What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Yes, typical Pakistani-chinese controlled forum. I think we should make our own forum, in English, but our own and open to everybody; anybody that comes to troll, BANNED! I have some plans for that, we can put a team together and do it, why not? What do you think?

What do you say @Viet @Silent Knight @vtnsx @Aqsuperman etc, are you in?

Sure, I've built my own website before using Wordpress. I'm sure we all can collaborate.

because you have more enemies than us.

:omghaha::omghaha: That is clever

I think Vietnam need only one thing.
Changing the top leaders. In 10 years.
New Vietnam is much better and stronger

I'm glad someone agreed with me on that note.

Friends, let me remind you that Vietnam doesn't want to take part in a new arms race. We simply want to defend our sovereignty and national interests. We don't invade anyone, so the current spending on national defense is acceptable.

Fact is, we don't hope to defeat China or any potential enemies. We only build up our forces to make them think twice before doing something incredibly stupid, make them think about things that they'd lose before gaining anything.

Remember the War against the US a.k.a Vietnam War? We didn't defeat the entire US Armed Forces, we drove them out of our sovereignty and unified the country. Same thing would happen if China or anyone else tries to invade Vietnam. So yeah, 5 billion $ per year is enough, no need to spend like Japan or South Korea.

This is what I called "internalizing the country" meaning VN needs to build its foundation from within. This includes modernizing Education in Trades, Engineering and Science, more bottom line industries such as mining, foundries, steel mills, etc, modernizing manufacturing processes and equipment such as CNC machining, 3D metal printing, mold injections, Subractive and additive machining, automation and robotics manufacturing, modernizing farming equipment, modernizing construction equipment, improving work safety and regulation, modernizing medical facilities and equipment, promoting and encouraging Science and Engineering by paying them more (In the end, they are your best defense and offense).

I could say more but these are just some of the highlights to build a strong nation.

I like the wise, whatever he(she) is Vietnamese or Chinese .... said well ! But money still is importance to improve ur strength, when ur country not the rich ur best weapon is ur wisdom. If u can learn something from China past time (PRC not born as world N.o2 economy), u also will find ur way. Vietnam is small, a war easily burning everything that's the problem for all small nations ... but some get rich, absolutely not depend on war or arms race the rich come from ppl's wisdom.:coffee:

My word, is small nation need more wisdom & patience than the bigger one.

You are absolutely right. China deserve its position today. Your leadership did recognize this long ago and has been long waiting for the opportunity to rise in power to counter US's aggression. Patience does pay you off, however, what your leaders are doing is exactly the same as Uncle Sam. People will hate you and they will rise to counter China's action/aggression. Vietnam overlooked China and trusted China way too much and became too comfortable with China. That is not China's fault but it is VN's fault for relying so heavily with China and didn't need to modernize the country.

VN leadership is like a guy going to his friend's house and drink his face off everyday like the Native American. He ignored all the responsibilities and just want to drink and party his faces off until the friend got sick and tired of his behaviors and decided to kick him in the face and told him his life is a piece of 5h1t.

The ships that they are putting out is no bs man, they are very real and the domestic aircraft carrier under construction is also very real (and way ahead of the chinese domestic carrier under construction). They just commissioned the first nuclear sub with nuclear ballistic missiles. Like it or not, they are tailing you and they are going to be a force to reckon with. Feel free to ignore it and live in your own virtual world if you wish, but reality doesn't change just because you don't want to look at it.

That is the problem with Chinese civilization. They worship virtual reality. Virtual Reality is their god. I give you one best example, they believe in Dragons and we all know Dragons don't exist. They also believe they can fly on trees, walk on water and break granite with their heads. This is China's culture. Nothing wrong with it, but when you believe you can fly on trees and walk on water, I think they have crossed that line.

Do you know how long their ship had been under construction? Do you since when they started using their own 'indigenous' steel? Do you before 2014, all Indian warship were made from 'IMPORTED' steel? Compare with China those naval subsystems and see which is indigenous. They commissioned the nuclear sub? They haven't even sort out the problems with the sub. China had been building nuclear subs for the past 30-40 years on our own. How much of the sub is even indigenous. They don't even have a semicon fab for god's sake. Where are those chips in the subsystems made in? The AESA radar for example, you need a foundry from those chips, you get it?

