What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Vietnam's military spending today is about 2.3% of its GDP. (FYI: China's spending rate is 1.9%).

If the VN military budget increases to the amount that you desired, it will be about 15% of the GDP, or equivalent to the total government revenue. That means government will completely ignore its responsibilities on education, on healthcare, on infrastructures, on pension and social relief, etc. Even no money paid to teachers and police!!

Of course, as you are living in Germany, so no need for you to be headache of all these. But people still live in Vietnam could not have such fortune as yours.

That's because we have a solid economy foundation!! We just spend 1.9% of our GDP on military, but your spending rate is 2.3%!
You seem to be a lazy guy as I notice you re-use the same texts. Haven't you noticed it? Try harder. I already read your post with nearly the same content elsewhere.

I am thinking Vietnam should acquire strategic weapon. Israel has nuclear weapons for her own survival as the Arab states threaten her with total annihilation. China as evidenced here as many Chinese posters threaten us with annihilation of the Viet race.

Do you think we should pay more attention to education?

By the way, within ASEAN we have the highest percentage of government spendings on health and education. What do you think why Vietnam always scores high in Pisa ranking? Why Vietnam health system doesn't need to hide before others in the region?

I think we're both talking about the same thing.

From Wiki

Weren't someone said they were looking for a 4000 ton of gold somewhere in Vietnam? lol

HOT: VN will produce thousands of modern air defense missile!

Source: http://soha.vn/nong-vn-se-san-xuat-hang-nghin-ten-lua-phong-khong-hien-dai-20160721102556988.htm

12799203-578838962291943-3192479801064633791-n-1468574899873-229-0-719-960-crop-1469071068321.jpg

As mentioned in the previous article " Vietnam made modern air defense missile: Surprise incredible! ", So far, the project made TL-01 missile has achieved positive results when scientists passionate school and our innovative technology mastered the fabrication of particularly important component of this type of short-range air defense missile this.

One of his achievements was the successful manufacture thermal batteries used for short-range air defense missile with a mission to provide energy for infrared homing head to catch the target.

No one else, the Engineers and scientist at the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Physical Chemistry Technical (Military Technical Academy) who deserve to be honored, the completion of research projects granted DOD " completing the thermal battery manufacturing technology for low-level air defense. "

To date, the project has completed the process of thermal battery manufacturing technology;building assembly lines have a capacity of 300 products / year and completed the construction of the technical standards for products.

Very glad to know, once we managed to manufacture batteries for low-altitude air defense missile, no reason to not heat the battery reaches the line more modern missiles, longer ranges.The main crux of the problem is there.

Will produce thousands of rocket air defense!

Upstream to find a little history is especially important role in air defense operations of the low-altitude air defense missile or (shoulder missile air defense).

Even when the Soviet air defense aid low-range A-72 (put into use in 1972), the ability to destroy low-flying targets of our Army has changed overall, prompting terrified enemies.

By the hands of the gunner yellow rocket, the first performance of the A-72 combat improved significantly, reaching 0.375 superior combat performance than 0.3 as calculated design manufacturer manufacturing (ie 1,000 shells killed 300 aircraft).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After mastering this and rocket technology. VN should lean towards Robotics and automation systems as well as Drones.

Real nice man, but it would be nice if they were to release some more details like what type of guidance, range, etc.

Yep Vietnam buy lot new equipment and it will add lot cost to maintance equipment to keep running

Yes, sophisticated equipment requires a serious amount of money every year for operations and maintenance. Need to find 2 gold mines, one to finance the purchasing and another one to finance the operations and maintenance. :P

You still unable to grasp the fact that, Vietnam got the backing of US, Japan, UK, France, Russia etc etc. If Israel able to spend 15% of GDP toward defence, then why not Vietnam?

And my dear friend its not good for a chinese to talk education, on healthcare and social relief, etc. When China willingly killing millions for organs.
Well I can understand their motives. Although our defense budget is small but We should spend lesser on our defense which in turn will make things easier for them to send us into the next gas chamber.

Prior the WW I, in order to catch up with the British Royal Navy, the germans financed the giant warship building program by deficit spending and taking loans from the common folks. Maybe we can copy :-)

There are a lot of complains already at the deficit at 63% of GDP bro.

Real nice man, but it would be nice if they were to release some more details like what type of guidance, range, etc.

