What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

i gave Long Binh as a hint because its partly related to the weapon that Vietnam will receive/develop in the future. the IBM report said they "expect" vietnam to pursuit nuclear warhead with assisstance to expand on the missile stock from India or Russia.
it also mentioned the possibility of biological/chemical weapon given the political will and regional circumstances
I had predicted such thing would come. possessing nuclear weapons makes sense, as you say it: "given regional circumstances", but I don´t see any sense of developing biological/chemical weapons. what is the use of such things for? that is a terrible idea. we no longer live in a world before WWI.

I can't find anything searching in English, can you post some of what you found?
he he he, bro, no english, but some rumours in two vietnamese sites.
34.PNG

I had predicted such thing would come. possessing nuclear weapons makes sense, as you say it: "given regional circumstances", but I don´t see any sense of developing biological/chemical weapons. what is the use of such things for? that is a terrible idea. we no longer live in a world before WWI.

he he he, bro, no english, but some rumours in two vietnamese sites.
View attachment 183547

Ok,ok, I get the idea, thank you bro. I also like the idea of developing nuclear warheads for the ballistic missiles.

On another note, the admin from comcom posted in the MP forum that VN is developing a 4500 ton frigate with Damen.

Ok,ok, I get the idea, thank you bro. I also like the idea of developing nuclear warheads for the ballistic missiles.

On another note, the admin from comcom posted in the MP forum that VN is developing a 4500 ton frigate with Damen.
wow, that is a pretty fkcing cool news: 4,500 tons frigate. so something like this: Sigmar frigate 9813.
Naval_combatant.jpg

Yeah, I think it may carry Aster-30 air defense missile, how about 1500 tons war ship you mention before

wow, that is a pretty fkcing cool news: 4,500 tons frigate. so something like this: Sigmar frigate 9813.
View attachment 183572

No, not like that, the Sigma 9813 is about the same size as the one that VN is getting now. It should be much bigger, no info yet.

Yeah, I think it may carry Aster-30 air defense missile, how about 1500 tons war ship you mention before

Can't find any info on that one, nobody is talking, which means that is happening.

If Vietnam order such big frigate, it's too fast and too furious. They are for 2021-2025 plan, may be.

Stupid question, but how to reply in MP? It saying my account doest have privilege to reply? :/

Are you talking about the MP forum? That's very strange once you have membership, I really don't know.

with yakhont and barak missiles onboard.

That's the right combination bro !!!

If Vietnam order such big frigate, it's too fast and too furious. They are for 2021-2025 plan, may be.

Whenever it is, they are welcome, :welcome: VN needs something heavier.

By the way, do you know anything about the domestic project that VN is developing? I only know that is bigger than Molniya and about 1000 tons or so, something like a follow on of the Molniya class.

Now I know who you are, good job mate, I often look at your facebook page.

Last edited:
I was against the possession of nuclear weapon, but changed my mind after the chinese deployed the oil rig into our EEZ. It was not JUST about the act of deploying the oil rig, but their attitudes during the confrontation. they not only sent a huge number of civil, fishing and patrol vessels including warships and aircraft into our waters, but refused to talk with their viet counterparts. one of their media threatened with war. Such ARROGANCE of power.

the way for Vietnam to nuclear weapons possession goes over a strategic relationship with America. the americans hold all the cards in the hands. in this regard, I´m optismistic about the growing relation with America. the new US embassor to Vietnam, Theodore Osius, promised during a meeting to make America to the #1 investor within 2-3 years. That is a very good news for us. That means they want to top S Korea, that invested $4b last year in VN. a strong army requires a strong economy.

ambassador.jpg.ashx

no, we need BIG and BIGGER warships. we are not dealing with the siamese navy. have you seen what kind of warships the chinese have right now, and they plan? what our navy has, is nothing.

I was against the possession of nuclear weapon, but changed my mind after the chinese deployed the oil rig into our EEZ. It was not JUST about the act of deploying the oil rig, but their attitudes during the confrontation. they not only sent a huge number of civil, fishing and patrol vessels including warships and aircraft into our waters, but refused to talk with their viet counterparts. one of their media threatened with war. Such ARROGANCE of power.

the way for Vietnam to nuclear weapons possession goes over a strategic relationship with America. the americans hold all the cards in the hands. in this regard, I´m optismistic about the growing relation with America. the new US embassor to Vietnam, Theodore Osius, promised during a meeting to make America to the #1 investor within 2-3 years. That is a very good news for us. That means they want to top S Korea, that invested $4b last year in VN.

ambassador.jpg.ashx

Same with me, I was also opposed and changed my mind because of the oil rig. The chinese shown their true colors and made clear that talking with them is just a waste of time. Any treaty or agreement with them is not worth the paper that is written on. They will break it at the moment that it suits them.

Same with me, I was also opposed and changed my mind because of the oil rig. The chinese shown their true colors and made clear that talking with them is just a waste of time. Any treaty or agreement with them is not worth the paper that is written on. They will break it at the moment that it suits them.
Best way is that, directly import some designs from India, and make them. Best is Israeli way, never accept to the world, but keep these big sticks for any eventuality.

Are you talking about the MP forum? That's very strange once you have membership, I really don't know.
Yes:/

Back
Top Bottom