What's new

Vietnamese conquest of Muslim/Hindu Cham and their current situation

Bcz they r stupid and brainwashed, they think they r bigger, so they can bully the smaller, but they weren't allow to learn in their history book that their PLA fought like coward in idiot in 1979 and totally was got a humiliate defeated just by VN women militia in few weeks

And of couser, bcz the SCS(east sea) where VN control the biggest and the most important part is a crucial ship lane for China , so they dream that once day, they can kick us out and take control of it, but its just a poor wet dream . IF we feel unhappy , we just simply cover SCS(east sea) by sea mine, then game over for China economy :pop:

The above passage is not well written. Today, while Vietnam may be able to stall PLA temporarily the in home ground and Northern hilly terrain, she has no strategic depth for prolong fight. China formidable military complex will exhaust Vietnam.

In Navy battle, the Taiwan Navy alone would probably win Vietnam. I would not want to go into details.

But I hope Vietnam builds up its defense. No point engaging in such emotional outburst. Being a Southern Chinese, I will be proud in any achievements of Vietnam.

The above passage is not well written. Today, while Vietnam may be able to stall PLA temporarily the in home ground and Northern hilly terrain, she has no strategic depth for prolong fight. China formidable military complex will exhaust Vietnam.

We just simply sink all China oil tankers passing by our EEZ in SCS(east sea), then China will exhaust first
Lux de Veritas said:
In Navy battle, the Taiwan Navy alone would probably win Vietnam. I would not want to go into details.

But I hope Vietnam builds up its defense. No point engaging in such emotional outburst. Being a Southern Chinese, I will be proud in any achievements of Vietnam
If u r lack of knowledge, then let me tell u that even US 7 fleet also got high casualtied during VN war, so let alone stupid TW navy,dude :pop:

Cantonese, Mandarin and Min Nan (my lect) are lects of Sino Tibetan. I am not disputing an iota. I am putting forward that, Vietnamese is more Sino-Tibetan than Austroasiatic.

I am not convinced base on grammatical or lexical evidence that Vietnamese is Austroasiatic. I speak Min Nan and Cantonese. The Sino Xenic Vietnamese sounds very similar to Cantonese and I would say I can pick up Vietnamese after 3 month of immersion in Vietnam.

I was shown a Chu Nom passage, and I can read 98% of the character, but later, I found that due to the Vietnamese meaning is quite different, and I rate my real understanding of passage as 60%.

BTW, wholegrain, what is your original Sinitic lect?

My parents dialect is Dongkou hua. By the way most of us mainlanders from taiwan don't know any of our original dialects, its mostly mandarin only.

My parents dialect is Dongkou hua. By the way most of us mainlanders from taiwan don't know any of our original dialects, its mostly mandarin only.

Hi wholegrain, you are brilliant. I salute your knowledge. I like Taiwan and I been there many times.

Muslims of SA and SEA must unite to protect and provide succor to their brethren strewn all along the coastline of the Indian Ocean going into the Pacific. Pakistan, Indonesia and Malaysia should play a leading role here because they are strong. Insha Allah BD will also join their rank in the near future.

Check out the Philippines thread. Malaysia sold out on the Moros. Malaysia and the MILF agreed to autonomy only in the puny muslim autonomous region in mindanao. MNLF and Nur Misuari were very angry at the deal so Misuari started the incident at Lahad Datu.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...ering-against-moro-muslims-7.html#post4550017

We just simply sink all China oil tankers passing by our EEZ in SCS(east sea), then China will exhaust first

If u r lack of knowledge, then let me tell u that even US 7 fleet also got high casualtied during VN war, so let alone stupid TW navy,dude :pop:

You are calling Taiwan dog of US, but Vietnam is the dog and slave of the Soviet Union and Russia. You hosted the Soviet naval base at Cam Ranh Bay and obeyed all of their orders. Your friend Najibullah in Afghanistan was crushed by the mujahideen.

Actually Vietnam not only adopts Chinese cultures and custom, but borrows a lot of Chinese language. Like Mandarin and Cantonese, Vietnamese is a tonal language, the tone makes the meaning, different tone means different meaning.

Is Austroasiatic a tonal language?

Austroasiatic is a language family and not a language. Tonal languages can be found in diffent language families

But I hope Vietnam builds up its defense. No point engaging in such emotional outburst. Being a Southern Chinese, I will be proud in any achievements of Vietnam.

You have many good study and interesting point, but wrong in this.

If we will exhaust by the war, PLA will also get serious damage, as well as PRC itself.

