What's new

Vishwaroopam ban: will leave India for a 'secular' land, says Kamal Haasan

Brahmins in Tamil Nadu brace yourself
His next movie will be opposed by his own community. His dream project Marudanayagam, based on ture story it talks about how a low caste dalit coverts to Islam and fights high caste leading to Indias first sepoy mutiny. I suggest Kamal to make this flim hollywood or something...lol
Its never going to get into theaters for sure

Wrong. Till early 20th century Tamil's used their surnames. Any family with a proud history will use their surname for recognition. In India, since the surname also denote caste, the higher caste always use it.

..I dont understand what you are trying to say. Are you telling me that Taluk office issues surnames to people ?

i m saying when u try to get the birth certificate, they ll refuse if u put iyer/iyengar behind.

GOI did good job banning Vishwapapadopoo...

It would have caused anger to Muslim sentiments

As i live in Tamil Nadu i will summarize series of things happened in this matter. First one should keep in mind that Jayalaitha is adamant person when someone denies or shows not enough she will drag them to hell and I'm anti-congress but still i like Kamal for his crystal thoughts and books written by him.

Kamals throws statment in favor of P.Chidamabram as PM candidate as he wants a Tamil PM
1. Kamal wants to release movie in DTH - theater owners protest against Kamal
2. Kamal seeks Jaya help and in some way convince Jaya to give DTH rights to Jaya TV
3. Jaya clears the matter but DTH rights goes to Star groups with higher bid than Jaya TV.
4. Kamal tries to meet Jaya for last 1 month but she took vacation on her estate.
5. Kamal gets busy in premiers.

Now Jaya waits to show her very nature of her character and some muslim groups report which she uses for 2 in 1 purpose for Vote bank and Kamal's revenge.

Kamal is true human and yes he is rationalist. He makes fun of Muslims and Hindus in same way. Keep your religious belief aside and read his books and poem, read his journey truly inspiring. His thoughts are beyond any Indian can understand. Now Jaya's revenge is over and Muslim groups used as scrape goat. she got her minority vote bank. True Politics

I truly recommend everyone here to watch "Hey Ram" by Kamal and notice how Kamal-ShaRukh characters travel.
"Hey Ram" is based on Gandhi's assassination by godse.

Domt over rate Kamal Hassan and his books are just average marxist idealism bullshit,

there is no depth or anything,he is just like just another verbose marxist.

dont say things like beyond every indian and all,there are many directors who portrayed emotions with more depth in Tamil,forget about other languages or hindi.

Kamal doesn't make fun of anybody else apart from hindus and especially brahmins?

he shows his face and voice in every issue but not only on the surface and never in depth.

he kisses mu ka's *** like everyone else.

he is just another smart businessman who sells his image of an intellectual to naive fools all the time.

Brahmins in Tamil Nadu brace yourself
His next movie will be opposed by his own community. His dream project Marudanayagam, based on ture story it talks about how a low caste dalit coverts to Islam and fights high caste leading to Indias first sepoy mutiny. I suggest Kamal to make this flim hollywood or something...lol
Its never going to get into theaters for sure

u read properly,

marudhanayagam was a pillaimar from ramnad.

i have no opinions about him,he just seems to be just another soldier.

i also dont see how this involves caste,

Upper caste people of TN,the very best of them have already left TN and thats why u have half baked ones left to rule the state in a space of legendary intellectual and administrative vaccum, people like kamal/mani ratnam are just feeding of the doi boti/chaar roti thrown forward by these half baked ones.

I'm a Muslim Indian and I'm with Kamal Haasan

New Delhi: I have not yet seen Kamal Haasan's Vishwaroopam. I was waiting for its release since the promos went on air. Simply because I like Haasan films. They generally make a political statement. Today, I am all the more eager to watch the movie after the unfortunate controversy and bad publicity over the last week.

I feel sorry for Kamal Haasan. He's a great entertainer and by all accounts a good human being. He simply doesn't deserve to be in all this mess. I am angry that some fringe groups have got the film banned in the name of Muslims of India. In my name. And why should the Tamil Nadu government's insistence on banning the film gives legitimacy to these handful of people as the real voice of the Muslims of India. It's sad.

The Tamil Nadu Muslim Munnetra Kazagham (TMMK) President, M.H. Jawahirulla, who watched a special screening of Vishwaroopam, declared that the film is anti-Muslims. No, he actually said it's anti-Tamil Muslims and also anti-Indian Muslims. His logic: the one-eyed villian in the movie, modelled on Taliban chief Mullah Omar, speaks Tamil. What other language is a character in a Tamil film supposed to speak? And what's wrong with showing a terrorist who owes allegiance to Islam in a film on international terrorism?
Don't the Taliban or their comrades in arms in our neighbouring country do all sorts of crazy things in the name of Islam? Of course, the same can be true of people of any other faith. Also, why object to a Muslim agent, played by Haasan, saving USA? Is a good Muslim only supposed to save Muslims? And going by Haasan's illustrious track record, there is no reason to believe that he ventured on a "malign Muslims" project by choosing to locate the story in Afghanistan.

I would rather believe him when he says his film is not anti-Muslim, than Mr Jawahirulla.

It will be in order to mention that the TMMK is an ally of Jaya's AIADMK. But never mind. Even if, all considered, I did take the TMMK chief's word for it - who has given him the right to decide for me? It's for every one of us, the movie-goers, to see the film and decide for ourselves if it is a good film or a bad film. Well, many people hate so many films. If Vishwaroopam fails to impress the people or rubs one section of people the wrong way, so be it. But let it have its life at the box office.

And that's what Kamal Haasan is fighting for. To get his film released. To recover the money spent. To make profits for all those who put their money on him. And that's why he is today ready to cut scenes, apologise, take it all with a smile. Because he is a weak man today. Many may argue that Haasan is giving in to the pressure, but sitting on a 95-crore film, he cannot afford to play an idealist, a crusader.

As for those who believe the film is anti-Muslim, please don't watch it. In any case, as any mullah would tell you, a true Muslim is not supposed to watch films. Films are bad, they are made by bad people for bad people. They can stay home and pray that the film tanks!

I hope the Supreme Court comes to Kamal Haasan's rescue. He certainly doesn't deserve this.

Dear Kamal Haasan, I am a Muslim Indian and I am with you.

Blog: I'm a Muslim Indian and I'm with Kamal Haasan | NDTV.com

u read properly,
Upper caste people of TN,the very best of them have already left TN and thats why u have half baked ones left to rule the state in a space of legendary intellectual and administrative vaccum, people like kamal/mani ratnam are just feeding of the doi boti/chaar roti thrown forward by these half baked ones.

Exactly. Marudhanayagam himself was upper caste. :lol: If anything its about a hindu getting converted to Islam.

What has caste to do with this? and what does tamil brahmins got to do with this?

In any case no 'intellectual' is irreplaceable. If they move out someone else will take their place. Caste has nothing to do with this either.

As for those who believe the film is anti-Muslim, please don't watch it. In any case, as any mullah would tell you, a true Muslim is not supposed to watch films. Films are bad, they are made by bad people for bad people. They can stay home and pray that the film tanks!

Superb!!:tup::tup:

u read properly,

ok, according to wikipedia, his community is upper caste or rather upper shudras who were locally dominant land owner and ruler class or something like that. But youtube trailer of the films talks about untouchables etc. I don't understand what is going on. is there any authentic source of the story?

Edit: there are two versions of same trailer. In one trailer there is nothing about Islam. But in another version, someone has added, 'and he found new religion, Islam, peace blah blah'. But it seems second trailer has been edited by someone and inserted scenes from other movie (and some frames with woman's boobs).

Isn't it interesting that the state ruled by half baked ones, and with legendary intellectual and administrative vaccum is one of India's most prosperous states with 80% literacy?

ok, according to wikipedia, his community is upper caste or rather upper shudras who were locally dominant land owner and ruler class or something like that. But youtube trailer of the films talks about untouchables etc. I don't understand what is going on. is there any authentic source of the story?

Upper class shudra :lol: ...do they get reservation ?

I don't know. Shudra/OBC is very heterogeneous and confusing group. In Wikipedia someone has written .

Now you are just doing gymnastics to feed your propaganda. The earlier post was about pillaimar who are upper caste.

You you have stared a new upper shudra nonsense about Vellalars who claim to be Yadavs. I have no idea if vellalars have OBC status, if you know that for a fact then tell us, else stop obfuscating the issue.

WHat do these superior "upper" class people who left tamil nadu look like ? they have a extra pair of ***hole to **** on ?

Back
Top Bottom