For your information, Chinese steel are 5h1t in the Western world. How do I know this? because I used to work for an oil company here. We prefer India steel because they actually follow the American standards, unlike the Chinese. I wont give you the details why your steel sucks because you know it better than anyone in the world.

bro, no need to lecture the Vietnamese or Indians. Just let them be.
Wake up stupid people is not desirable

I don't think we need your stupid incompetent advice. China has got nothing on US/Russia's tech. You will never master the art of Science and Engineering when you can only copy and steal technologies from USA. China is known to be a thief, is so sad for a country with over 9 trillion in GDP and stealing from people. hahhah pathetic. Do NGU

Sooner than expected. Z111 rifle factory for Galil 31 and 32, will soon replace all Ak-47s for the fighting troops.

viet-nam-sap-thay-the-hoan-toan-sung-truong-ak-47.jpg

viet-nam-sap-thay-the-hoan-toan-sung-truong-ak-47-hinh-2.jpg

viet-nam-sap-thay-the-hoan-toan-sung-truong-ak-47-hinh-6.jpg

viet-nam-sap-thay-the-hoan-toan-sung-truong-ak-47-hinh-5.jpg

viet-nam-sap-thay-the-hoan-toan-sung-truong-ak-47-hinh-4.jpg

viet-nam-sap-thay-the-hoan-toan-sung-truong-ak-47-hinh-9.jpg

viet-nam-sap-thay-the-hoan-toan-sung-truong-ak-47-hinh-7.jpg

viet-nam-sap-thay-the-hoan-toan-sung-truong-ak-47-hinh-11.jpg

a modern army needs a modern rifle: Galil 31 with compact short barrel, caliber 7,62x39mm.

viet-nam-sap-thay-the-hoan-toan-sung-truong-ak-47-hinh-10.jpg

Galil 32 with long barrel, same caliber as Galil 31

viet-nam-sap-thay-the-hoan-toan-sung-truong-ak-47-hinh-8.jpg

Two new patrol boats for the Coast Guard
TT400 class, manufactured by Hong Ha shipyard. New: 23mm cannon

anh-vu-khi-moi-tren-tau-tt-400-cua-csb-viet-nam.jpg

anh-vu-khi-moi-tren-tau-tt-400-cua-csb-viet-nam-hinh-2.jpg

anh-vu-khi-moi-tren-tau-tt-400-cua-csb-viet-nam-hinh-7.jpg

anh-vu-khi-moi-tren-tau-tt-400-cua-csb-viet-nam-hinh-3.jpg

anh-vu-khi-moi-tren-tau-tt-400-cua-csb-viet-nam-hinh-4.jpg

Patrol and rescue fast craft for border guard: the 5th delivered
13432391_1167155836662082_736008941012592056_n.jpg

13669722_1193557607355238_7474872122123182245_n.jpg

13707634_1192383700805962_4338696741141701777_n.jpg

Landing craft for platoon-scale unit
13770237_1192382570806075_4188280115628022339_n.jpg

13775989_1192383474139318_7381634496511311798_n.jpg

The trainer version for Su-35S is Su-30M2, an upgraded and domestic version of the Su-30MK2.

But what the hell, give me 2 regiments of Su-30SMV and I'll be fine. :yahoo::yahoo:

Consider it done man and the cute Indonesian girl will be on the side for the sake of ASEAN multilateral cooperation and interchange............ Oh and the beers of course for getting into the right mood and frame of mind for multilateral engagement..... Can you handle that? :p:

China used to be in the same situation in the past. Vietnam will get there, it will take some time, but it will get there. India is already self sufficient when it comes to surface ships and it will soon be in submarines also, including nuclear subs. They will need some help with aircraft carriers, but only for very sophisticated stuff like the electromagnetic catapults. They can afford to buy the best while China for example is using domestic jet engines that are extremely unreliable and get pilots killed. I prefer the Indian approach.

The Indians may get there, Vietnam won't. Just not enough people, not enough revenue for a comparable defense budget. I mean, not even Japan or South Korea can build entirely indigenous warships or planes.

I know about all of that very well, I follow closely what they do and until recently I also thought that it was just one more problem / delay after another, but they turned the corner, they finally got it together and now the ships are coming out. The nuclear sub is in sea trials and doing fine. The carrier under construction is almost finished. They are advancing very fast, not at the same rate in all fields, but they are advancing fast. I'm telling you again, they are tailing you and you better get used to that man.

@MacanJawa Just give SK a SU-27 to play with and he'll be your best friend.... :P Oh and don't forget a cute Indonesian girl........ and a few beers......
First you say the sub is commissioned, then now you say on trials. Let me tell you this, the Indians are famous for trials lasting decades. This is not some warship where you just buy some steel weld it into a hull and then 'system engineer' it with pieces of different origin equipment into a franken ship. Nuclear submarines are complex, they can't even make a decent conventional sub, always trying to run without learning how to crawl, they need to master the basics properly.