Yes, sophisticated equipment requires a serious amount of money every year for operations and maintenance. Need to find 2 gold mines, one to finance the purchasing and another one to finance the operations and maintenance. :P

I think Vietnam need only one thing.
Changing the top leaders. In 10 years.
New Vietnam is much better and stronger

Last edited:
They still don't get it. It's not about having the ships, it's about knowing how to build the ships. You can spend billions importing your weapons like India, but end of the day, you are still at the mercy of your suppliers.

China used to be in the same situation in the past. Vietnam will get there, it will take some time, but it will get there. India is already self sufficient when it comes to surface ships and it will soon be in submarines also, including nuclear subs. They will need some help with aircraft carriers, but only for very sophisticated stuff like the electromagnetic catapults. They can afford to buy the best while China for example is using domestic jet engines that are extremely unreliable and get pilots killed. I prefer the Indian approach.

There are a lot of complains already at the deficit at 63% of GDP bro.
Even the government admits it. We have two biggest problems: corruption and incompetence. The latter in the form of many ineffective state owned enterprises produce but nothing than debts, causing our debt mountain to rise. Tackling this problem will make funds free for defense.

I think Vietnam need only one thing.
Changing the top leaders. In 10 years.
New Vietnam is much better and stronger

Welcome back bro. Please try not to get into more fights. The thread needs you.

Yes, many of those old fossil leaders need to go and let the younger generation, which is more capable get in, but I have to say that I feel very good about PM Phuc (so far).

Welcome back bro. Please try not to get into more fights. The thread needs you.

Yes, many of those old fossil leaders need to go and let the younger generation, which is more capable get in, but I have to say that I feel very good about PM Phuc (so far).

Actually, recent two bans come with no warnings, so I don't know why.
Ask them about it, not any reply.

When I am aboard, I feel our Vietnam has many advantages, good natural conditions...
but no leaders took advantage of them, and any change is very slow.

Btw, The National Assembly meeting is ongoing. Let's hope for better changes.

Even the government admits it. We have two biggest problems: corruption and incompetence. The latter in the form of many ineffective state owned enterprises produce but nothing than debts, causing our debt mountain to rise. Tackling this problem will make funds free for defense.

Correct, corruption, incompetence and mismanagement are the big problems in Vietnam. When there is no accountability and government officials do as they please, that's the result. These issues are endemic and actually getting worse.

One example: golf courses, there are like a 100 already in Vietnam, but....... there is no regulations whatsoever, they discharge tons of chemicals that contaminate the water supply, that's how they keep the green lawn looking so beautiful. In Thailand there are very strong regulations, they have to have a layer undergrounds to not let the chemicals filtered down, etc, etc. In Vietnam, no problem, go ahead and do it, but please don't forget the red envelopes for me. Can the local people do anything about that? No!

Same story with the environmental regulations with industry, they don't check anything, they just let them do whatever they want and only when there is a disaster, then they come to check. Useless leadership.

Actually, recent two bans come with no warnings, so I don't know why.
Ask them about it, not any reply.

When I am aboard, I feel our Vietnam has many advantages, good natural conditions...
but no leaders took advantage of them, and any change is very slow.

Btw, The National Assembly meeting is ongoing. Let's hope for better changes.

You are being targeted because of your past fights with the chinese, its better that you don't get involved with them at all, avoid the discussions with them man. Just my suggestion.

Last edited:
As I noticed 2 pages of China and Far east , all thread now created by Chinese, and with "China, Chinese, Beijing, Shanghai ... in the title. and Several Vietnamese, Indian, PH members banned

As I noticed 2 pages of China and Far east , all thread now created by Chinese, and with "China, Chinese, Beijing, Shanghai ... in the title. and Several Vietnamese, Indian, PH members banned

Yes, typical Pakistani-chinese controlled forum. I think we should make our own forum, in English, but our own and open to everybody; anybody that comes to troll, BANNED! I have some plans for that, we can put a team together and do it, why not? What do you think?

What do you say @Viet @Silent Knight @vtnsx @Aqsuperman etc, are you in?

Last edited:
Yes, typical Pakistani-chinese controlled forum. I think we should make our own forum, in English, but our own and open to everybody; anybody that comes to troll, BANNED! I have some plans for that, we can put a team together and do it, why not? What do you think?

Indian defence is good but quiet . how can you spice the forum up ?

i will visit bro, and make indonesia thread

Back
Top Bottom