What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

We talked about the Philippines. Since the new president Mr Duterte dumps America, I expect he will soon abandon Japan too. They all are evils. Only China is good. Amazing, how a election can change the entire strategic landscape in East Asia. Anyway we should look at the bright sight: America and Japan will have little option but tilt toward Vietnam. We are the only country with a military that is capable to stop Chinese expansion in South China Sea.

Has Japan not promised new patrol ships to Vietnam recently? Such one that is just delivered to the Philippines is not too bad :-)

n-vessels-a-20160819-870x616.jpg

We do not have the military to stop Chinese expansion. What we have is perseverance and a fight to the death mentality. That's why no country will engage Vietnam in a land war on VN turf. They will harass her.

We do not have the military to stop Chinese expansion. What we have is perseverance and a fight to the death mentality. That's why no country will engage Vietnam in a land war on VN turf. They will harass her.
We are having and building a suitable maritime deterrence force, that's enough.

Ah I got it. Antiship missile simulator.
Yup, that's the one :D

The Vietnamese term is literally translated as "fake missile system" :yahoo:

Last edited:
yes, Vietnam is a country that seeks harmony but never backs down if anyone seeks confrontation.
but ok, enough with bashing on China, let change the topic a bit. "Ao Dai" fashion show, held in Beijing. among the guests, visiting PM Phuc :D

m_3_MOYG.jpg

m_4_LBPK.jpg

m_5_NDZG.jpg

m_7_QYLX.jpg

m_2_WCJJ.jpg

m_1_TZCP.jpg

We talked about the Philippines. Since the new president Mr Duterte dumps America, I expect he will soon abandon Japan too. They all are evils. Only China is good. Amazing, how a election can change the entire strategic landscape in East Asia. Anyway we should look at the bright sight: America and Japan will have little option but tilt toward Vietnam. We are the only country with a military that is capable to stop Chinese expansion in South China Sea.

Has Japan not promised new patrol ships to Vietnam recently? Such one that is just delivered to the Philippines is not too bad :-)

n-vessels-a-20160819-870x616.jpg

Hey, did you read the news of the Indonesian made corvettes that after receiving orders to fire missiles in an exercise that was being watched by the Indonesian president, they could not fire the missiles for a while and when they finally fired, they missed their target? Those missiles are chinese made missiles by the way. I wonder how much we would it have to hear from the sis madokafc if that were to have happened to the Vietnamese navy. She would surely say things like "Even the Cambodian navy can do better". @Silent Knight

14322337_1218094311581855_9073973992096751948_n.jpg

Hey, did you read the news of the Indonesian corvettes that after receiving orders to fire missiles in an exercise that was being watched by the Indonesian president, they could not fire the missiles for a while and when they finally fired, they missed their target? Those missiles are chinese made missiles by the way. I wonder how much we would it have to hear from the sis madokafc if that were to have happened to the Vietnamese navy. She would surely say things like "Even the Cambodian navy can do better".

View attachment 334975
Which ship is this?

Hey, did you read the news of the Indonesian made corvettes that after receiving orders to fire missiles in an exercise that was being watched by the Indonesian president, they could not fire the missiles for a while and when they finally fired, they missed their target? Those missiles are chinese made missiles by the way. I wonder how much we would it have to hear from the sis madokafc if that were to have happened to the Vietnamese navy. She would surely say things like "Even the Cambodian navy can do better". @Silent Knight

View attachment 334975
Yes I accidentally came across. Indonesia apparently bought downgraded export version of antiship missiles that are downgraded from original Chinese missiles :woot:

Yes I accidentally came across. Indonesia apparently bought downgraded export version of antiship missiles that are downgraded from original Chinese missiles :woot:

And the original Chinese missile is a downgraded copy of Russian missiles.

Last edited:
And the original Chinese missile is a downgrade copy of Russian missiles.
Lol has sis mado bragged she works for sales department? I believe after this disaster her year end bonus is at risk :D

Lol has sis mado bragged she works for sales department? I believe after this disaster her year end bonus is at risk :D

And you know what she said in the Indo thread? Well, this is why missile trials are done, to find the problems so that we can fix them.

Really? I think missile trials are done when a ship gets commissioned, not after 8 ships of that class are already operational (and by the way, the ship in question was the first one of that class) and certainly not on exercises being watched by the president. Whatever issues those ships / missiles have should have been worked out during the ship's trials not on a exercise like this. This is very embarrassing.

And you know what she said in the Indo thread? Well, this is why missile trials are done, to find the problems so that we can fix them.

Really? I think missile trials are done when a ship gets commissioned, not after 8 ships of that class are already operational (and by the way, the ship in question was the first one of that class) and certainly not on exercises being watched by the president. Whatever issues those ships / missiles have should have been worked out during the ship's trials not on a exercise like this. This is very embarrassing.
Yes very embarrassing for a self proclaimed leader of ASEAN :rofl:

Yes very embarrassing for a self proclaimed leader of ASEAN :rofl:

I recall the T-14 stalling, or the driver was incompetent. Regardless, the world was watching. That bruised Putin's ego for sure, and the crew of said tank probably got all sent to the Gulag. Every country has their days. Some more than others.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom