What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

It was reported in indian media that it would be the 1st time defence min of both countries discuss defence relations bcz earlier defence talks was limited to defence secretary level,also your def. min is 2nd in communist party.

I hope relation between our country grow strong in future.
this one news may be of your special interest?

India´s GRSE has completed the design of a 140-ton fast patrol boats for our Navy. Thanh may want to make a visit to the shipyard. From the previous news, Vietnam wants 10 highspeed vessels, that operate a quick reaction force near coast. India will deliver the first batch of 5 vessels. If we are satisfied with the boats performance, the second batch can come.

Vietnam, India seek to cement defense ties
Thanh Nien News
Thursday, January 15, 2015 14:00

ttxvnphungquangthanh_RXHA.jpg

Vietnam's Minister of Defense Phung Quang Thanh will visit India later this week for strategic talks to cement bilateral military ties, the Times of India reported.

The newspaper quotes government sources as saying Minister Thanh will chair a defense dialogue along with his Indian counterpart Manohar Parrikar.

It will be Vietnam's first strategic defense dialogue with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government, which is seeking to expand military cooperation with the Southeast Asian country, according to the Times of India. Until now, similar dialogues have been chaired by defense secretaries from India and deputy defense ministers from Vietnam. The upcoming dialogue will be the first ministerial-level one.

Last year, India offered a US$100 million concessional line of credit (LoC) for Vietnam to acquire new naval vessels from India.

During PM Nguyen Tan Dung’s visit to India in October last year, his Indian counterpart Modi said that the two countries would move quickly to implement the LoC.

The two PMs said in a joint statement after their meeing that "freedom of navigation and overflight in the East Sea should not be impeded and called the parties concerned to exercise restraint, avoid threats or use of force".
Despite warnings from China, Indian oil and gas group ONGC Videsh and PetroVietnam signed an agreement last year for exploration of new oil and gas projects in Vietnam.

India’s Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) is finalizing the design of a series of 140-ton fast patrol boats for the Vietnam Navy. This is the first time an Indian shipyard has been commissioned to design and build a warship to specifications formulated by a buyer country.

No, I meant the new air defense system that has a 150 km range.
that is Redut, it can contain 3 type of SAM :
- 48N6E2 SAM range up to 200 km
- 9M96D/9M96M/9M96E2 SAM range up to 120-150 km
- 9M96E SAM range up to 40-50 km

India´s GRSE has completed the design of a 140-ton fast patrol boats for our Navy. Thanh may want to make a visit to the shipyard. From the previous news, Vietnam wants 10 highspeed vessels, that operate a quick reaction force near coast. India will deliver the first batch of 5 vessels. If we are satisfied with the boats performance, the second batch can come.

Thanh Nien News

Vietnam's Minister of Defense Phung Quang Thanh will visit India later this week for strategic talks to cement bilateral military ties, the Times of India reported.

The newspaper quotes government sources as saying Minister Thanh will chair a defense dialogue along with his Indian counterpart Manohar Parrikar.

It will be Vietnam's first strategic defense dialogue with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government, which is seeking to expand military cooperation with the Southeast Asian country, according to the Times of India. Until now, similar dialogues have been chaired by defense secretaries from India and deputy defense ministers from Vietnam. The upcoming dialogue will be the first ministerial-level one.

Last year, India offered a US$100 million concessional line of credit (LoC) for Vietnam to acquire new naval vessels from India.

During PM Nguyen Tan Dung’s visit to India in October last year, his Indian counterpart Modi said that the two countries would move quickly to implement the LoC.

The two PMs said in a joint statement after their meeing that "freedom of navigation and overflight in the East Sea should not be impeded and called the parties concerned to exercise restraint, avoid threats or use of force".
Despite warnings from China, Indian oil and gas group ONGC Videsh and PetroVietnam signed an agreement last year for exploration of new oil and gas projects in Vietnam.

India’s Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd (GRSE) is finalizing the design of a series of 140-ton fast patrol boats for the Vietnam Navy. This is the first time an Indian shipyard has been commissioned to design and build a warship to specifications formulated by a buyer country.
thanks, your def min looks like a war vet more than a minister.

An interesting article from the Bangkok Post. our Thai friend condemns Indonesia act of sinking neighbors´ fishing vessels, accusing the new elected Indo president of lying (overstating the cost of illegal fishing) and splitting ASEAN by his ego nationalistic policy. The author suggests Vietnam and Thai authorities should retaliate.

Indonesia is wrong
Published: 5 Jan 2015 at 06.00 | Viewed: 14,142 | Comments: 11Newspaper section: News The South China Sea, already one of the most tense areas of the world, became more dangerous last...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:Indonesia is wrong | Bangkok Post: opinion View our policies at Bangkok Post: Terms and conditions of use and Bangkok Post: Republishing policy © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

And what a coincidence: the Thai defence minister, General Prawit Wongsuwon just paid a visit to Vietnam. I assume he wants to discuss how both countries should response to indonesian provocation. Nice.

20150115094358-1.jpg

Last edited:

Thanh Nien News

Let's hope you guys like our Ships :enjoy::enjoy:

thanks, your def min looks like a war vet more than a minister.
yes, Thanh is a war vet, indeed. Many Generals in the army had fought during the war.
300px-Phung_Quang_Thanh_2010[1].JPG

yes, it is just the beginning. I believe if we are happy, we will go for more capital ships as corvette, frigate or destroyer :D

Kaku bro, don't think too much about the guy in MP that you argued with yesterday. He gets like that easily, just a bit aggressive, sometimes with me too. He is ok in general and he has good knowledge.
bro, I´m about the sign up to MP. How are your experiences with the site untill yet? I want to stay anonymous.

bro, I´m about the sign up to MP. How are your experiences with the site untill yet? I want to stay anonymous.

I've been there much longer than in PDF. Higher quality people there in terms of their knowledge.
Very strict rules, no trolling. The thread is mainly about pics and discussing the pics, sometimes people complain if there is too much discussion. I think you'll like it, go for it.

An interesting article from the Bangkok Post. our Thai friend condemns Indonesia act of sinking neighbors´ fishing vessels, accusing the new elected Indo president of lying (overstating the cost of illegal fishing) and splitting ASEAN by his ego nationalistic policy. The author suggests Vietnam and Thai authorities should retaliate.

Indonesia is wrong
Published: 5 Jan 2015 at 06.00 | Viewed: 14,142 | Comments: 11Newspaper section: News The South China Sea, already one of the most tense areas of the world, became more dangerous last...

Please credit and share this article with others using this link:Indonesia is wrong | Bangkok Post: opinion View our policies at Bangkok Post: Terms and conditions of use and Bangkok Post: Republishing policy © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

And what a coincidence: the Thai defence minister, General Prawit Wongsuwon just paid a visit to Vietnam. I assume he wants to discuss how both countries should response to indonesian provocation. Nice.

20150115094358-1.jpg

What the Indonesians don't say is that their fishing boats also fish in the other countries waters.

that is Redut, it can contain 3 type of SAM :
- 48N6E2 SAM range up to 200 km
- 9M96D/9M96M/9M96E2 SAM range up to 120-150 km
- 9M96E SAM range up to 40-50 km

Reduct is only the name of the VLS system, is unrelated to the missiles used, it can also use anti-ship missiles like the KH-35.

The missiles that you are mentioning belong to the naval version of S-300 / 400.

carlosa and friends, I registered at MP. pending on activation. my avatar is the user if you want to know my name there :-)

I like this Infantry weapon: cheap but effective.
Vietnam first ever made toy in 2014: SPG-9T2 produced by Z125 factory, firing rate 6 artillery shells/min, range max 1,300m, operated by 2 soldiers.
sung-spg9t2-thanh-tuu-quoc-phong-viet-nam-2014_15548367[1].jpg

sung-spg9t2-thanh-tuu-quoc-phong-viet-nam-2014_15549659[1].jpg

sung-spg9t2-thanh-tuu-quoc-phong-viet-nam-2014_15549829[1].jpg

sung-spg9t2-thanh-tuu-quoc-phong-viet-nam-2014_15551372[1].jpg

carlosa and friends, I registered at MP. pending on activation. my avatar is the user if you want to know my name there :-)

I like this Infantry weapon: cheap but effective.
Vietnam first ever made toy in 2014: SPG-9T2 produced by Z125 factory, firing rate 6 artillery shells/min, range max 1,300m, operated by 2 soldiers.
View attachment 184537

View attachment 184538

View attachment 184539

View attachment 184540

That's great bro, I'll look for you there!

