What's new

Villages across China

Its good to see that they're at least streamlining development to the rural areas of the country. And the fact that government does not subsidize housing means that the villagers in rural China must have a considerable amount of capital to finance such construction / plans. Puts a new appraisal on the wealth engine by rural Chinese folks. As for folks wanting to get a european style house -- that's great, i guess its a form of bringing in foreign style to the local setting. For me, i personally don't like the modern western style housing look. I own my own house here in New Jersey -- and i wish that i could have developed my own house and build it traditional Japanese style. Tho i don't think it would have gone well with the building code in my town.

For me, i would have preferred if i could have built my house in traditional Japanese building plan like this,

Japanese-Home-Floor-Plans-Designs.jpg

endearing-architecture-design-traditional-combined-modern-japanese-style-japanese-style-house-618x347.jpg
My grandma in village and I have been there.
Some relatives live there and I can tell u they are not poor as an ordinary Japanese think._( :зゝ∠)_
And what u post remind me of the house of 稻盛和夫.
I also want to build a traditional building but it will cost least 10,000,000 yuan in urban area.
Suburb is okay,Wuhan 300m^2 less than 1,000,000yuan,2 years enough.
*I think my grandma has all that Japanese urban family have,according to Japanese animation :p

Some relatives live there and I can tell u they are not poor as an ordinary Japanese think._( :зゝ∠)_
I also want to build a traditional building but it will cost least 10,000,000 yuan in urban area.
That's cheap.
My small 100m2 apartment in downtown Wuhan can buy several houses in suburb.
Let me grow older, I may consider a change.:-)

@Syed.Ali.Haider as someone who has probably seen both rich and poor...look at this pic (and some others from the first few pages) and tell me what is wrong with the windows and why this is NOT pointing to a "rich" society.

Good point. Not just the windows, but many other indications are there too, but only for those capable of appreciating them. Some may not want to see by choice, and for some, even these houses may represent a huge step up in living standards. It is all relative, of course. :D

That's cheap.
Of course :hitwall:,140m^2 in urban area → 500m^2+ Suburb
My physics teacher has 3 apartments(total around 400m^2)in Wuhan,I think he can buy a very very big house.He will come here tomorrow:coffee:

Correct! Bars on windows are seen in poor areas. It's shocking that pics like that were posted. I'm sure better ones could have been found. What's worse is they could not see the issue.

Its a culture in China or in the East Asia like that, Peter. There is a culture of 'Wall' or 'Barrier' for every community or home; in Japanese we refer to this as Hairiguchi, Irikuchi, in Sapporo we refer to it as Kado.

It forms the periphery of the external facade of any home, in the traditional sense. There is a religio-sociocultural reason for this and in the Shinto belief, the Kado or the Hairiguchi is guarded by the ancestral spirits and help ward off the evil or unseen evil spirits 'oni' that usually follow others , strangers. I suppose the Chinese have the same concept.

Let me illustrate the Kado or Hairiguchi in Japanese home settings:

Birmingham_Botanical_Gardens_-_Japanese_Garden_Taylor_Gate.jpg

japanese-style-gate-2002558-o.jpg

%E5%8C%97%E6%A1%94%E6%A9%8B%E9%96%80.jpg

traditional-roof-and-garden.jpg

--------------

Some homes also house what we Japanese call as Hokora, which is a spirit house. It houses the spirits or what we refer to as Kami, and help to ward off evil spirits known as oni , and generally help keep the house and environment aesthetically and spiritually clean.

This is a Hokora,

4028338.jpg

washimiya-inari-shrine-01.jpg

Hokora-DSC2202.jpg

hair+shrine+hokora.jpg

@Peter C @Chinese Bamboo @AndrewJin --- yea, we Japanese are very superstitious, lol.

*I think my grandma has all that Japanese urban family have,according to Japanese animation :p

I totally understand the rural setting. My grandfather and grandmother grew up in rural village, and i spent many of my summers and winter breaks with them. :)

Personally, i LOVE the village life, i prefer living in village and rural area (farm) and away from the city.

I grew up in rural Hokkaido , which is northern northern Japan. So am not at all a city boy and rarely ever spent time in large cities like Tokyo.

So i totally understand.

That's cheap.

You'r just a city boy. lol.

Its a culture in China or in the East Asia like that, Peter. There is a culture of 'Wall' or 'Barrier' for every community or home; in Japanese we refer to this as Hairiguchi, Irikuchi, in Sapporo we refer to it as Kado.

It forms the periphery of the external facade of any home, in the traditional sense. There is a religio-sociocultural reason for this and in the Shinto belief, the Kado or the Hairiguchi is guarded by the ancestral spirits and help ward off the evil or unseen evil spirits 'oni' that usually follow others , strangers. I suppose the Chinese have the same concept.

Let me illustrate the Kado or Hairiguchi in Japanese home settings:

Birmingham_Botanical_Gardens_-_Japanese_Garden_Taylor_Gate.jpg

japanese-style-gate-2002558-o.jpg

%E5%8C%97%E6%A1%94%E6%A9%8B%E9%96%80.jpg

traditional-roof-and-garden.jpg

--------------

Some homes also house what we Japanese call as Hokora, which is a spirit house. It houses the spirits or what we refer to as Kami, and help to ward off evil spirits known as oni , and generally help keep the house and environment aesthetically and spiritually clean.

This is a Hokora,

4028338.jpg

washimiya-inari-shrine-01.jpg

Hokora-DSC2202.jpg

hair+shrine+hokora.jpg

@Peter C @Chinese Bamboo @AndrewJin --- yea, we Japanese are very superstitious, lol.

I totally understand the rural setting. My grandfather and grandmother grew up in rural village, and i spent many of my summers and winter breaks with them. :)

Personally, i LOVE the village life, i prefer living in village and rural area (farm) and away from the city.

I grew up in rural Hokkaido , which is northern northern Japan. So am not at all a city boy and rarely ever spent time in large cities like Tokyo.

So i totally understand.

You'r just a city boy. lol.
China also has this kind of things...Oh!!
But they are usually red.:D(only in villages)
Wuhan has some building for taoist,they are very beautiful.

China also has this kind of things...Oh!!
But they are usually red.:D(only in villages)
Wuhan has some building for taoist,they are very beautiful.

Yes, I think we got it from you guys, lol.

#culturalinfluence
#tanginfluence
#culturalimperialism

ha ha ha!

Hey people put walls and fences around here too...but bars on windows...:o:

Hey people put walls and fences around here too...but bars on windows...:o:
Enough is enough.
I have bars on my windows too, nothing to do with me being rich or poor.
U really have some problem with yourself.
China is not US of A.
I think you spend too much time in Far East section.

Tonight the group talk about villages :p:
New photos are sent to me
View attachment 256156 View attachment 256158 View attachment 256159
Where is this village?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom