What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

The 4th sub will come at the beginning of 2015.
The 5th sub will come at the end of 2015.
The 6th sub will come at the beginning of 2016.

The 2nd batch of 2 Molniya ships will be delivered in the 2nd quarter of 2015
The 3rd batch of 2 Molniya ships will be delivered in the 2nd quarter of 2016

The 2 Gepards will be delivered by the end of 2016

That's the latest schedule.

I believe the 2 Sigmas will be delivered in 2016 and 2017, but I haven't seen any official schedule.

2016 is the key year for the completion of 3 naval programs.
nice summary, bro. thoughconsidering the strength of chinese naval fleet, I think this figure is still too low. we need more assets at sea, especially more subs. seems the russians can build subs very quickly.

Yes, the tropical humid air has more salinity than high latitude areas. I can't answer this question, coz i saw ur Su-22 also stay in open hangar for many years.
well, not only our SU-22 but other aircraft types are stored in open hangars. terrible. everybody knows hardened aircraft shelter provide some degrees of protection against enemy attacks. In 1967, Israeli launched a preemptive strike on Egypt and destroyed nearly all egyptian aircraft on the ground.
800px-HAS_Bruggen[1].jpg

well, not only our SU-22 but other aircraft types are stored in open hangars. terrible. everybody knows hardened aircraft shelter provide some degrees of protection against enemy attacks. In 1967, Israeli launched a preemptive strike on Egypt and destroyed nearly all egyptian aircraft on the ground.
View attachment 161748
They just without "Smart" Bomb
15462915.jpg

nice summary, bro. thoughconsidering the strength of chinese naval fleet, I think this figure is still too low. we need more assets at sea, especially more subs. seems the russians can build subs very quickly.

View attachment 161748

Yes, of course. They are already looking into more subs, Amur 950 and 1650.

Those programs are just a first step, have to start somewhere bro.

I agree about the lack of hardened shelters, every little bit helps.

Last edited:
bad or what? think twice before you answer or else... :D

Su-100 tank destroyers. unbelieveable, but the tanks are active.
View attachment 161821
ww2 remains? how you guys maintaning it? do the russians still produced its part after 60 years? and how many which still running?

man vietnam should really consider these beasts

t-90s_01.jpg

actually i prefer T-90's rather than Leopards o_O but in the end it doesn't even matter :woot:

ww2 remains? how you guys maintaning it? do the russians still produced its part after 60 years? and how many which still running?

man vietnam should really consider these beasts

View attachment 162204

actually i prefer T-90's rather than Leopards o_O but in the end it doesn't even matter :woot:

The T-90 is already in the bag, but no official announcement yet.

early than expected

this one

C295M.jpg

and next

2-f51f0.jpg

From my homeland to my new home. Not bad, more to come. :enjoy:

that is not secret. vietnamese people are famous for using things until they fell apart after 100 years. we maintain the tanks very well, and keep them operational despite their ages. our army factories can produce spare parts and technicians can repair the tanks. how many tanks we have today in operation? some foreign sources guess we have more than 3,000 tanks. that is a realistic number.

Yes, of course. They are already looking into more subs, Amur 950 and 1650.

Those programs are just a first step, have to start somewhere bro.

I agree about the lack of hardened shelters, every little bit helps.
man I can´t wait to hear the navy places the order for the amur.

Back
Top Bottom