What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Friends, let me remind you that Vietnam doesn't want to take part in a new arms race. We simply want to defend our sovereignty and national interests. We don't invade anyone, so the current spending on national defense is acceptable.

Fact is, we don't hope to defeat China or any potential enemies. We only build up our forces to make them think twice before doing something incredibly stupid, make them think about things that they'd lose before gaining anything.

Remember the War against the US a.k.a Vietnam War? We didn't defeat the entire US Armed Forces, we drove them out of our sovereignty and unified the country. Same thing would happen if China or anyone else tries to invade Vietnam. So yeah, 5 billion $ per year is enough, no need to spend like Japan or South Korea.

Friends, let me remind you that Vietnam doesn't want to take part in a new arms race. We simply want to defend our sovereignty and national interests. We don't invade anyone, so the current spending on national defense is acceptable.

Fact is, we don't hope to defeat China or any potential enemies. We only build up our forces to make them think twice before doing something incredibly stupid, make them think about things that they'd lose before gaining anything.

Remember the War against the US a.k.a Vietnam War? We didn't defeat the entire US Armed Forces, we drove them out of our sovereignty and unified the country. Same thing would happen if China or anyone else tries to invade Vietnam. So yeah, 5 billion $ per year is enough, no need to spend like Japan or South Korea.

Words of wisdom (as usual) !!!!!

Friend,

China also doesn't want to colonize you, we just want out territories back. What the point of having a 100mil third world people to feed and educate?

It was never the intention to occupy mainland Vietnam. Naval warfare had always been a Vietnamnese soft spot, there are no jungles for you to hide. Else, why do you think Paracels had been under Chinese control for 40 plus years?

Why do you keep on thinking China is gonna invade mainland Vietnam? We just want the Spratlys. This is a long term game, Vietnam just need to fire one little shot and every single Viet controlled island will be invaded. Next will be Philipines, that will require 2-3 aircraft carriers, since once you invade all Phil controlled islands, you need those battle groups to come head on with the US.

The US will condemn China and then will 'patrol' nearby to prove a point. But once under Chinese control, bases will be quickly built and those islands will be forever under Chinese control.

Last edited:
Yes, typical Pakistani-chinese controlled forum. I think we should make our own forum, in English, but our own and open to everybody; anybody that comes to troll, BANNED! I have some plans for that, we can put a team together and do it, why not? What do you think?

What do you say @Viet @Silent Knight @vtnsx @Aqsuperman etc, are you in?
Very good idea. I notice there isn't an English version of Viet defence forum yet.

Test firing Vietnam made 30 mm launcher Ags-17

viet-nam-se-mua-sam-vu-khi-moi-trong-nam-nay-hinh-4.jpg

viet-nam-se-mua-sam-vu-khi-moi-trong-nam-nay-hinh-5.jpg

I like the wise, whatever he(she) is Vietnamese or Chinese .... said well ! But money still is importance to improve ur strength, when ur country not the rich ur best weapon is ur wisdom. If u can learn something from China past time (PRC not born as world N.o2 economy), u also will find ur way. Vietnam is small, a war easily burning everything that's the problem for all small nations ... but some get rich, absolutely not depend on war or arms race the rich come from ppl's wisdom.:coffee:

My word, is small nation need more wisdom & patience than the bigger one.

Night exercise. Test firing an improved version of anti aircraft missile s-125. New: increase of range from 80 km to 100 km, altitude from 18 km to 25 km, the radar allows two missiles to concentrate on one single target, hitting it with very high accuracy.

ket-qua-viet-nam-dien-tap-chien-dau-voi-ten-lua-s1252tm_12624480.JPG

You are fast becoming popular SK, you got a positive rating from a chinese member (he is one of the best chinese members by the way, a friendly one).

Night exercise. Test firing an improved version of anti aircraft missile s-125. New: increase of range from 80 km to 100 km, altitude from 18 km to 25 km, the radar allows two missiles to concentrate on one single target, hitting it with very high accuracy.

ket-qua-viet-nam-dien-tap-chien-dau-voi-ten-lua-s1252tm_12624480.JPG

what kind radar this system use?

