What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Why the Israeli radar n not your super indian radar?
That was naval radar?

And please stop replying me, if this forum average IQ is at surface of the earth, then your intelligence doesnt even belong to earth's core.

N i thought nirbhay was a failed project.

You think too much. Please thats not good for you.

Why this look like,, you indoctrinated by the CCP, China? @Carlosa This is same for you, or just me thinking like that? :/

That was naval radar?

And please stop replying me, if this forum average IQ is at surface of the earth, then your intelligence doesnt even belong to earth's core.

It doesn't matter what my intelligence is. What matters is indian weapons r not up to standard for domestic use n export yet. Nirbhay can't fly low. Cruise missile is useless if it can't fly low to avoid early detection. High flying low speed missile doesn't work against an adversary like china my indian friend.

That was naval radar?

Why this look like,, you indoctrinated by the CCP, China? @Carlosa This is same for you, or just me thinking like that? :/
Y do you need help from your boyfriend carlos the fake spaniard? Maybe he can back u up n give u moral support with a few thanks?

Why the Israeli radar n not your super indian radar? N i thought nirbhay was a failed project.

Yes, that's being used now. You think India wont induct sea based AESA radars systems down the line?

Land based ones are being readied, so are airborne ones. It's only a matter of time before ship-based ones become operational.

Same thing happened with P28's main radar.

etMgEZ1.jpg

revathi1.png

Based off land based model

Now newer models are coming online:

ARUDHRA+MPR-1.jpg

ARUDHRA+MPR-2.jpg

ASHWINI+MRSR-1.jpg

ASHWINI+MRSR-2.jpg

Just like the pervious example, it's only a matter of time before naval system come to development.

Nirbhay is hardly a failed project, Nirbhay project /program is in line with programs like space launchers, Angi ballistic missiles, in the sense that it has to work, because there is no alternative to import. No one will export long range cruise missiles.

Cruise missile is useless if it can't fly low to avoid early detection. High flying low speed missile doesn't work against an adversary like china my indian friend.

It will be one of it's feature.

Last edited:
VietStar airlines is set to fly. Two things are interesting about the new bird: first it is operated by the military, second it offers cargo service. It will start service as the first domestic cargo airliner with two 737 Boeing freighter.

A way to earn some income for the army :cheers:

9114_vietstarairlines-1.jpg

Military engineers have developed a missile simulation system for naval vessels, designation is IR-60VN. It is used to simulate the datalink and communication between the fire control system and Kh-35E/UE missiles.

Military engineers have developed a missile simulation system for naval vessels, designation is IR-60VN. It is used to simulate the datalink and communication between the fire control system and Kh-35E/UE missiles.

It is more than a simulator, the video says, the missile fire control system can be deployed on warships.

News of the day

The emperor and empress of Japan accept the invitation of Vietnamese government and plan a visit for next Spring. Although the emperor eased to possess the power over Japan as he had over thousands of years he is still a symbol of imperial Japan. Pictures when Vietnam president and his spouse visited Japan in March 2014.

It is more than a simulator, the video says, the missile fire control system can be deployed on warships.
I'm not sure what it's called in English, so I went with the "simulator" thingy :p::p:

It can simulate the characteristics of the Kh-35UE missiles, so the maintenance and testing will be easier and no longer need the real missile to be deployed.

I'm not sure what it's called in English, so I went with the "simulator" thingy :p::p:

It can simulate the characteristics of the Kh-35UE missiles, so the maintenance and testing will be easier and no longer need the real missile to be deployed.
Just listening to the video again. Hardly understandable, but it seems to be a computer system that can check status and retrieve data of missiles, e.i. operational status. the Vietnam made system is derived from similar Russian developed one. Vietnamese engineers disassembled russian system components, studied how they are made, and developed a domestic version. It is not a missile simulation system.

Added: though the video says simulation of various antiship missiles, I am not seeing how it simulates? Nor do we seeing computer screens showing missiles flying and be intercepted.

It doesn't matter what my intelligence is. What matters is indian weapons r not up to standard for domestic use n export yet. Nirbhay can't fly low. Cruise missile is useless if it can't fly low to avoid early detection. High flying low speed missile doesn't work against an adversary like china my indian friend.

Y do you need help from your boyfriend carlos the fake spaniard? Maybe he can back u up n give u moral support with a few thanks?
Facepalm, Nirbhay is in R&D phase, and failures happen during R&D phase. Before induction one actually need atleast 9 test.

Did I need to remind this?
http://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/the-trouble-with-missiles_b_8272280

Just listening to the video again. Hardly understandable, but it seems to be a computer system that can check status and retrieve data of missiles, e.i. operational status. the Vietnam made system is derived from similar Russian developed one. Vietnamese engineers disassembled russian system components, studied how they are made, and developed a domestic version. It is not a missile simulation system.

Added: though the video says simulation of various antiship missiles, I am not seeing how it simulates? Nor do we seeing computer screens showing missiles flying and be intercepted.
Kindly read my post again.

The IR-60VN simulate the characteristics or status of a missile and its datalink/communication with the ship's fire control systems. So you don't need a real missile to test the FCS, you just plug that IR-60VN into the ship's interface and start testing. The similar system was used in S-75 and S-125 ADS to performing tests without booting up the entire complex.

It's a testing equipment. I admit that I don't know the English term for this kind of system, so my post was pretty confusing.

Kindly read my post again.

The IR-60VN simulate the characteristics or status of a missile and its datalink/communication with the ship's fire control systems. So you don't need a real missile to test the FCS, you just plug that IR-60VN into the ship's interface and start testing. The similar system was used in S-75 and S-125 ADS to performing tests without booting up the entire complex.

It's a testing equipment. I admit that I don't know the English term for this kind of system, so my post was pretty confusing.
Ah I got it. Antiship missile simulator.

Why this look like,, you indoctrinated by the CCP, China? @Carlosa
This is same for you, or just me thinking like that? :/

Yes, its the same for me and for everybody else.

This guy's mission in life is to disrupt the thread, its better to ignore him.

@Water Car Engineer Don't waste your time with this guy, it makes no difference at all. Lets ignore him and eventually he'll get tired.

We talked about the Philippines. Since the new president Mr Duterte dumps America, I expect he will soon abandon Japan too. They all are evils. Only China is good. Amazing, how a election can change the entire strategic landscape in East Asia. Anyway we should look at the bright sight: America and Japan will have little option but tilt toward Vietnam. We are the only country with a military that is capable to stop Chinese expansion in South China Sea.

Has Japan not promised new patrol ships to Vietnam recently? Such one that is just delivered to the Philippines is not too bad :-)

n-vessels-a-20160819-870x616.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom