't be a superpower unless it has allies which can be counted upon during war time.

Considering how India has bullied every single of its neighbors in South Asia it's hard to imagine if India can muster allies to fight Pakistan and China In a shooting war.

Have your say, which SAARC state will join India against Pakistan or/and China?
Nepal, Bhutan - our armies are practically one.

And given some more time and our consistently warming relations, maybe even Bangladesh in the future.

Though your definition is flawed.
A superpower is not based on allies but strength of economy and military of the country.

And no country in South Asia comes even close to matching India in Military power. Infact, all the countries in South Asia put together wont be able to match India in military power.

Ergo, we are by default the pre-eminent power of South Asia.

Using terms like superpower is for 18 year old kids or the not-yet-mature adults

Last edited:
all of them as allies in different tiers. Energy allies, defence partners, economic partners, trade and transit allies, technological and education partners. We need multi lateral ties with individual countries, and organisations from NAFTA to SCO. all of them .
Military partners and traditional partners will continue to have a a healthy relations with us, but I do not envisage fighting a war for someone, neither do I want some one else fighting wars for us. We are quite capable of protecting out own interests.
Aren't we already having those relationships
For ex....Iran and Russia are our energy partners
China and Japan as economic partners
Israel,US and Russia sort of defense partners
Afghanistan is also an ally

India falsely considers itself the South Asian super power, however one can't be a superpower unless it has allies which can be counted upon during war time.

Considering how India has bullied every single of its neighbors in South Asia it's hard to imagine if India can muster allies to fight Pakistan and China In a shooting war.

Where is Pakistan

There are more votes here for Pakistan than any other country. Please add Pak to the list. My vote goes to Pakistan followed by. China and last but not least North Korea.

Another one of those brilliant threads which is very informative.

On topic: We are expecting no one to fight for us.

We dont believe in tag team matches or mixed doubles.

Very childish to ask such question.
A Nation which knows its own power doesn't depend on anyone but rather on themselves, Only you could think this way, Someone will come and HELP us when we go to war with Bharat.I can understand the trauma and PTSD of getting beaten black and blue in all the wars with Bharat.
China Chickened out earlier.
We held off both Western and Eastern borders in 1971. While a contingent of 2,00000 troops were deployed in Indo-China border to thwart any Chinese offensive,China did nothing, you kept crying to UN.
Your PM Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto pleading in UN Security Council to impose anything worse than th "Treaty of Versailles" is Epic and recorded.Here to remind you again what happened.(China(your ally),USA( your ally then and now) was also part of that Security Council then but the stood mum, why?)
USA task force 74 chickened out when Soviet Submarines came up.
You know you are all alone.Unless you think,you can shield yourself from Nukes and total Annihilation,then go ahead fight with Bharat.China knows about us and its not suicidal but pragmatic.We like such nations who are pragmatic.

We fight alone, we are enough to deal with any situation.

Whom you considered as bullied by Bharat are signing treaties with us in SAARC only Pakistan is left out and your wonder why? :D

Im sure if it came down to it and some foreign nation attacked india and went beyond just war and they begun to hurt/rape/abuse indians some sort of south asian thing will happen

And Pakistan will save india
First they will have to come through you though.Already you sold your land to build bases of NATO/USA. We haven't so there is no comparison.

its true most likely... if india is under attack anybody other then china and they are slaughtering civilians.. we would have to jump in.

This is what i said in theory we hate each other but their us no doubt we share conmon languages and culture etc

If someone attacked india we pakistanis would probably rejoice especially if it was a short and punishing war which degraded indias capabilities and reserves

But if it was a more in depth occupation and we saw indians who kind of look like us and talk like us, dress like us, eat like us

If we saw women being raped or women in dupatta, hijab, asian dress crying

Men in lungis, salwar kameez south asian dress being abused or pushed around

I honestly think pakistanis would react

I think if pakistanis are killing or hating indians its all good but with anyone else we will have a breaking point

To give a real ife example

I hate indians but if i saw some white dude abusing some indian mother in sari or indian kid, i would slap the white guy in the face

I would still hate indians but they would remind me of my iwn family and people where i would be compelled to step in

Nepal, Bhutan - our armies are practically one.

And given some more time and our consistently warming relations, maybe even Bangladesh in the future.

Though your definition is flawed.
A superpower is not based on allies but strength of economy and military of the country.

And no country in South Asia comes even close to matching India in Military power. Infact, all the countries in South Asia put together wont be able to match India in military power.

Ergo, we are by default the pre-eminent power of South Asia.

Using terms like superpower is for 18 year old kids or the not-yet-mature adults

Please stop including Bangladesh in this conversation, unlike nepal and bhutan we have nothing in common with india and indians. Your nation is just a neighbour nothing more.

This is what i said in theory we hate each other but their us no doubt we share conmon languages and culture etc

If someone attacked india we pakistanis would probably rejoice especially if it was a short and punishing war which degraded indias capabilities and reserves

But if it was a more in depth occupation and we saw indians who kind of look like us and talk like us, dress like us, eat like us

If we saw women being raped or women in dupatta, hijab, asian dress crying

Men in lungis, salwar kameez south asian dress being abused or pushed around

I honestly think pakistanis would react

I think if pakistanis are killing or hating indians its all good but with anyone else we will have a breaking point

To give a real ife example

I hate indians but if i saw some white dude abusing some indian mother in sari or indian kid, i would slap the white guy in the face

I would still hate indians but they would remind me of my iwn family and people where i would be compelled to step in

apart from IS , no country except India will indulge in such cruel acts against humanity. India has a high record of HR violation and oppression of minorities e.g Kashmir, Manipur , Nagaland , Tamilandu. These states will welcome their liberation from Indian Aryan hegemony .

******** are culturally /racially Pakistanis . hence your sentiment is understandable but it does not apply to NEasterns and Tamils living in Indian occupation. Any attack on India should be an attempt to liberate these oppressed people and their states

Accountability for these massacres by the Indian IPKF needs to be included to the Presidential Commission of Inquiry. If US says the Resolution is an expression of support then the international community must support Sri Lanka to ensure India does not obstruct investigations into crimes by India. This is the conditionality with which the COI should commence under a clearly articulated mandate. RAW head said to Rajiv Gandhi “Don’t worry about the LTTE, they are our boys, they will not fight us(IPKF)” – LTTE fought back because IPKF were killing and raping Tamils in North Sri Lanka while a former Maj. Gen. of the Indian army declares Indian soldiers killed over 20,000 Tamil civiliansin Northern Sri Lanka! IPKF prohibited the entry of international human rights organizations like Amnesty, ICRC from entering the North

Last edited:
I doubt it if any SAARC nation wants to be nuked by Pakistan while fighting for India... not even mighty Bangladesh.

By the way, did the world see earlier in the year Pakistan launching air strikes on Afghanistan? I wonders how many countries are capable of doing that in this day and age.

Back
Top Bottom