What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

a pic of the Kilo #3:
HQ 184- Hải Phòng

091214taungam[1].jpg

Why not Vietnam teams up with Malaysia, Indonesia and Korea?
we welcome military cooperation will all friendly states, but if it comes to a military alliance, it makes only sense if we team up with a military/economics nuclear weapons state superpower. none of those above fulfill these criteria. Malaysia, Indonesia and Korea cannot provide us with the security we need should it come to armed confrontation with China.

the Chinese have no sense of humour if we close a military alliance with America or other great powers NOW.

Why not Vietnam teams up with Malaysia, Indonesia and Korea?

Team up for what exactly? Arm purchases?

we welcome military cooperation will all friendly states, but if it comes to a military alliance, it makes only sense if we team up with a military/economics nuclear weapons state superpower. none of those above fulfill these criteria. Malaysia, Indonesia and Korea cannot provide us with the security we need should it come to armed confrontation with China.

the Chinese have no sense of humour if we close a military alliance with America or other great powers NOW.

Definitely, Korea is not involved at all in the SCS and is certainly not going to get involved. Malaysia? My God, their response to chinese intrusions is to pretend that it didn't happen "Chinese ships in James Shoal? No, we didn't see anything, it didn't happen" Amazing and shameful. Indonesia is neutral at this point.

1526700_547253545377291_3577660190528225719_n.jpg
* Sources claimed that a few days ago, the An-124 has landed and unloaded the first batch of Vietnamese third Su-30MK2 regiments. These aircrafts will stay in familiar air base to wait for their air base to complete its new infrastructure. After the Lunar New Year, these aircrafts will fly to their new home base. By that time, all Air Defense Regions will have at least one regiment of 4th and 4++ gen aircrafts.

Great news, I've been waiting to hear this.

part of our air defence reminds me of the second world war.

10476341_648819165241047_6941532538223770712_o[1].jpg
bs-dowding-12-DW-Kultur-Frankfurt-Archiv[1].jpg

I copy the pics from other VN military thread: (Vietnam) Indochinese troops in France during WW1.
the French were very satisfied with the performance of the Vietnamese as they fought very well on battlefields. seom 50,000 vietnamese soldiers were recruited and deployed to France and other war theaters. After the war, many remained in France married with French women, while the rest returned to Indochina. all of them received benefits such as house, money payments from the French government.

Kb3AGmH.jpg

IMTgf70.jpg

smaIto8.jpg

9gdrd1h.jpg

irAdWiZ.jpg

0x5fx7L.jpg

Last edited:
russia state media "voice of russia" confirms: vietnam possesses air defense systems Tor and Buk.

Nga: Việt Nam sở hữu hệ thống phòng không Tor và Buk - DVO - Báo Đất Việt
View attachment 163958

View attachment 163959

You got ahead of me, I was about to post the article, very interesting about the Tor, I knew about the Buk, but for the Tor I only knew rumors that were not very solid, so I thought it was a low chance, but no.

@Black Flag So much for SIPRI

russia state media "voice of russia" confirms: vietnam possesses air defense systems Tor and Buk.

Nga: Việt Nam sở hữu hệ thống phòng không Tor và Buk - DVO - Báo Đất Việt
View attachment 163958

View attachment 163959

Tor-M2 is a very nice system, everything in 1 vehicle, search radar, tracking radar and 16 missiles. Same idea as the Pantsir but no cannon. I believe the Tor-M2 of Vietnam is on wheels. 12 km range. It can fire at 4 targets at the same time with 2 missiles at each target.

TOR-M2 TOR-M2E SA-15D.jpg
Tor-M2_on_display_1.jpg
tor-m2e_large.jpg
TorM2_prev02.jpgf328cc1f-57e3-4c61-8f55-cda63447758aLarge.jpg
ZRK_Tor_M2K_1.jpg
ZRK_Tor_M2K_main2.jpg

Last edited:
Remarkable, emotional words from Ted Osius, the new US Ambassador to Vietnam and John Kerry, Secretary of State. I´m impressed.

Ted Osius:

"Today marks a dream come true for my family and me. We are deeply grateful for all the support we have received, especially from those of you who are here today….A strong, prosperous, and independent Vietnam that respects the rule of law and human rights will be a critical partner for the United States on many regional and global challenges that we face together. That will be my leitmotif as well.”

“The Vietnamese people are the children of two winged creatures: the dragon from the sea and the fairy from the mountains. Through our partnership, we are ready to support the people of Vietnam as they soar higher and farther.”,

Dai_su_Ted_Osius_tuyen_the_copy_GFRE[1].jpg

Ngoai_truong_Kerry_phat_bieu_tai_le_tuyen_the_copy_UIDZ[1].jpg

John Kerry:

"We’re deepening our people-to-people relationship by sending literally tens of thousands of our students to study in each other’s countries. And we are collaborating on climate change, renewable energy.” He said.

Ted is leaving for a Vietnam that is so extraordinarily different from the one that a lot of us got to know when we were younger, and it’s one of Asia’s great economic success stories and a transformation that is quite remarkable and still underway. Ted Osius was one of the brave Americans who observed this transformation firsthand and helped to make it happen. That’s why you couldn’t have a better ambassador.”

Last edited:
Remarkable, emotional words from Ted Osius, the new US Ambassador to Vietnam and John Kerry, Secretary of State. I´m impressed.

Ted Osius:

"Today marks a dream come true for my family and me. We are deeply grateful for all the support we have received, especially from those of you who are here today….A strong, prosperous, and independent Vietnam that respects the rule of law and human rights will be a critical partner for the United States on many regional and global challenges that we face together. That will be my leitmotif as well.”

“The Vietnamese people are the children of two winged creatures: the dragon from the sea and the fairy from the mountains. Through our partnership, we are ready to support the people of Vietnam as they soar higher and farther.”,

View attachment 163984

View attachment 163986

John Kerry:

"We’re deepening our people-to-people relationship by sending literally tens of thousands of our students to study in each other’s countries. And we are collaborating on climate change, renewable energy.” He said.

Ted is leaving for a Vietnam that is so extraordinarily different from the one that a lot of us got to know when we were younger, and it’s one of Asia’s great economic success stories and a transformation that is quite remarkable and still underway. Ted Osius was one of the brave Americans who observed this transformation firsthand and helped to make it happen. That’s why you couldn’t have a better ambassador.”

Nice !!!!!!

By the way, Does anybody know where is nice guy? He got banned again?

Back
Top Bottom