Advance as in buying foreign weapons? Or doing screwdriver and sticker tech engineering?
Ask your them where the steel for the 'indigenous' submarines come from?

Last edited:
The Indians may get there, Vietnam won't. Just not enough people, not enough revenue for a comparable defense budget. I mean, not even Japan or South Korea can build entirely indigenous warships or planes.

Vietnam will get where they need to get which is not the same as for India or China, but will be good enough for them.

First you say the sub is commissioned, then now you say on trials. Let me tell you this, the Indians are famous for trials lasting decades. This is not some warship where you just buy some steel weld it into a hull and then 'system engineer' it with pieces of different origin equipment into a fransken ship. Nuclear submarines are complex, they can't even make a decent conventional sub, always trying to run without learning how to crawl, they need to master the basics properly.

Advance as in buying foreign weapons? Or doing screwdriver and sticker tech engineering?
Ask your them where the steel for the 'indigenous' submarines come from?

I knew that it was on sea trials and I recently saw a headline wondering if it was already commissioned,

Feel free to ignore what they are achieving, but at least they don't steal the tech by cyber hacking as china does all the time.

For your information, Chinese steel are 5h1t in the Western world. How do I know this? because I used to work for an oil company here. We prefer India steel because they actually follow the American standards, unlike the Chinese. I wont give you the details why your steel sucks because you know it better than anyone in the world.
I think you need to understand this, 'pay peanuts get monkey'. China can produce the best steel and the shittiest steel, it depends on your budget. Do you know we even export LP turbine blades to Japan? Everybody wants a cheaper option. I have seen shitty Indian steel and shitty Chinese steel, the Indians like to claim they adhere to whatever standards, but it's bullshit. It all comes down to the price, you pay more, you get better quality.Ask them where BHEL buy their blades from, ask them where their supercritical boiler alloy tubes come from. Wake up!

I don't think we need your stupid incompetent advice. China has got nothing on US/Russia's tech. You will never master the art of Science and Engineering when you can only copy and steal technologies from USA. China is known to be a thief, is so sad for a country with over 9 trillion in GDP and stealing from people. hahhah pathetic. Do NGU
Deep down in your heart, you know the truth. We steal, copy, beg, borrow, reverse, absorb, develop, innovate, we will do whatever it takes and that's why we accomplished so much. And now we reach a stage, where Russian tech had been sucked dry by us. Nothing left to absorb, that's why you see more and more Chinese innovations.

I'm glad someone agreed with me on that note.

That is the problem with Chinese civilization. They worship virtual reality. Virtual Reality is their god. I give you one best example, they believe in Dragons and we all know Dragons don't exist. They also believe they can fly on trees, walk on water and break granite with their heads. This is China's culture. Nothing wrong with it, but when you believe you can fly on trees and walk on water, I think they have crossed that line.

Last I heard, Japan, Korea, Mongolia, and even Vietnam uses the Dragon as a symbol. Come on man, those are cultural symbols, much like unicorns and goblins. Indians believe in a elephant head chimera. Dragons are a part of our culture.

You watch too much kungfu movies, Harry Potter can talk to snakes too. I think you are the one who can't differentiate fantasy and reality. LOL..

Vietnam will get where they need to get which is not the same as for India or China, but will be good enough for them.

I agree, my statement is in many ways actually a rebuke to the post you replied to. I don't believe that it's in Vietnam's strategic interest to indigenize warship building. It might be in Vietnam's economic interest to learn how to build civilian ships, and much of that skill can be applied to building components for warships, but being able to build fully indigenous expensive platforms such as advanced warships and planes shouldn't be on Vietnam's agenda.

On the other hand, with the proper population resources, it should be India's primary objective to indigenize, well, basically everything especially given the relatively benign security environment it's in right now.

I agree, my statement is in many ways actually a rebuke to the post you replied to. I don't believe that it's in Vietnam's strategic interest to indigenize warship building. It might be in Vietnam's economic interest to learn how to build civilian ships, and much of that skill can be applied to building components for warships, but being able to build fully indigenous expensive platforms such as advanced warships and planes shouldn't be on Vietnam's agenda.

On the other hand, with the proper population resources, it should be India's primary objective to indigenize, well, basically everything especially given the relatively benign security environment it's in right now.

I think it does make sense for Vietnam to do domestic warships, but of course it will be up to a particular point, I'd say up to frigate size eventually and to try to do some of the components as much as possible. They can do things quite cheap and they need to do quite a few ships, so I think the economies of scale are there. Of course most of the sensors and weapon systems will be imported. Their naval program has suffered a lot with many delays and setbacks precisely because of depending on others (Russia). Just looking at the examples of Indonesia and Myanmar, that shows that is very feasible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom