What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Redacted in this cased meaning "edited".
Ok it must be Kalibr. It isn't a secret the Russians are offering the system for Molynia since a year. I think the Navy chooses both variants: antishipping and land attack missiles.

Redacted as in "censored", you can see that parts of the paragraph was censored to avoid mentioning the name of missile systems or radar.
Thanks

Personally I prefer the word censored as it lets no doubt in author intention :D

What do you think of this:

We are witnessing Chinese rapid naval build-up and their aggressive posture in the South China Sea, and I believe there is a need for an aggressive response. we double the number of our surface warships and submarines in the next five years.

Unless the Chinese fire the first shot, we continue to stick to the three No's policy but 'modify' it a bit by increasing our interactions to America and Japan. Chinese arch enemies. Allowing access of US warships and aircraft carriers to the Cam Ranh bay, in addition to allowing Japanese surface warships, we grant access to Japanese submarines too.

I think we need both but bet the second will pose a more serious challenge, causing more headache to them than increasing the number of our warships at sea.

Time to step up the game.

Last edited:
Yen island, a paradise lying in the South China Sea

1_pklw.jpg

2_nqds.jpg

3_fdrz.jpg

4_tflu.jpg

5_wskm.jpg

6_qwyc.jpg

Thanks

Personally I prefer the word censored as it lets no doubt in author intention :D

What do you think of this:

We are witnessing Chinese rapid naval build-up and their aggressive posture in the South China Sea, and I believe there is a need for an aggressive response. we double the number of our surface warships and submarines in the next five years.

Unless the Chinese fire the first shot, we continue to stick to the three No's policy but 'modify' it a bit by increasing our interactions to America and Japan. Chinese arch enemies. Allowing access of US warships and aircraft carriers to the Cam Ranh bay, in addition to allowing Japanese surface warships, we grant access to Japanese submarines too.

I think we need both but bet the second will pose a more serious challenge, causing more headache to them than increasing the number of our warships at sea.

Time to step up the game.

It would help if VN can discover a big gold mine to finance that naval build up. :P

ERA = Explosive Reactive Armor = that clam shell thingy on the turret front. This is a form of passive protection system which is default for T-90 MBT, no matter what variant we're talking about.

No T-90 variant in active combat at the moment is equipped with Active Protection System (i.e. Arena), only the T-80s do and they rarely carry them too.

I think we're both talking about the same thing.

From Wiki
  • T-90 – The first production version.
  • T-90K – Commander's version of the T-90, with additional communication (station R-163-50K) and navigation equipment (TNA-4-3).[63][64]
  • T-90A – Russian army version with welded turret, V-92S2 engine and ESSA thermal viewer. Sometimes called T-90 Vladimir.[65]
  • T-90AK – Command version of T-90A.
  • T-90S – Export version of the T-90, later adopted by the Russian Armed Forces as the T-90A. These tanks were made by Uralvagonzavod and were updated with 1,000 hp (750 kW) engines made by Chelyabinsk Tractor Plant. These tanks carry a leaner version of the Shtora-1 passive/active protection system which lacks the infra-red dazzlers carried on the turret. Sometimes called T-90C (Cyrillic letter es looks like a Latin c). These were initially supplied with cast turrets of the early T-90, and when stocks were depleted, new, welded turrets were fabricated.
  • T-90SK – Commander's version of the T-90S, with additional communication and navigation equipment. It differs in radio and navigation equipment and Ainet remote-detonation system for HEF rounds.[63][64][65]
  • T-90S "Bhishma" – modified T-90S in Indian service.
  • T-90AM – Latest version of the T-90A.[66] The main features include the modernisation of the old turret design, which is equipped with a new advanced fire control system"Kalina" (with integrated combat information and control systems), a new automatic loader and a new upgraded gun 2A46M-5, as well as a remote-controlled anti-aircraft gun "UDP T05BV-1". The new version also includes the Relikt (Реликт (динамическая защита)) ERA bricks instead of the Kontakt-5 ERA bricks.[67] Other improvements include a new 1130HP engine, an enhanced environmental control system, and satellite navigation systems.
  • T-90MS – New modernised (M) version of the export tank T-90S, with a 1130HP engine, a PNM Sosna-U gunner view, a 7.62 mm turret UDP T05BV-1 RWS, GLONASS, inertial navigation systems and new explosive reactive armour (ERA).[68][69][70] A new removable turret bustle is included, which provides storage for eight additional rounds. T-90MS is ready for serial production.[71]

It would help if VN can discover a big gold mine to finance that naval build up. :P

Weren't someone said they were looking for a 4000 ton of gold somewhere in Vietnam? lol

HOT: VN will produce thousands of modern air defense missile!

Source: http://soha.vn/nong-vn-se-san-xuat-hang-nghin-ten-lua-phong-khong-hien-dai-20160721102556988.htm

12799203-578838962291943-3192479801064633791-n-1468574899873-229-0-719-960-crop-1469071068321.jpg

As mentioned in the previous article " Vietnam made modern air defense missile: Surprise incredible! ", So far, the project made TL-01 missile has achieved positive results when scientists passionate school and our innovative technology mastered the fabrication of particularly important component of this type of short-range air defense missile this.

One of his achievements was the successful manufacture thermal batteries used for short-range air defense missile with a mission to provide energy for infrared homing head to catch the target.

No one else, the Engineers and scientist at the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Physical Chemistry Technical (Military Technical Academy) who deserve to be honored, the completion of research projects granted DOD " completing the thermal battery manufacturing technology for low-level air defense. "

To date, the project has completed the process of thermal battery manufacturing technology;building assembly lines have a capacity of 300 products / year and completed the construction of the technical standards for products.

Very glad to know, once we managed to manufacture batteries for low-altitude air defense missile, no reason to not heat the battery reaches the line more modern missiles, longer ranges.The main crux of the problem is there.

Will produce thousands of rocket air defense!

Upstream to find a little history is especially important role in air defense operations of the low-altitude air defense missile or (shoulder missile air defense).

Even when the Soviet air defense aid low-range A-72 (put into use in 1972), the ability to destroy low-flying targets of our Army has changed overall, prompting terrified enemies.

By the hands of the gunner yellow rocket, the first performance of the A-72 combat improved significantly, reaching 0.375 superior combat performance than 0.3 as calculated design manufacturer manufacturing (ie 1,000 shells killed 300 aircraft).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After mastering this and rocket technology. VN should lean towards Robotics and automation systems as well as Drones.

Vietnam has opened the Cam Ranh maintenance facilities for foreign naval vessels and already taken several warships from other countries.

But I do believe that we don't want to internationalize the problem in South China Sea. Only countries bordering the SCS should resolve these problems.

Prior the WW I, in order to catch up with the British Royal Navy, the germans financed the giant warship building program by deficit spending and taking loans from the common folks. Maybe we can copy :-)

Prior the WW I, in order to catch up with the British Royal Navy, the germans financed the giant warship building program by deficit spending and taking loans from the common folks. Maybe we can copy :-)
How? China's defense budget ($215 B ) is even larger than GDP of Vietnam.

They still don't get it. It's not about having the ships, it's about knowing how to build the ships. You can spend billions importing your weapons like India, but end of the day, you are still at the mercy of your suppliers.

True our security situation is very precarious if not hopeless. because it's an impossible to build a credible defense posture with so little money as we spend right now ($5 billions). To build a creditable deterrent we need at least about the amount of budget of South Korea ($33 billions) or Japan ($42 billions).

They still don't get it. It's not about having the ships, it's about knowing how to build the ships. You can spend billions importing your weapons like India, but end of the day, you are still at the mercy of your suppliers.
No sorry I still don't understand what you are saying. Can you please speak a bit slower?

Back
Top Bottom