What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

I heard some information that supposed admin Comcom is an ex-soldier

Silent Knight is the admin of comcom........ He is Navy actually.

Ok ok if so we should try luring one or two comcom guys into this thread. That will make more fun. Since the info is put on Facebook we can assume it isn't classified.

There has been one already in the thread for some time (can't say if he is still there), his name begins with aq

There has been one already in the thread for some time (can't say if he is still there), his name begins with aq
Na perfecto ...

May I ask SK about the Molynia? the 4 more of number we have heard long a while but not confirmed and how the future of the warship looks like?

It definitely is a very strange proposition.

Are we going to see a TT-400TP with the KCT-15 sometime soon? :P
I believe that is coming. The gunship will become a missile ship.

I heard some information that supposed admin Comcom is an ex-soldier
Some are civilians, others are active high ranking officers and NCOs. We'll never know.

May I ask SK about the Molynia? the 4 more of number we have heard long a while but not confirmed and how the future of the warship looks like?
According to this document, the next 4 Molniya boats (M7-M10) will be armed with [redacted] missile systems instead of the Uran-E (3M24E and KCT-15). The Russians have agreed with this requirement and they are considering the replacement for Garpun-B fire control radar.

13501825_965536000236027_4058512420306190859_n.jpg

LOL!

Vietnam built a modern air defense missile: Surprise incredible!

Source: http://soha.vn/viet-nam-che-tao-ten-lua-phong-khong-hien-dai-bat-ngo-kho-tin-20160720120519616.htm

Wow about time! As I expected. This is only going to get better and better. Now Vietnam needs to work on Rocket engine and then master the art of Super Long Range Missiles and Satellite. Hopefully, one day would be Space Travel.

146-1468989270859-43-0-615-1120-crop-1468989304063.jpg

igla-1469005026939.jpg

These results were achieved in a short time since officially embarked on research TL-01 led the scientists have more motivation, more enthusiastic to accelerate deployment, early out rocket launch line really "made in Vietnam".

Bright prospects for anti-aircraft missiles "Made in Vietnam"

Obviously, if you buy a technology transfer license Igla-S production, we will soon have in hand a large amount of low-altitude air defense missile modern alternative to the missile A-72, A-87 somewhat outdated, does not meet modern warfare environment, most are not able to pass through the layer of interference, decoys new generation.

Hopefully, TL-01 is successful, we will have the TL-02, TL-03, ... with more and more distant range, maneuverability Wildlife Vietnam, commanded, controlled at a high level of automation , covered the fire from the low net to level, remotely approaching, make sure to destroy any flying target national airspace infringement.

LOL!

Source: http://soha.vn/viet-nam-che-tao-ten-lua-phong-khong-hien-dai-bat-ngo-kho-tin-20160720120519616.htm

Wow about time! As I expected. This is only going to get better and better. Now Vietnam needs to work on Rocket engine and then master the art of Super Long Range Missiles and Satellite. Hopefully, one day would be Space Travel.

igla-1469005026939.jpg

These results were achieved in a short time since officially embarked on research TL-01 led the scientists have more motivation, more enthusiastic to accelerate deployment, early out rocket launch line really "made in Vietnam".

Obviously, if you buy a technology transfer license Igla-S production, we will soon have in hand a large amount of low-altitude air defense missile modern alternative to the missile A-72, A-87 somewhat outdated, does not meet modern warfare environment, most are not able to pass through the layer of interference, decoys new generation.

Hopefully, TL-01 is successful, we will have the TL-02, TL-03, ... with more and more distant range, maneuverability Wildlife Vietnam, commanded, controlled at a high level of automation , covered the fire from the low net to level, remotely approaching, make sure to destroy any flying target national airspace infringement.

I saw that article too (didn't want to post it since I read it through google translate and that's always pretty bad). I think its just a Vietnamese version of the Igla, basically a domestic derivative of the Igla made under license. This was also hinted a few months ago when the head of Viettel said that they were designing a domestic air defense missile. Actually, that picture comes from that presentation.

There is no details, but I would hope that they can make larger versions with more range, lock after launch feature, etc. Such versions would be a bit like a baby Spyder with infrared seeker. Such system would be a good add on to the automated air defense guns that are being made, a bit like a baby Palma, baby Pantsyr, etc. I think is very possible.

LOL!

igla-1469005026939.jpg

Add a version of that missile to the recently announced domestic 30mm, gatling gun for air defense and you can have a baby Palma.

0aa-30mm.jpg

According to that article, the TL-01 or KC-1 project was NOT based on Igla-S or Igla-1 design. Strange.

According to that article, the TL-01 or KC-1 project was NOT based on Igla-S or Igla-1 design. Strange.

Oh, that makes it even more interesting. I didn't get that from the google translation, google translation is terrible.