China used to be in the same situation in the past. Vietnam will get there, it will take some time, but it will get there. India is already self sufficient when it comes to surface ships and it will soon be in submarines also, including nuclear subs. They will need some help with aircraft carriers, but only for very sophisticated stuff like the electromagnetic catapults. They can afford to buy the best while China for example is using domestic jet engines that are extremely unreliable and get pilots killed. I prefer the Indian approach.

Great, even you believe the Indian bullshit. Go ahead follow them, you know they are famous for talking and boasting right?
They boasted after independence thinking they are the British of Asia, China just kicked them in the the *** and now they are paranoid. With this kinda of simple minded Viets, i guess we just need to wait for those dozens 052D and 055, 2-3 carriers, new 095 subs to finish construction and then we are ready to roll.

Great, even you believe the Indian bullshit. Go ahead follow them, you know they are famous for talking and boasting right?
They boasted after independence thinking they are the British of Asia, China just kicked them in the the *** and now they are paranoid. With this kinda of simple minded Viets, i guess we just need to wait for those dozens 052D and 055, 2-3 carriers, new 095 subs to finish construction and then we are ready to roll.

The ships that they are putting out is no bs man, they are very real and the domestic aircraft carrier under construction is also very real (and way ahead of the chinese domestic carrier under construction). They just commissioned the first nuclear sub with nuclear ballistic missiles. Like it or not, they are tailing you and they are going to be a force to reckon with. Feel free to ignore it and live in your own virtual world if you wish, but reality doesn't change just because you don't want to look at it.

what kind radar this system use?
SNR-125-2TM, and improved version of the baseline SNR-125.

Friend,

China also doesn't want to colonize you, we just want out territories back. What the point of having a 100mil third world people to feed and educate?
That's why I said we only defend our sovereignty and national interests. Mainland is part of the sovereignty, not all of it. Last time I checked, the first Chinese map that included the Spratly and Paracel (infamously known as the 9 dash line map) was made by Republic of China in mid 20th century, while Vietnamese government has sent fishermen and troops to Paracel since 17th century. Check the China map in early 20th century, your most southern territory was Hainan Island. But well, just call me a bias ultranationalist, who cares about history then.

And mind you, we could feed and educate ourselves just fine.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something to stop the wall of text and incoming flaming. I don't want to argue too much, I just want to have some civil discussion and have fun :yahoo::yahoo:

yGzjN95.jpg

The ships that they are putting out is no bs man, they are very real and the domestic aircraft carrier under construction is also very real (and way ahead of the chinese domestic carrier under construction). They just commissioned the first nuclear sub with nuclear ballistic missiles. Like it or not, they are tailing you and they are going to be a force to reckon with. Feel free to ignore it and live in your own virtual world if you wish, but reality doesn't change just because you don't want to look at it.

Do you know how long their ship had been under construction? Do you since when they started using their own 'indigenous' steel? Do you before 2014, all Indian warship were made from 'IMPORTED' steel? Compare with China those naval subsystems and see which is indigenous. They commissioned the nuclear sub? They haven't even sort out the problems with the sub. China had been building nuclear subs for the past 30-40 years on our own. How much of the sub is even indigenous. They don't even have a semicon fab for god's sake. Where are those chips in the subsystems made in? The AESA radar for example, you need a foundry from those chips, you get it?

SNR-125-2TM, and improved version of the baseline SNR-125.

That's why I said we only defend our sovereignty and national interests. Mainland is part of the sovereignty, not all of it. Last time I checked, the first Chinese map that included the Spratly and Paracel (infamously known as the 9 dash line map) was made by Republic of China in mid 20th century, while Vietnamese government has sent fishermen and troops to Paracel since 17th century. Check the China map in early 20th century, your most southern territory was Hainan Island. But well, just call me a bias ultranationalist, who cares about history then.

And mind you, we could feed and educate ourselves just fine.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Something to stop the wall of text and incoming flaming. I don't want to argue too much, I just want to have some civil discussion and have fun :yahoo::yahoo:

yGzjN95.jpg

what kind fun do you want? hehee

Back
Top Bottom