What's new

VOTE - Which SAARC state will fight for India?

Which SAARC state will fight for India?

• Nepal

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • Afghanistan

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Bangladesh

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Bhutan

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Maldives

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 51 58.6%

• Total voters
It is laughable to think 1.2 Billion people needs another country to protect themselves.

Gone are the days when India used to look for allies to counter enemies.

India is moving towards self sufficiency and within a decade India's military will be one of the finest if not the best in this world backed by booming economy.

India do not need to go out an look for allies, countries will join India and look forward to work with India.
Hi,
I would respectfully disagree. India needs allies not because of it's security concerns, India needs allies because it is India.

A country born out of Non-Violence, a democratic republic since it's inception, a country home to 1/6th of the people on the face of the planet needs all the known countries in the world to be it's allies, and with our government's track record we have had cordial relations with all countries known to be adversaries of one another. India and it's foreign policy is unmistakably one of the most remarkable ones in the world with excellent relations with KSA, Iran and Israel, relation with russia, ukraine, USA and UK with sizable tensions within them. Even good relations with palestine and Israel with thier known issues. from cuba to cape of good hope, from EU to africa, India has had good cordial relation with everyone. that is what India stands for.

India has had issues with pakistan, and yes both countries could have done better to resolve this issue. I don't want to dig into history, why situations couldn't be resolved. But the scale of timeline that we are viewing our situation is quite small, with future governments on both sides gaining better perspective, and prioritizing their foreign affairs issues, I remain hopeful that peace and trust in Indian subcontinent will prevail.

Hi,
I would respectfully disagree. India needs allies not because of it's security concerns, India needs allies because it is India.

A country born out of Non-Violence, a democratic republic since it's inception, a country home to 1/6th of the people on the face of the planet needs all the known countries in the world to be it's allies, and with our government's track record we have had cordial relations with all countries known to be adversaries of one another. India and it's foreign policy is unmistakably one of the most remarkable ones in the world with excellent relations with KSA, Iran and Israel, relation with russia, ukraine, USA and UK with sizable tensions within them. Even good relations with palestine and Israel with thier known issues. from cuba to cape of good hope, from EU to africa, India has had good cordial relation with everyone. that is what India stands for.

India has had issues with pakistan, and yes both countries could have done better to resolve this issue. I don't want to dig into history, why situations couldn't be resolved. But the scale of timeline that we are viewing our situation is quite small, with future governments on both sides gaining better perspective, and prioritizing their foreign affairs issues, I remain hopeful that peace and trust in Indian subcontinent will prevail.
Do you mind if I ask that which countries should be our allies?

Do you mind if I ask that which countries should be our allies?
all of them as allies in different tiers. Energy allies, defence partners, economic partners, trade and transit allies, technological and education partners. We need multi lateral ties with individual countries, and organisations from NAFTA to SCO. all of them .
Military partners and traditional partners will continue to have a a healthy relations with us, but I do not envisage fighting a war for someone, neither do I want some one else fighting wars for us. We are quite capable of protecting out own interests.

Ironically, Pakistanis smartly proposed jointly countering Chinese military threat. Nehru mockingly rejected it.
Nehru proposed a non aggression pact to Pakistan but Pakistan rejected it as they enjoyed military superiority in 60s,support of US and unresolved Kashmir dispute.

I always find you to be pessimistic about India. May be you are cautious. I have np with your views.

India was not born in 1947, India is a non violent country and a democracy that do not mean we are vulnerable, If any of the nations be it China or Pakistan try to mess with India or its strategic interests they will be taught a lesson in such a way that they will not forget for the Decades if not Centuries to come.

India is rising and India needs peace and stability, any interference or disturbance will be given a fitting reply.

No need to be afraid of anyone ..... India has allies and India continues its policy of non alignment.

Time to take charge and bring change !

Hi,

all of them as allies in different tiers. Energy allies, defence partners, economic partners, trade and transit allies, technological and education partners. We need multi lateral ties with individual countries, and organisations from NAFTA to SCO. all of them .
Military partners and traditional partners will continue to have a a healthy relations with us, but I do not envisage fighting a war for someone, neither do I want some one else fighting wars for us. We are quite capable of protecting out own interests.