Well, even better then, just couple that missile with a 30mm gatling and the eyeball with the infrared sensors and laser rangefinder and you have a baby Palma, these pics give the idea:

AK630-M with 9A4172 Vikhr SAM system.jpg
Remote-control, automated ‘smart’ gun with sensor.jpg

Last edited:
Vietnam to buy the number of tanks T-90MS larger than planned

Source: http://soha.vn/viet-nam-mua-so-luong-xe-tang-t-90ms-lon-hon-du-dinh-2016072011082741.htm

Good to hear VN is buying some of the T90MS

t-90ms-02-large-1468987221864-27-0-1048-2000-crop-1468987282463.jpg

New T90MS

photo-2-1468987025892.jpg

Old

In today's fight, even the kind has improved their fighting capabilities than modern weaponry is very low, they are considered the armored veterans bring historical value . Besides Vietnam, the Chinese military is also using a lot of this type of tank.

Therefore, to meet the needs of Vietnam has conducted meetings and ordering buy new tank T-90MS from Russia to gradually replace obsolete types. Representatives of Russia has stated that, Vietnam will buy much larger quantities than the original figure of only 28 units.

According to the manufacturer introduced uralvagonzavod, T-90MS tanks are equipped with the engine capacity of 1,130 horsepower with the automatic transmission 7 forward gears and one reverse gear, Sosna-U PNM viewfinder, automatically controlled turret UDP T05BV-1 RWS mounted 7.62 mm caliber Dalian, inertial navigation systems GLONASS and in particular with explosive reactive armor new enhanced protection capabilities.

Earlier it was reported that Vietnam has agreed to acquire T-90 or T-90A. They are earlier versions of T-90MS. Compare physical characteristics and their ability to fight is clearly superior to T-90MS.

Currently, the situation of the region and the world is increasingly complicated and potentially conflicting. So the military modernization is one of the urgent needs of our Army.

---------------------------------------------------

A clip of the T90MS vs TOW missile (Made in USA) in Syria

That missile didn't hit the tank. The tank has an active missile defense system which is really cool to watch.

Last edited:
So it is not clear yet what kind of built in seeker or guidance it uses, right?
Total mystery until I get my hands on it.

@vtnsx The T-90 in Syria doesn't have active protection system. It was hit in the front of turret, the ERA successfully deflected the penetration jet stream.

I saw that article too (didn't want to post it since I read it through google translate and that's always pretty bad). I think its just a Vietnamese version of the Igla, basically a domestic derivative of the Igla made under license. This was also hinted a few months ago when the head of Viettel said that they were designing a domestic air defense missile. Actually, that picture comes from that presentation.

There is no details, but I would hope that they can make larger versions with more range, lock after launch feature, etc. Such versions would be a bit like a baby Spyder with infrared seeker. Such system would be a good add on to the automated air defense guns that are being made, a bit like a baby Palma, baby Pantsyr, etc. I think is very possible.

Add a version of that missile to the recently announced domestic 30mm, gatling gun for air defense and you can have a baby Palma.

View attachment 319439

This missile was built using tech transfer which is similar to NATO I believe. It is a starting point into building smart missiles. The limited range is most likely due to the material being used, rocket size and type of rocket fuel used. But these are available on Earth.

Total mystery until I get my hands on it.

@vtnsx The T-90 in Syria doesn't have active protection system. It was hit in the front of turret, the ERA successfully deflected the penetration jet stream.

T-90 doesn't have the ERA, I agree.
The T-90MS does have that. The video was just an example but it's not a clear one.

Last edited:
Na perfecto ...

I believe that is coming. The gunship will become a missile ship.

Your sis madokafc is doing quite a bit of talking about you and others in the Indonesian thread (in Indonesian language only), I suggest you ignore her, no need to deal with this kind of people. You can see it here:

https://defence.pk/threads/indonesia-military-news-discussion-thread.229571/page-690

T-90 doesn't have the ERA, I agree.
The T-90MS does have that. The video was just an example but it's not a clear one.
ERA = Explosive Reactive Armor = that clam shell thingy on the turret front. This is a form of passive protection system which is default for T-90 MBT, no matter what variant we're talking about.

No T-90 variant in active combat at the moment is equipped with Active Protection System (i.e. Arena), only the T-80s do and they rarely carry them too.

Your sis madokafc is doing quite a bit of talking about you and others in the Indonesian thread (in Indonesian language only), I suggest you ignore her, no need to deal with this kind of people. You can see it here:

https://defence.pk/threads/indonesia-military-news-discussion-thread.229571/page-690
He he he

When I put the words down, I had calculated with "other" posters reactions. But I believe they should have more humor. my post was very mild as you can re-read it, I avoided mentioning any particular country, not going deep into details :D

According to this document, the next 4 Molniya boats (M7-M10) will be armed with [redacted] missile systems instead of the Uran-E (3M24E and KCT-15). The Russians have agreed with this requirement and they are considering the replacement for Garpun-B fire control radar.

13501825_965536000236027_4058512420306190859_n.jpg
Redacted? What is it? A code name for Kalibr?

Good news that we complete the program of 10 vessels. In my opinion we need more boats. More more boats. Because we need more presence in the SC sea.

He he he

When I put the words down, I had calculated with "other" posters reactions. But I believe they should have more humor. my post was very mild as you can re-read it, I avoided mentioning any particular country, not going deep into details :D

Redacted? What is it? A code name for Kalibr?

Redacted in this case meaning "edited".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom