What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Extra is basically a land attack missile. If the Molynia have Extra, the warships will have a similar capacity like the Kilo with Kalibr.
It IS a ground-to-ground rocket system, hence the name "Extended Range Artillery Rocket". Their designated purpose with the Navy is for shore-defense and counter-amphibious warfare.

It might be sensible to equip large landing ships with an EXTRA launcher. But Molniya class? Better go with the KCT-15 and Yakhont missiles.

It IS a ground-to-ground rocket system, hence the name "Extended Range Artillery Rocket". Their designated purpose with the Navy is for shore-defense and counter-amphibious warfare.

It might be sensible to equip large landing ships with an EXTRA launcher. But Molniya class? Better go with the KCT-15 and Yakhont missiles.

It definitely is a very strange proposition.

Are we going to see a TT-400TP with the KCT-15 sometime soon? :P

Where did you get that info?
Baodatviet.vn

I am on holiday in France. Have to look for info on my small iPhone, understandably can't post thing easily. Internet isn't reliable either.

Yakhont, Kct-15 are antiship missiles. And they aren't cheap. The Navy looks for a cheap missile, capable to bombard enemy amphibious forces, attacking land installations. I believe they are very concerned about a possible Chinese assault.

Actually we can build dredging vessels, too.

Dvina, manufactured by Song Thu shipyard, a 2,800 tons dredger for a Russia company. 89.35 meters in length, capable to withstand deep temperature as low as -35 degree.

viet-nam-xuat-khau-tau-hoat-dong-tai-bac-cuc-cho-nga_1617643.jpg

viet-nam-xuat-khau-tau-hoat-dong-tai-bac-cuc-cho-nga_16175258.jpg

viet-nam-xuat-khau-tau-hoat-dong-tai-bac-cuc-cho-nga_1617581.jpg

viet-nam-xuat-khau-tau-hoat-dong-tai-bac-cuc-cho-nga_16174623.jpg

viet-nam-xuat-khau-tau-hoat-dong-tai-bac-cuc-cho-nga_16174971.jpg

viet-nam-xuat-khau-tau-hoat-dong-tai-bac-cuc-cho-nga_16173749.jpg

viet-nam-xuat-khau-tau-hoat-dong-tai-bac-cuc-cho-nga_16173862.jpg

viet-nam-xuat-khau-tau-hoat-dong-tai-bac-cuc-cho-nga_16173252.jpg

Last edited:
Yakhont, Kct-15 are antiship missiles. And they aren't cheap. The Navy looks for a cheap missile, capable to bombard enemy amphibious forces, attacking land installations. I believe they are very concerned about a possible Chinese assault.
You can also heard that Vietnam might convert some KCT-15 into land-attack variant. And I believe that for the sole purpose of attacking enemy installation, the 3M14E on Kilo class subs would be better.

The bold: Place a battery of EXTRA on Spratly Islands sounds sensible, right?

You can also heard that Vietnam might convert some KCT-15 into land-attack variant. And I believe that for the sole purpose of attacking enemy installation, the 3M14E on Kilo class subs would be better.

The bold: Place a battery of EXTRA on Spratly Islands sounds sensible, right?

This is what @Viet found in Baodatviet.vn about the EXTRA in Molniya ships:

Hải quân Nhân dân Việt Nam cũng đã được trang bị hệ thống vũ khí này với biến thể triển khai trên mặt đất có thể tác chiến chống hạm của tên lửa EXTRA để có thể bổ sung sức mạnh tác chiến cho lực lượng phòng thủ đảo và bờ biển.

Trong đoạn clip mới đây nhất nói về việc Hải quân Việt Nam bắn thử nghiệm vũ khí trên 2 tàu tên lửa cao tốc Molniya tự đóng trong nước, đồng thời bắn nghiệm thu một số loại tên lửa đang có trong trang bị, cho thấy Việt Nam đã sở hữu và có thể sẽ trang bị EXTRA lên tàu Molniya.

Google translation (not very good):
Vietnam people's Navy has also been equipped with this weapon system with variations of deployment on the ground can rocket anti-ship warfare EXTRA to be able to supplement the combat strength of the troops defending the island and the coast.

In the clip most recently talking about Vietnam Navy weapons testing on the 2 high speed missile boat in the water itself, They simultaneously fired several test missiles are in service, shows that Vietnam has owned and could be fitted with EXTRA aboard Molniya.

Most likely speculation from Baodatviet and has no information to backup their claims.

BDV has been an unreliable source in the last few years, they've spreaded more misinformation than actual facts or inside view. I'll keep a skeptical attitude with the EXTRA on Molniya thingy.

Most likely speculation from Baodatviet and has no information to backup their claims.

BDV has been an unreliable source in the last few years, they've spreaded more misinformation than actual facts or inside view. I'll keep a skeptical attitude with the EXTRA on Molniya thingy.
What city are you from?

Yeah, same as Soha.vn and a few others. Just tabloids that put out articles like a sausage machine. They often pick info at PDF also to come up with articles.

Yeah, same as Soha.vn and a few others. Just tabloids that put out articles like a sausage machine. They often pick info at PDF also to come up with articles.
I know that is not 100 percent reliable info. The problem is not isolated on baodatviet, but yes soha comcom tintuc and many others. The only reliable source is the of the army itself: qdnd.vn

But you get even less info because the site mostly reports political activities of the army. Or you see picture of tank such as this one in a maintenance facility. Wonderful isn't it? :D

20072016mthang1qk7.jpg

Ảnh minh họa. Nguồn: QĐND Online.

Well, at least ComCom has access to restricted facilities and military bases that even bigger newspapers cannot get their feet onto. :woot::woot:
Ok ok if so we should try luring one or two comcom guys into this thread. That will make more fun. Since the info is put on Facebook we can assume it isn't classified.

Well, at least ComCom has access to restricted facilities and military bases that even bigger newspapers cannot get their feet onto. :woot::woot:

Hanoi. What do you want to know from me?
I heard some information that supposed admin Comcom is an ex-soldier

Back
Top Bottom