What's new

Violence in Karachi

looks like Karachi is reaping the rewards of NRO democracy , the most . If Army launches action against PPP, MOM or ANP each will cry innocense ... Where is law , where is governance ...oh i see Zardari's democracy took revenge from it .

Fracker;1216668]unless there is a race of control, this things remain like they are now. Definitely there is a third element, but how you gonna distinguish between right or wrong? Political Rulers carrying gangs, who can burn whole city within minutes if something happens any where around the globe. May be 3rd element tourch one mini buss of pashtoons, and they start reacting, may be, some MQM person is punished by this 3rd element, may be something happened in lairi by that 3rd element. But the reaction will remain same because, Political rulers carrying gangs to control their area or to control karachi.

No way of distinguishing btw , an incident happens and every one goes bezerk , so much blood and mis haps have hapened that it makes one wonder if there ever be peace again. Karachi is a bustling megapolis of 20 milion people only state agencies or police can investigate but corrupption has killed it ! even if police by luck catches or make an effort to catch a criminal than we have corrupt judges .. Every knows there is no law or justice this is when people take the matters in their own hand

The only solution i see is, to make karachi weapon free, politics free zone. Only Army, or some other neutral element have a control i.e. there is no chance of change. Then only karachi can be peaceful, and that 3rd element can be identified.

which army the same whose skiled warriors has brought the country to this stage today the same who secure the borders where weopons and drugs are coming from ? they are no good either i am afraid to say

Amazing how whenever PPP controls Karachi, there's always violence. When MQM controlled Karachi there was never this kind violence but instead only developments happening. It's a fact that these killings are done by the thugs in Lyari (PPP controlled area) still no operation in that area.

Amazing how whenever PPP controls Karachi, there's always violence. When MQM controlled Karachi there was never this kind violence but instead only developments happening. It's a fact that these killings are done by the thugs in Lyari (PPP controlled area) still no operation in that area.

Actually that is point towards something else. MQM don't want to remain out of power. But i don't remember when MQM was out of power? 1993 PPP wins MQM was their allies. 1996 PML-N wins, MQM was their allies, 2002 MQM were allies in government. And now again they are allies.

What development happened in karachi was because of Nazim's nothing has been done by f*****n political parties. whether it is MQM, ANP or PPP. They all want to control the city and their areas.

No way of distinguishing btw , an incident happens and every one goes bezerk , so much blood and mis haps have hapened that it makes one wonder if there ever be peace again. Karachi is a bustling megapolis of 20 milion people only state agencies or police can investigate but corrupption has killed it ! even if police by luck catches or make an effort to catch a criminal than we have corrupt judges .. Every knows there is no law or justice this is when people take the matters in their own hand

You don't trust, law enforcement agencies (police, rangers, other agencies), don't trust those who deploy/place the law (justice), don't trust the protectors of Law (Army). and want to take Law into your own hand.

What exactly you call yourself? I call them criminals!!

KARACHI: Deputy Convener MQM Coordination Committee, Dr Farooq Sattar has urged the government to unmask and arrest Shershah market attackers, describing the massacre as pre-planned, ARY NEWS reports. Addressing a news conference here, the MQM leaders said it seemed Shershah market shootout was a planned attack as assailants fearlessly continued their action for more than 10 minutes. He said their easy escape from the scene also raises questions. “Why they managed to flee… they even had conducted a survey of the market to point out their targets.” MQM chief Altaf Hussain has directed party activists to demonstrate patience and tolerance, he said. “MQM wants peace at all cost and we will continue our effort till the peace is restored.” He claimed that the Shershah market attackers were identified by those injured in the incident, urging the authorities to arrest the culprits. “The criminals have been identified by the injured. It’s now responsibility of government to take action against the offenders.” Sattar claimed that conspiracies were being hatched to trigger ethnic and sectarian strife in the city.
By: Ary News

Actually that is point towards something else. MQM don't want to remain out of power. But i don't remember when MQM was out of power? 1993 PPP wins MQM was their allies. 1996 PML-N wins, MQM was their allies, 2002 MQM were allies in government. And now again they are allies.

What development happened in karachi was because of Nazim's nothing has been done by f*****n political parties. whether it is MQM, ANP or PPP. They all want to control the city and their areas.

You don't trust, law enforcement agencies (police, rangers, other agencies), don't trust those who deploy/place the law (justice), don't trust the protectors of Law (Army). and want to take Law into your own hand.

