What's new

Violence in Karachi

Karachi should be handed over to Army for atlest one month and a full scale operation against the militants irrespective of their sect, politcial background or ethinicity, should be carried out and city should be cleaned from illegal weapons..

This was experimented in past never worked out , army cant interfere in civil affair might resolve things temporarily but later this will only worsen the situation ...

I saw two gangs in above posts - Sohrab Goth and Lyari.

Can any Karachiite show more details on these two .?

PPP, MQM and ANP all have their gangs.

Lyari is a PPP stronghold. When BB was killed in 2008, this area saw a lot gun firing and violence. I was returning home and had to take an alternate route because tires were burning with incidents of ariel firing.

Sohrab Goth is another infamous area. People generally keep out of this area if they want to stay out of trouble. Many cars robbed in Karachi end up there to be shipped away or pawned.

My home is in North Nazimabad, which is just north of Nazimabad - an MQM stronghold. We had a tough time in the 90s as there were repeated incidents of firing on the main roads and some of the bullets even hit people's homes. There were also many robberies in our area most likely by different MQM factions for the purpose of funding gang wars. Recently, in my home area, I once walked past a local MQM office at night. I was a bit terrified as there were some sinister looking people hanging outside - distinguished by their gangster type outfit - dark sunglasses, torn jeans and heavy necklace chains.

I just hope these guys stop fighting amongst themselves, because these are the only parties who have a center left agenda that can make Pak successful.

Last edited:
Gunmen asked the civilians and shopkeepers what their names were. The gunmen asked the balochi and pashtuns to run away but killed the urdu speakers.

I don't know why those people in Karachi have to be such hooligans and shoot eachother all the Goddam time

it isn't an ethnic problem; it's ****** politics that drags ethnic component into it. Karachi today is like Chicago of 1930s.

Most unfortunate!

i think the traffic congestion and lack of moisture has fried some people's brains there......hooliganism and nothing else. The police there are about as useful as breasts on a nun

Massive scale operation needs to be done in Lyari on ANP and PPP.

ANP, PPP and MQM activists all need to be thrashed and forced to sit in a table......no food, no daylight, no water and little oxygen for them until they get their acts together

Rangers should be authorized to shoot on site --any display of any weapon should be met with iron first

Why doesnt one hear about a LEO crackdown. The situation certainly warrants it. Are these elements more powerful than the police in Karachi or is police helpless due to the political angles. ?

fair enough .. all have their gun crew .. no surviving without that .. but one has to understand who is the agreessor and who is defending ? MQM has monopoly in karachi they have no competition in karachi ... PPP (gets sindhi and baluchi vote from Liyari and ANP from sohrab goth and banaras " mostly populated by pushtoons , taliban and afghans... )

It doesnt take a genius to work out who and why some one needs to use a race card as this is their only survival technique !!!! MQM doesnt need that they are solely defending against criminal factors like taliban , alqaida , drug lords , street thugs , docaits, robbers , landlmafia , drug mafia , corrupt to their bones officials from police and other law enforcement agencies ETC ETC ETC

Its easy to understand that karachi serves as a revenue engine for talibanis and al qaida , the last heaven for them is karachi and they will nuetrlise all threats one way or another

This pathetic ideology create most of the problems in karachi, where ANP thinks as MQM is killing pashtoons, burning their buses, and so o on, so they need to protect... PPP is worried about Sindhi, and their strength, same MQM worried about Mahjirs, and so o on... Just to remind you, MQM is the one who 1st pick the weapons to Defend their Mahajirs for their rights.

Where the hell are Law enforcement agencies, obviously they can't perform their role , because of stupid behavior from these ruling Parties. So called defending themself.. And Law enforcement agencies will remain corrupt because the rulers themselfs try to handle the required JOB.

Edit: Criminals want to take control of this city

Currently 55 people has been killed, right?Communal violence are deadlier than terrorist attacks..its like a uncontrolled raging fire..In order to maintain the law and order i THINK the Party leaders should also be put in action to calm down people..:)

Nothing will come out of this operation except temporary respite from violence. Wake me up when they start catching real culprits behind all this who are political big wigs.
Do you think these terrorists do this without any backing? All have links in political parties MQM, ANP and PPP.
So unless they start catching those...this is just "khaya pia kuch nahi glass tora bara anay"

This pathetic ideology create most of the problems in karachi, where ANP thinks as MQM is killing pashtoons, burning their buses, and so o on, so they need to protect... PPP is worried about Sindhi, and their strength, same MQM worried about Mahjirs, and so o on... Just to remind you, MQM is the one who 1st pick the weapons to Defend their Mahajirs for their rights.

Where the hell are Law enforcement agencies, obviously they can't perform their role , because of stupid behavior from these ruling Parties. So called defending themself.. And Law enforcement agencies will remain corrupt because the rulers themselfs try to handle the required JOB.

Edit: Criminals want to take control of this city

ok you have a point we can bash all the parties but question is why would they be foolish to go on a murder rampage , may be its al qaeda or taliban miscreants trying to create kios as the city is their black economy's revenue engine also its the only safe heaven (not pointed out by international media yet)

There is definatly a third element involve here i think all parties should take a step back and have an open mind rather than blaming others .. the always tensed atmosphere in karachi is easy for 3rd elements to take advantage.

The law enforcement isnt any good and more importantly there is a lot of political pressure .

Last edited:
ok you have a point we can bash all the parties but question is why would they be foolish to go on a murder rampage , may be its al qaeda or taliban miscreants trying to create kios as the city is their black economy's revenue engine also its the only safe heaven (not pointed out by international media yet)

There is definatly a third element involve here i think all parties should take a step back and have an open mind rather than blaming others .. the always tensed atmosphere in karachi is easy for 3rd elements to take advantage.

The law enforcement isnt any good and more importantly there is a lot of political pressure .

unless there is a race of control, this things remain like they are now. Definitely there is a third element, but how you gonna distinguish between right or wrong? Political Rulers carrying gangs, who can burn whole city within minutes if something happens any where around the globe. May be 3rd element tourch one mini buss of pashtoons, and they start reacting, may be, some MQM person is punished by this 3rd element, may be something happened in lairi by that 3rd element. But the reaction will remain same because, Political rulers carrying gangs to control their area or to control karachi.

The only solution i see is, to make karachi weapon free, politics free zone. Only Army, or some other neutral element have a control i.e. there is no chance of change. Then only karachi can be peaceful, and that 3rd element can be identified.

Back
Top Bottom