ROC Navy has some big warships and has more ships than Vietnam. But Can they win for so sure!?
Can they declare a war with us !? And US will allow them to do that !??
No, sir ...

You can proud to become Southern Chinese, we're not.

Cantonese language is much differed from Mandarin,

Although Cantonese shares much vocabulary with Mandarin Chinese, the two languages are not mutually intelligible because of pronunciation, grammatical, and also lexical differences. Sentence structure, in particular the placement of verbs, sometimes differs between the two languages. The use of vocabulary in Cantonese also tends to have more historic roots. One of the most notable differences between Cantonese and Mandarin is how the spoken word is written; with Mandarin the spoken word is written as such, whereas with Cantonese there may not be a direct written word matching what was said.[3][4] This results in the situation in which a Mandarin and Cantonese text almost look the same, but both are pronounced differently.

Cantonese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Troll, I said Cantonese is closer to Mandarin than Vietnamese. I didn't say Cantonese and Mandarin are mutually intelligible or extremely close to each other on their own.

You have many good study and interesting point, but wrong in this.

If we will exhaust by the war, PLA will also get serious damage, as well as PRC itself.

ROC Navy has some big warships and has more ships than Vietnam. But Can they win for so sure!?
Can they declare a war with us !? And US will allow them to do that !??
No, sir ...

You can proud to become Southern Chinese, we're not.

Tell that to your Viet brother EastSea who is obsessivley trying to tell southern Chinese that they are not Han but related to Viets. We don't want to be associated with you either.

Troll, I said Cantonese is closer to Mandarin than Vietnamese. I didn't say Cantonese and Mandarin are mutually intelligible or extremely close to each other on their own.

Tell that to your Viet brother EastSea who is obsessivley trying to tell southern Chinese that they are not Han but related to Viets. We don't want to be associated with you either.
Huh, I don't see the problem ....

We can see a English title but can you know anything about this video !?
So it's useless propaganda :blah:

You are calling Taiwan dog of US, but Vietnam is the dog and slave of the Soviet Union and Russia. You hosted the Soviet naval base at Cam Ranh Bay and obeyed all of their orders. Your friend Najibullah in Afghanistan was crushed by the mujahideen.
smoke too much ?? Soviet only helped VN, they did nothing bad to us , its so different with TW dog that has to obey all US's order even when its people were killed mercilessly by Phil coast guard .
:pop:

smoke too much ?? Soviet only helped VN, they did nothing bad to us , its so different with TW dog that has to obey all US's order even when its people were killed mercilessly by Phil coast guard .
:pop:

And Vietnam cannot do anything to take paracel islands or Taiping island, it takes solace in its Ah Q spiritual victory and fantasizes about sinking merchant vessels. All of Vietnam's anti ship missles and boats were built in Russia and other countries. Not a single one was produced by Vietnam itself. :cheesy:

Vietnam does not have the balls to attack Taiping island and take it from Taiwan, so you take solace in Filipino coastguard killing ROC citizens. And Filipino soldiers are getting killed by Moro insurgents in Mindanao.

I don't ever see Wholegrain as Han Chinese, he could have been a Chinese but probably of Minority, from what I see and his reply, and his focus of Qing-ROC history suggest he could have been one of those tribe from China North East or North West.

His so-called Chinese History are only limited to Post Qing Dynasty, I have yet to see him comment on anything earlier than that, lack of knowledge on these area suggest a non-Han background.

Why do you ask him for, he is not ethnic Chinese :)

There were Han banners in the Eight Banners and some Han served in Manchu banners. Many Han who defected to the Qing before the Ming fell were placed into banners. They fled across the great wall to manchuria from different provinces to join the Qing. Some of the Han bannermen learned Manchu language and customs and some even adopt Manchu names. Both Han and Manchu banners were stationed throughout all of China including the northern and southern provinces and they assimilated and spoke the local dialects. After the Qing fell all Bannermen were classified together as the same and the banners mixed with local people and identify themselves as Qiren (bannerperson) including Han bannermen.

When Bannermen marry local women in whatever province they were stationed, their children inherited their father's status as han or manchu bannermen.

Ethnic Manchus (jurchen descendants) are not the only people who were closely associated with the Qing. Han bannermen are also closely tied with the history.

By the way in all three peoples I Mentioned, Han and Manchu bannermen, and Miao are patrilineal and their surnames and ethnic status was inherited from the father. If someone has Han father and Miao mother then the children are Han. If the father is Manchu then the children are Manchu.

Back
Top Bottom