Yes, those anti tank rockets are pretty good and cheap as you said.

Holy Moly ! He looks like one of my favorite singers, the great Toba Ichiro

CRCN-1571.jpg

LOL...bro, I don´t see much of similarities.

in contrast to the previous news, not the defence minister, but his deputy Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh visits India. As I predicted, despite he is tight-lipped, he says VN Navy wants more than 4 vessels. The other remarkble note is General Vinh says Vietnam has "very high trust" with India. VN works on a MOD with India on defence industry and information technology. Nice.

Need closer strategic partnership with India: Vietnam - The Economic Times
By PTI | 18 Jan, 2015, 03.08PM IST

2144508942.jpg

Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh (right) and his Indian counterpart Shri R K Mathur, at the Headquarters of the Indian Ministry of National Defence in New Delhi.

army_ap.jpg

Vietnam has a long wish list from India which includes buying of at least four patrol boats, training of Vietnamese Air Force pilots to fly Sukhoi fighter jets.

NEW DELHI: Drastic changes in regional security has created a need for closer bilateral strategic partnership with India, a top Vietnamese official said as the country beefs up its defence capabilities amid territorial dispute with China in the South China Sea.

"Because of very drastic change in regional security, it has set the need for a closer cooperation between our two countries. Mostly in terms of strategic partnership," Vietnam's Vice Minister of Defence Senior Lieutenant General Nguyen Chi Vinh said.

He did not explain what the drastic changes were but Vietnam is engaged in a confrontation with China in South China Sea over territorial sovereignty. Vietnam has a long wish list from India which includes buying of at least four patrol boats, training of Vietnamese Air Force pilots to fly Sukhoi fighter jets and even BrahMos missiles, among others.

The country wants to soon operationalise the $ 100 million Line of Credit (LoC) for defence procurement extended by India recently and is in the process of identifying a shipyard in the country to buy the patrol vessels.

The minister, who was here for strategic defence dialogue, underlined that Vietnam has "very high trust" with India on issues of national defence.

Talking about the Line of Credit, he said Vietnam is yet to decide on the number of vessels to be bought but said it was not just four. He said the vessels would be used to patrol its water and Exclusive Economic Zone.

Vietnam wants the vessel for surveillance off its coast and around its military bases in the Spratly island chain in the South China Sea where it is building a credible naval deterrent to China with Kilo-class submarines from Russia.

Martime patrol aircraft: M28B Bryza (Poland)

Specs: 2 aircraft in service since 2003, range 1,365km, speed 350km/h, sweeping radar (range 160 km), monitoring 30 targets at any given time, detecting enemy subs by sensing changes in the electronic magnetic field or infrared detectors (FLIR) or acoustic signals (bouy).

m28-311-jpg-26918-1-1420906734310-73-0-595-1023-crop-1420906821491.jpg

can-canh-may-bay-tuan-tham-bien-hien-dai-dau-tien-cua-viet-nam.jpg

LOL...bro, I don´t see much of similarities.

I was thinking the same thing.

Martime patrol aircraft: M28B Bryza (Poland)

Specs: 2 aircraft in service since 2003, range 1,365km, speed 350km/h, sweeping radar (range 160 km), monitoring 30 targets at any given time, detecting enemy subs by sensing changes in the electronic magnetic field or infrared detectors (FLIR) or acoustic signals (bouy).

No longer in service since one of those 2 aircraft crashed killing all the people on board. The VPA no longer trust that aircraft since the crash so its not used anymore.

No longer in service since one of those 2 aircraft crashed killing all the people on board. The VPA no longer trust that aircraft since the crash so its not used anymore.
oh...I did not know it. too bad. that means we will have to await the replacement. by the way, my account on MP is not activated yet by mod there. Don´t know when it is going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom