What's new

Vietnamese conquest of Muslim/Hindu Cham and their current situation

watch the invasion of Vietnam to Kampuchea everyone! notice there are many comments of Vietnamese as they always do, just simply ignore those. read comments of Khmer people

Cambodia: VIETNAM INVASION OF KAMPUCHEA (1of5) [EN] - YouTube

Cambodia people know it, and also China backed Polpot to kill milions of innocent Camboian.

800px-Cambodia%E2%80%93Vietnam_Friendship_Monument.jpg

Vietnam-Cambodia friendship monument in Phnompenh.

Actually Latino speak Hispanic Spanish (Espanol Hispanico) which is a variation of Continental Spanish. Even Continental Spanish have 4 different subgroup...You have Castellan, Catalan and I forgot about the rest....

I know because I am half latino and Hablo Espanol :) when I speak to a Spaniard, he will know I am from South America instead of Continental Spain, we can understand each other as the word and pronunciation are the same, sentence structure is different

is this similar to Indian English or Singlish (Singaporean speak English) ?

Thanks for the picture and description - Never realized the significance of this monument but was playing football with a Cambodian kid in this location. :lol:

Did you don't realized the significance of that monument or you don't realized that's Vietnam-Cambodia friendship monument !? :cuckoo:

Did you don't realized the significance of that monument or you don't realized that's Vietnam-Cambodia friendship monument !? :cuckoo:

I knew the history of Pol pot and how Vietnam got rid of him in 1979 but did not realize it was a Vietnam-Cambodia friendship monument. When you see 3 countries in 15 days(Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand), you lose sight of some of the monuments.

is this similar to Indian English or Singlish (Singaporean speak English) ?

lol no.......

Singlish or Chinglish is a variation by virtual, meaning people degraded the quality of language and combine them with local languages (In Singlish case, Malay, Chinese and Local dialect) they are basically a form of Colloquial languages that will only be understandable if you are from the same places.

There are some common on both Singlish and Chinglish or even English but they are not to be understandbale once you were out of that culture. For example, in Chinglish/Singlish, they use the word "Mah" - come from the Chinese Word "嘛" by itself it have no meaning, but when you are speaking with a Chinese or Singaporean with Chinese background, he would understand

Like "You should get this one mah" literally translate to "you should have get this one"

Hispanic Spanish is a bit different, although they are stemming from years of slavery and colonialism and have been morphed that way. For instant Hispanic Spanish eliminate the tense "tú, vosotros", which is the 2nd person pronoun from Spanish grammar. Instead they will use "usted, ustedes" as part of "You and You all". And will refer You to as Third Person (same as He/She and Them) The reason behind this was because the pronoun "you" is too informal and you cannot address each other with you, hence they literally bump out the 2nd person (both Singular and Plural) and address them as third person pronoun.

For example;

tú eres una chica bonita (You are a beautiful girl) - Continental Spanish
usted es una chica bonita (You are a beactiful girl) - Hispanic Spanish

Both would have been understandable for any Spanish speaker, but when using the second one, you ID yourselves as Hispanic origin. Cause the Continental will not say like that.

SO, I would say they are different than Singlish or Indian English or any derivative from standard English, they are another form, a morph if you would like.

SOURCE? No random internet comments.

There were people called "Injuns" aka Native Americans all over the United States. Are all White Americans "Injuns" now?

Dr. Sun started and then Chiang completed the unification of China starting from Guangdong in the Northern Expedition.

Northern Expedition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dr. Sun is Hakka 客家, guest people. Hakka's origins may also be linked with the Han's ancient neighbors, the Dongyi and Xiongnu people. The Hakka arrived to Canton and other provinces of China from where is today's central China under impression of Han people, they don't have their own land in China but they preserved their own identities as well. In the past, there was conflicts between Canton pandi 本地 (Nan Yue) people and Hakka (new comers) in Canton.

Mr. Li Guang Jieu is also Hakka, he is not puppet of China now.

Mixed blood Latin American (with darker skin) speak today Spanish, they can say that they are people from the country where they live. If they say that they are Spanish, other people think: they are not true Spanish in native.

You are called by Han People as Nan Man, including Four Yi (南蠻, 北狄, 東夷, 西戎) related to people No-Han nearby them only.

You must not do that. Our Emperor Nguyen Gia Long who is came from Southern Vietnam, he did it in the past.

南蠻 is not even an "offensive" noun in some point:

[我蠻夷也,不與中國之號諡]

They are even pretty proud of it.

南蠻 is not even an "offensive" noun in some point:

[我蠻夷也,不與中國之號諡]

They are even pretty proud of it.

Vietnam keeps dreaming of taking over Guangdong and Guangxi and they think they are all their brothers LOL, they don't know that its never northern armies of Mandarin speakers who fight Vietnam. In almost every single war with Vietnam its soldiers from Guangdong and Guangxi who fought Vietnam. Only time they fought northern peoples whenthe northern Chinese Zhao Tuo and his Northern Chinese soldiers founded Nanyue and smashed the Vietnamese Au Lac state, when the Mongols sent Mongols to fight along southern Chinese against Vietnam, and when some Manchu bannermen joined southern Chinese to fight Vietnam in the Qing invasion. In the last war with Vietnam all of the armies were southerners. When Southern Han was independent, Cantonese fought against Vietnam without any orders from "northern han in Beijing", and they named their country Han for a reason.

@Wholegrain

back to the topic. We both know that China misused Champa as a tool to contain Vietnam. Nobody believes that you have a heart for them, or for Hindu or Muslims people. Pls spare me your crocodile tears.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wholegrain

back to the topic. We both know that China misused Champa as a tool to contain Vietnam. Nobody believes that you have a heart for them, or for Hindu or Muslims people. Pls spare me your crocodile tears.

China still has Utsul Muslims in Hainan who are descended from Cham refugees whom China took in after Vietnam invaded Champa. We would not just let any random people go to China whenever they feel like it, only friends we care about can come in to settle down. We have bad relations with Vietnam so we have good relations with Vietnam's enemies. Problem?

We have long term friendly relations with these states in southeast asia and especially with the Moros. Many of us have intermarriaged with the Moros and I am really concerned about them because of what the Filipinos did. We have traded with them for hundreds of years and supported them against the Spanish. Both Champa and Moro Sultanate of Sulu were allies of China. The current Moro Muslim Governor of the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao, Abdusakur M. Tan is of Chinese descent.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...graphic-engineering-against-moro-muslims.html

Last edited by a moderator:
China still has Utsul Muslims in Hainan who are descended from Cham refugees whom China took in after Vietnam invaded Champa. We would not just let any random people go to China whenever they feel like it, only friends we care abour can come in to settle down. We have bad relations with Vietnam so we have good relations with Vietnam's enemies. Problem?

We have long term friendly relations with these states in southeast asia and especially with the Moros. Many of us have mixed with the Moros and I am really concerned about them because of what the Filipinos did. We have traded with them for hundreds of years and supported them against the Spanish. Both Champa and Moro Sultanate of Sulu were allies of China.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...graphic-engineering-against-moro-muslims.html

Yes , China Man Qing, KMT was friends of France colonial. Mao, Deng were friends of Uncle Sam in recently.

Back
Top Bottom