What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Haha you are telling me that the biggest valve company can't get the highest quality of steel quality from china? Chinese valves are not high quality. I know it for a fact.

The design is limited to china. China doesn't know everything about ASTM/ASME. If you are in the valve business, you should know that price isn't an issue with big oil companies. You are naive.
Any company can get the highest quality steel from China, they just have to pay more. I repeated to you many times, you can get good or bad valves, it's the price. It seems your understanding power is quite limited.

We are not the biggest valve company but I can tell your for a fact the FISHER valves used in the oil and gas industry is made in China, common CS ASTM grade steel. For Duplex steel, Shell approves us to use steel from a few Chinese foundries. And yes cost plays the most important part in Technical Bid Evaluations once the standards are conformed. We supply to OIL companies too, and now with the oil plunge, we are seeing even more demand for Chinese steel.

You don't know all these? I reckon you must be some teenager armchair warrior?

Last edited:
We are not the biggest valve company but I can tell your for a fact the FISHER valves used in the oil and gas industry is made in China, common CS ASTM grade steel. For Duplex steel, Shell approves us to use steel from a few Chinese foundries. And yes cost plays the most important part in Technical Bid Evaluations once the standards are conformed. We supply to OIL companies too, and now with the oil plunge, we are seeing even more demand for Chinese steel.

You don't know all these? I reckon you must be some teenager armchair warrior?

Then you haven't gone to severe services. You are a valve rookie. Haha who the hell hired you? They should get rid of you already. You are so incompetent.

Lmao carbon steel is common. Cost is not the most important you dumbass. LOL

Then you haven't gone to severe services. You are a valve rookie. Haha who the hell hired you? They should get rid of you already. You are so incompetent.

I told you, after conforming to standards, cost is the most important. Carbon steel is common, but you still need to conform to standards for oil and gas companies.

I just gave you a spectrum of steel from CS to Duplex, all made in China.

I told you, after conforming to standards, cost is the most important. Carbon steel is common, but you still need to conform to standards for oil and gas companies.

And you think Indian's steel is not? Hahaha
Of course, oil companies still need to conform to laws and regulations. Cost is not the most important. It is important but not the most important. Man you dont get it. Oh right, you are chinese.

Lol, you barely gave me a spectrum of steel grades. Again, you know nothing of steel grades.

And you think Indian's steel is not? Hahaha
Of course, oil companies still need to conform to laws and regulations. Cost is not the most important. It is important but not the most important. Man you dont get it. Oh right, you are chinese.
I already repeated myself many times, if you have three bids, all conforming to the same standards, next will be cost. Understand? I stated previously, India and China both can produce shitty steel, but certain grade of steel India cannot produce.

Example, warship grade steel until 2014, India needed to import those steel. High temperature super alloys, which I mentioned earlier.

I already repeated myself many times, if you have three bids, all conforming to the same standards, next will be cost. Understand? I stated previously, India and China both can produce shitty steel, but certain grade of steel India cannot produce.

Lmao! Cost? Hahahahahhaha
You truly are naive. So you would hire a sub standard subcontractor to do the work for you for a cheap price? Hahah do you even know how to select the right bidder?
How do you know India can't produce high grades steel? Lol. Don't tell me because your company said so.

Lmao! Cost? Hahahahahhaha
You truly are naive. So you would hire a sub standard subcontractor to do the work for you for a cheap price? Hahah do you even know how to select the right bidder?
How do you know India can't produce high grades steel? Lol. Don't tell me because your company said so.
I again repeat this a third time, if the manufacturers conforms to standards, and there are many who conform to standards in China, and many who don't, next criteria will be PRICE.

Go do some research on Indian superalloy then start talking.

To inspire our day:

13709987_1168307726560514_8510849116103390763_n.jpg
Mai Phuong Thuy in the controversial photo shoot entitled "Beauty of Youth".jpg

I again repeat this a third time, if the manufacturers conforms to standards, and there are many who conform to standards in China, and many who don't, next criteria will be PRICE.

Lol, that is a rookie way to think of a bid. Price is an issue but not always. You don't get how bids work.

I know CCI actually buy Chinese SS forgings from China.

Lol, that is a rookie way to think of a bid. Price is an issue but not always. You don't get how bids work.
I use to work for Technip before moving to a valve company, I EVALUATE BIDS!

I know CCI actually buy Chinese SS forgings from China.

I use to work for Technip before moving to a valve company, I EVALUATE BIDS!

I already know that non critical parts can be bought from chinese manufacturers and anywhere else. But china is cheaper.

Evaluating bids and understand and negotiating a bid is completely different.

And for your information, not all of us know nothing. Some of us know better than you.

@Silent Knight may I ask the navyman when we will begin to build the first aegis like destroyer? :D
Aegis-like destroyer? Not a chance in the next 30 years.
Air defense frigate with 100+ km range missiles? Maybe 10-15 years, who knows then :p::p:

Btw I'm with the Air Force, Navy is a bit further. :woot:

I already know that non critical parts can be bought from chinese manufacturers and anywhere else. But china is cheaper.

Evaluating bids and understand and negotiating a bid is completely different.

And for your information, not all of us know nothing. Some of us know better than you.
Non critical parts? As in the material for the whole body is non-critical? Are you really an engineer? Evaluating bids are done by technical engineers to check if the technicalities are correct, negotiating is done by procurement. If the technicalities are correct, normally the procurement committee will look at the cost, after which the vendor is selected and negotiation starts. Why are we going into bids and procurement, you are going out of topic, I was just proving to you Chinese material is used widely, it's just you don't realize it. A new resin developed by my company is made in China, we claim it's European for marketing purposes.

Back
Top Bottom