Respected Sir,

You are not native to Karachi, thus I am afraid your informations are not correct.

MQM as party not only developed Karachi, but also exemplary development was done in Hyderabad too.

Before that, once Farooq Sattar also became mayor of Karachi for short period and during that time too Karachi saw a lot of development.

MQM got only 1 Ministry of Shipment. Babur Ghori is minister. Before him it was in great loss, but since he has taken the job, it is going in benefit (i.e. since Musharraf era till today).

MQM has been with Governments right from 1989, but despite that there is NO official Corruption Charges against MQM in any courts.

What else could be demanded from a Party as far as "Development" is concerned and staying "Free of Corruption" is concerned?

@Mehwish
MQM has done a lot too Karachi n in my area too i am thankful too him n i still miss Mustafa Kamal the day he went street lights went off in my area !
But then you can't leave aside these killings in these 3 yrs of PPP led rule which is no doubt has sucked !
A very good article written by Nadeem F Paracha on Dawn
The Dawn Blog Blog Archive A changed political landscape
take a look @ it !

Its not that only in PPP rule there's violence !
PML N rule also saw that ! Only Musharraf's rule didn't saw much of these killings !
Easy to say PPP's doing it ! :whistle:
The fact is that everyone's loving to be in Govt. n does not want to take actions against these criminals !

Just because a party has given a little to a local population does not mean it is good for all... MQM is a nationalist movement where no such nationality exists... We need to get out of supporting these parties just because they did a little good for some cities... Its the same with fanatic support of Nawaz Sharif in areas like Lahore etc...

These political parties have done next to nothing for Pakistan considering the resources and power they had in their hands...

Cmon i dont know about violence but if i am asked to select a party that as done most development atleast to their vote bank areas. Its MQM hands down.

Sometimes you got to choose lesser of the evil.

definitely can't deny that there are extremist elements in Karachi and other areas; something needs to be done about them --- that should be state's job, not militias and gang-members armed with assault rifles taking law into their own hands

vigilante justice has got to stop; the target killings are bad for business, and bad for unity

a lot of it is limited to ''trouble spots'' like Orangi town, Lyari and all those places

Its experienced over the years by khietes , MQM didnt emerge right after the independence in 47 it started in early eighties after "35years" , all had their chances not 1 or 2 many tries all failed and made a mess .. look around pakistan whats happening . Its simple mqm wont let these fundo crooks fight their war in karachi or preach their stupidity ,they wont let them settle here NOW if the law enforcement is not serious about taking stern measures , than it gives us the right to protect ourselves ... you call it criminal so be it !!

P.S: what would do you if you were in our shoes ??

definitely can't deny that there are extremist elements in Karachi and other areas; something needs to be done about them --- that should be state's job, not militias and gang-members armed with assault rifles taking law into their own hands

vigilante justice has got to stop; the target killings are bad for business, and bad for unity

a lot of it is limited to ''trouble spots'' like Orangi town, Lyari and all those places

The trouble spots in Orangi town are mainly confined to the hills. Some unruly elements live on top of those hills illegally and have even installed powerful water pumps to supply water to their shacks up there. Whenever the situation goes crazy in Karachi, they start firing down to the neighborhoods of Orangi Town and North Nazimabad randomly.

Add al-asif, al-azam, sorabhgoth to that list too. That area is like a mini Kabul and literally a no-go area. The police are afraid to go in the afghan slum that's in the adjoining area too.

L1035066.jpg | Alixandra Fazzina

L1034138.jpg | Alixandra Fazzina

L1034043.jpg | Alixandra Fazzina

L1034622.jpg | Alixandra Fazzina

L1034663.jpg | Alixandra Fazzina

ALL buildings there are illegal and squatted upon by certain unruly elements (trying to be politically correct here ;)).

These areas seriously need to be cleaned up. I don't know why there hasn't been any huge operation in that area. The last time (2007-2008) there was a small operation in that area, many taliban members were caught and arrested:

alasif.jpg

There are all sorts of thugs and gangs operating in Karachi which are linked with political parties. The mainstream poltical parties are not as innocent as they pretend to be. The three parties MQM , ANP and PPP all are involved in violent activities.

MQM and ANP are both parties based on ethnicty both cliam to be 'secular and progressive' yet but both are involved violence in the city.

ANP's Shahi Syed , on the record has passed many inflamatory remarks against urdu-speaking people and so did Mustafa Kamal ( when he was in office ) pass inflamatory remarks against pashtu-speaking people.

Back
Top Bottom