Isnt we have protectorate agreement with Bhutan?

India falsely considers itself the South Asian super power, however one can't be a superpower unless it has allies which can be counted upon during war time.

Considering how India has bullied every single of its neighbors in South Asia it's hard to imagine if India can muster allies to fight Pakistan and China In a shooting war.

Have your say, which SAARC state will join India against Pakistan or/and China?
lolwa

which south asian country will fight for any other ? none.. :P

which country on the planet will fight for China ? or for Pakistan ? none either..

in case of an India/Pak war, and I'm hoping it never happens.. you will see exactly how quickly sweeter than honey goes to colder than ice. you lot do NOT want to get in a war with India ;)

fortunately or unfortunately, only NATO has a binding clause that will draw all their members into a military alliance vs a common enemy.

and the real question these days is, if Pakistan will spill it's blood for the despicable house of Saud's sectarian war of aggression on dirt poor Yemen.

Voted 'None of the above' as 'Pakistan" is not in the list

in case of an India/Pak war, and I'm hoping it never happens.. you will see exactly how quickly sweeter than honey goes to colder than ice. you lot do NOT want to get in a war with India ;)

You infidel, how you dare you insult a friend whos friendship is deeper than Pacific, higher than himalaya, sweeter than honey and whiter than milk.
gun-smiley-face.gif

Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Srilanka already did.
@Horus
Why is Pakistan not in the list ? Who gives you the right to decide it for rest of the Pakistanis ?

I always find you to be pessimistic about India. May be you are cautious. I have np with your views.

India was not born in 1947, India is a non violent country and a democracy that do not mean we are vulnerable, If any of the nations be it China or Pakistan try to mess with India or its strategic interests they will be taught a lesson in such a way that they will not forget for the Decades if not Centuries to come.

India is rising and India needs peace and stability, any interference or disturbance will be given a fitting reply.

No need to be afraid of anyone ..... India has allies and India continues its policy of non alignment.

Time to take charge and bring change !
Hi,

(That's the first time I have heard someone saying I am pessimistic about India and it is very interesting fact you have pointed out. I will have to revisit that in my own time - thanks for that.)

I do realize what you are saying about 47, I share your views, but my comment was limited to policy matters of republic of India.

If any nation wan't to mess with Republic of India, have no doubts, the repercussions will be far from what they can comprehend.

Policy of non alignment w.r.t to security of India was always compartmentalized with it's political view. Since independence, IA was rolling in British french and Soviet tanks, IN was flying off a british carrier fitted with Soviet Ack Ack and Soviet missile boats. IAF at the time was flying American, Soviet french and bristish aircrafts. So when it comes to defence of India, we are allied with who ever we can. Politically we will put our interests before any blocks.

Today its not about alignment, it's all about India's interest's as it has been all along. you can call it Non -alignment, Offensive defense, inclusive economic co-operation, all of them are different leaves of the same plant.

Isnt we have protectorate agreement with Bhutan?
Yes we do IMTRAAT, is stationed in bhutan, and make no mistakes, Imtraat doesn't just build roads
Protection of bhutan is in our interest.

Yes we do IMTRAAT is stationed in bhutan, and make no mistakes, Imtraat doesn't just build roads

Accepted, but in a case of Chinese invasion, on which China claim as its on territory in Bhutan. What would be India's reaction? Did India launch full op against China in Bhutan ? Because we have treaty with Bhutan and we have to abide with it. Or we just sit back.

On the other note, Nepal too is in political decimation, lets say we see some coup and Maoist totally thrown out of power. And China invade Nepal, in this situation we send forces to protect Nepal?

These are interesting scenarios, and worth for thinking.

You infidel, how you dare you insult a friend whos friendship is deeper than Pacific, higher than himalaya, sweeter than honey and whiter than milk.
gun-smiley-face.gif
but Indo/Pak war will make it smellier than shit :lol:

they are just a macchar when you compare our clout on global/regional matters, har taraf se marange if they get too adventurous, forum muppets here might not be aware Raheel and Noora know full well the reality :coffee:

Back
Top Bottom