What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Triumfvn bro, are you in the MP forum? In that case, what's your name there?
bro, I discovered you on the MP forum. Nice discussions here, some more info available than here in this thread. I will copy some info from the MP into this thread for discussions. Triumfvn and Silent Knight may possibly have insider information. Though, I´m not sure of anything.

My friend, can I ask you what's your opinion regarding what new weapon systems the second and third batch of Gepards will have? We've been wondering what do they have for the price to go to $350 million each.

We know that there is a anti-sub package and probably 2 Palmas in the back, but not much else is clear. There is a lot of speculation about maybe having air defense missiles, maybe Shtil-1, etc, but nothing is clear. Also maybe a reduct VLS. Can you make the picture a bit more clear for us?
I think, in order to accomodate a new VLS, we need more space on the gepard. the ship needs to be longer in size. the new Gepard must be bigger and have double firepower, otherwise I don´t see why we pay $350 million each. but what system is it, this redut VLS for the Gepard? is it against ships or aircraft?

Currently we have 4k44B Redut-M, a mobile coastal defence system with P-35 missiles (Shaddock) against enemy maritime targets as vessels and military installations. here pics from the Vietnam #679 missile unit.

Specs:

Shoot the farthest distance: 300km
Last shot distance: 12km
Cruise altitude: 400-7,000m
final approaching to target: 24-100m
4 missiles can be fired in one go

Last edited:
bro, I discovered you on the MP forum. Nice discussions here, some more info available than here in this thread. I will copy some info from the MP into this thread for discussions. Triumfvn and Silent Knight may possibly have insider information. Though, I´m not sure of anything.

I think, in order to accomodate a new VLS, we need more space on the gepard. the ship needs to be longer in size. the new Gepard must be bigger and have double firepower, otherwise I don´t see why we pay $350 million each. but what system is it, this redut VLS for the Gepard? is it against ships or aircraft?

Currently we have 4k44B Redut-M, a mobile coastal defence system with P-35 missiles (Shaddock) against enemy maritime targets. here pics from the Vietnam #679 missile unit.

Specs:

No, This is a new naval air defense system range up to 150km, check it out on internet.
But i can not post any link

No, This is a new naval air defense system range up to 150km, check it out on internet.
okie, so it is something similar installed on Russia steregushchiy-class frigate? Redut SAM VLS is visible placed behind the 100 mm gun. this steregushchiy frigate has similar displacement and weapons onboard as our current gepard.

interesting: the article quotes there is a project 20385. the steregushchiy ship class will be larger, and has an eight-cell UKSK VLS launcher for SS-N-27 missiles (same on our Kilo subs). The Redut VLS will be expanded to 16 tubes.

Steregushchiy frigate programme makes progress, but faces obstacles - IHS Jane's 360

1531367_-_main[1].jpg

yes. Redut is an sam system suit for light frigate or FAC, that why I always want to use it on Vietnamese ships

Many greetings from the wonderful Crimea!

Russia TV Rossiya 24 reports Vietnam subhunter helo Ka-28 being sent to Crimea/Sevastopol for maintenance, especially with Sonar system VGS-3 for detecting enemy subs.

hinh-anh-truc-thang-ka28-viet-nam-bay-thu-tai-crimea_151344378.jpg

hinh-anh-truc-thang-ka28-viet-nam-bay-thu-tai-crimea_151351168.jpg

hinh-anh-truc-thang-ka28-viet-nam-bay-thu-tai-crimea_151350344.jpg

hinh-anh-truc-thang-ka28-viet-nam-bay-thu-tai-crimea_151345665.jpg

Last edited:
Any Vietnam friend has any info regarding the upcoming visit of defence min. of Vietnam?

yes. Redut is an sam system suit for light frigate or FAC, that why I always want to use it on Vietnamese ships
well, to get redut onboard, the gepard needs to be re-designed or enlarged. either we relocate the naval cannon further to the bow (like the steregushchiy-class frigate), or we stretch the ship, make it longer. the latter is a better option. our actual gepard has no space for redut. see picture.

But all is a guessing game. I´m afraid we must wait until the new gepards arrive in vietnam :D

image201003171306543885[1].jpg

Any Vietnam friend has any info regarding the upcoming visit of defence min. of Vietnam?
no report in vietnam media yet. I note indian media posts the news that VN defence minister will meet Manohar Parrikar later this week. I think we can expect more details in the next days.

Last edited:
well, to get redut onboard, the gepard needs to be designed or enlarged. either we relocate the naval cannon further to the bow (like the steregushchiy-class frigate), or we stretch the ship, make it longer. the latter is a better option. our actual gepard has no space for redut. see picture.

View attachment 184044

no report in vietnam media yet. I note indian media posts the news that VN defence minister will meet Manohar Parrikar later this week. I think we can expect more details in the next days.
It was reported in indian media that it would be the 1st time defence min of both countries discuss defence relations bcz earlier defence talks was limited to defence secretary level,also your def. min is 2nd in communist party.

I hope relation between our country grow strong in future.

Viet bro, come over to MP man, no chinese trolls there.

SK is the admin for comcom, he works for the navy and he often travel overseas to the factories that make stuff for VN or that VN is considering. He knows what's going on, but he can only say so much as you know. There are good quality people in that forum, but sometimes they get lazy to post, I think we are changing that now.

I'm waiting for Triumfvn to tell me his name in that forum; I know that Soryu is also there and I think Boq77 is also there. Its nice to see kaku1 there.

Currently we have 4k44B Redut-M, a mobile coastal defence system with P-35 missiles (Shaddock) against enemy maritime targets as vessels and military installations. here pics from the Vietnam #679 missile unit.

Specs:

What's the name of that system?

Last edited:
Redut vls is for small size missiles such as KH-35, etc, while USSK vls gets used for large missiles like brahmos, club, etc.

Specs:

Kaku bro, don't think too much about the guy in MP that you argued with yesterday. He gets like that easily, just a bit aggressive, sometimes with me too. He is ok in general and he has good knowledge.

Stupid question, but how to reply in MP? It saying my account doest have privilege to reply? :/

Kaku bro, don't think too much about the guy in MP that you argued with yesterday. He gets like that easily, just a bit aggressive, sometimes with me too. He is ok in general and he has good knowledge.
Naa,,its fine, i just lost my temper there. He raised the issues which i never meant to.

Viet bro, come over to MP man, no chinese trolls there.

SK is the admin for comcom, he works for the navy and he often travel overseas to the factories that make stuff for VN or that VN is considering. He knows what's going on, but he can only say so much as you know. There are good quality people in that forum, but sometimes they get lazy to post, I think we are changing that now.

I'm waiting for Triumfvn to tell me his name in that forum; I know that Soryu is also there and I think Boq77 is also there. Its nice to see kaku1 there.
YEAH I´m coming...Want to see new viet members there.

Back
Top Bottom