What's new

Vietnam visit: Anti-American exhibits abound, but people are friendly

of course "chinese commies" was in vietnam before American's involvement. there are chinese military officers in every company of Ho chi min's army. they came to Vietnam to help vietnamnese gain independence.
Why a war since North Viet Nam was already independent?

He complains about being treated like crap by Chinese because he is Vietnamese. Has he ever considered he gets treated like crap cause he does the same thing to other Chinese?
Not at all. In fact, often I encouraged you boys to keep it up. Pointing out such behaviors does not constitute complaining.

He complains about being treated like crap by Chinese because he is Vietnamese. Has he ever considered he gets treated like crap cause he does the same thing to other Chinese?

LOL, logical arguments don't work in this situation. :azn:

Gambit makes racist attacks against Chinese, while simultaneously complaining that all Chinese people are racist. :lol:

最好不要浪费时间。。。

There goes the propaganda line: That it was the US who 'started' the Vietnam War. At least now you are educated to the fact that China was meddling in Viet Nam long before the US was involved. China encouraged North Viet Nam to go to war to 'liberate' South Viet Nam. If you feel that NVN has the right to call upon China -- an ally -- towards that goal, then why is it wrong for SVN to call upon its ally -- the US -- to support its goal of independence? The US started the Vietnam War? But now that I managed to present historical evidences and reasonable arguments to point fingers at China, there would be the inevitable cheap and racist personal attacks from the peanut gallery.
The books here say North Vietnam started it and the teachers say its BS and that America started it. Perhaps American schools like teaching Chinese Propaganda? Or maybe its true despite not fitting your ideological beliefs.

I have not yet made any racist attacks but boy am I tempted.

You object? Does this mean your grandfather made the wrong choice in being a communist?

What does my grandfather's beliefs have to do with me?

Why a war since North Viet Nam was already independent?

Good question. You should ask yourself why china "invaded" Vietnam in 1979. and why china withdraw from vietnam after it captured Vietnam's liangshan province as schedule.

LOL, logical arguments don't work in this situation. :azn:

Gambit makes racist attacks against Chinese, while simultaneously complaining that all Chinese people are racist. :lol:

最好不要浪费时间。。。

He sure makes me want to, but nah why should I bring myself down to his level.

Good question. You should ask yourself why china "invaded" Vietnam in 1979. and why china withdraw from vietnam after it captured Vietnam's liangshan province as schedule.
Just as I expected -- more tap-dancing. The question remain: Why a war against South Viet Nam when North Viet Nam was already independent when, as you claimed that China was assisting North Viet Nam towards independence? Why did China urged that war?

The books here say North Vietnam started it and the teachers say its BS and that America started it.
Why? For what? Oil? Women?

Perhaps American schools like teaching Chinese Propaganda? Or maybe its true despite not fitting your ideological beliefs.
My ideology has no relevance at this time. Why did China urged North Viet Nam to wage a war against South Viet Nam when it was clear that South Viet Nam wanted to maintain partition and independence?

I have not yet made any racist attacks but boy am I tempted.
Give in to your temptations.

What does my grandfather's beliefs have to do with me?
He was a communist while you claimed you are not. If you reject communism, by your boys' way of logic, that would make you a traitor.

An excellent documentary on the war of Vietnam.

Communist Vietcong did a great job assisting Ho Chi Minh. Their efforts granted Vietnam its long awaited freedom. History might be painful to some (cough cough Americans, French and traitors), but its painful past is what made Vietnam a proud country today. Vietnam is finally bearing fruits now so I guess it was all worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Communist Vietcong did a great job assisting Ho Chi Minh. Their efforts granted Vietnam its long awaited freedom. History might be painful to some (cough cough Americans, French and traitors), but its painful past is what made Vietnam a proud country today. Vietnam is finally bearing fruits now so I guess it was worth the time.
Liberation from what? North Viet Nam was under communist control, thanks to China. South Viet Nam resisted and wanted partition. Do you not respect the will of the people?

Why? For what? Oil? Women?

Don't know Vietnam was one of the shorter paragraphs in the book. It was also a bit glossed over in class.

My ideology has no relevance at this time. Why did China urged North Viet Nam to wage a war against South Viet Nam when it was clear that South Viet Nam wanted to maintain partition and independence?
Urging perhaps but in the end North Vietnamese has to take responsibility. In the end it was a civil war that neither America or China should have gotten involved in.

Give in to your temptations.
Nope, nice try though.

He was a communist while you claimed you are not. If you reject communism, by your boys' way of logic, that would make you a traitor.

Communism is a part of China. Denying that is pointless. However Chinese are only loyal toward China and not some ideology. You are a traitor because you have despised Vietnam simply because it is communist.

Use of "you boys" is getting tiresome even for you don't you think?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom