What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

...not much info disclosed by the army. how many systems or so, at all and what is used for? the range of this tactical missile seems to be 150 km as the video reveals.
View attachment 157599

No disclosure as usual. I used to read that the Marines will use them in the islands to hit enemy amphibious vessels and could also be used to hit enemy garrisons, particularly now that China is enlarging islands and setting up bases there.

No disclosure as usual. I used to read that the Marines will use them in the islands to hit enemy amphibious vessels and could also be used to hit enemy garrisons, particularly now that China is enlarging islands and setting up bases there.
that makes sense. the video shows a tube installation, that can be mounted on vessels.

In your opinion, which are the best facebook pages to get news and info about the vietnamese military?
Some staff of GDQP fb page (Giáo Dục Quốc Phòng) are also staff of QPVN Channel (kênh Quốc phòng Việt Nam - official defense news channel of Vietnam), so they give more correct infos about military news. But with that FB, you will never find "hot" news or funny, trolling news like Comcom facebook.

that makes sense. the video shows a tube installation, that can be mounted on vessels.

Yes, but I believe it will be mounted on a vehicle on land to defend the islands. The islands don't usually have ships assigned to them.

Last edited:
The evil Jews has been keeping this sales a secret all along and has never announced the Viet transfer! I better keep an eye on that Facebook page more often.

This is not new, we knew about this since last year, its just that now they released pics for the first time, which in itself, its unusually fast. Most things they never announce or show pics.

Another example, it was only 2 or 3 months ago that it was announced that Vietnam was interested in the UAV Orbiter 2 and now today they released the pics that its already being used with the EXTRA.

Its almost a given that most of the times where it gets mentioned that Vietnam is looking into something, that the deal is already done.

Russia did announce that a certain unnamed country will receive 2 S-400 batteries next year (they said before 2016), I know that's for Vietnam, but forget about anything official.

The evil jews have no problems keeping things secret, that's ideal for Vietnam.

Some staff of GDQP fb page (Giáo Dục Quốc Phòng) are also staff of QPVN Channel (kênh Quốc phòng Việt Nam - official defense news channel of Vietnam), so they give more correct infos about military news. But with that FB, you will never find "hot" news or funny, trolling news like Comcom facebook.

Ok, so comcom is the best one (as I expected), there are many others, but they just show a few things only or don't post too often. The one that I used as the best second one is facebook.com/GiaoducQP.

Is there any website where I can watch the QPVN Channel live online, meaning the whole thing, all day long?

This is not new, we knew about this since last year, its just that now they released pics for the first time, which in itself, its unusually fast.

But Israel has never confirmed the sales. Even SIPRI or Jane's have never found out.

Yes, but I believe it will mounted on a vehicle on land to defend the islands. The islands don't usually have ships assigned to them.

It will be a network of fixed launchers. Check my article, it's a brand new coastal system (CIDS) that happens to use the Extra rocket. It is a typical Israeli high tech fully integrated system. wow.

But Israel has never confirmed the sales. Even SIPRI or Jane's have never found out.

It will be a network of fixed launchers. Check my article, it's a brand new coastal system (CIDS) that happens to use the Extra rocket. It is a typical Israeli high tech fully integrated system. wow.

Fixed launcher is not a great idea, easy to spot and easy to take it out, it should be mobile on a small vehicle, keep it hidden and take it out just before needing to use it. At least that's my take. I'll read your article.

When it comes to Vietnam, SIPRI and Jane's are of partial use, this is normal.

That's why I used to argue with the Indonesian sister, she never believes until there is announcement, but that doesn't work with Vietnam.

Yes, but I believe it will mounted on a vehicle on land to defend the islands. The islands don't usually have ships assigned to them.
no, our controlled part of spratlys has own coast guard vessels. the likelyhood is 100 per cent that permanent warships are stationed to the defence of islands as well.

Fixed launcher is not a great idea, easy to spot and easy to take it out, it should be mobile on a small vehicle, keep it hidden and take it out just before needing to use it. At least that's my take. I'll read your article.

When it comes to Vietnam, SIPRI and Jane's are of partial use, this is normal.

That's why I used to argue with the Indonesian sister, she never believes until there is announcement, but that doesn't work with Vietnam.

True, but judging by that video, they will use the fix launchers. It is the same launcher as the ones in that picture.

Also fixed launchers are cheaper than trucks.

More about the CIDS system. This one is about another rocket, not the Extra, but uses the same CIDS system.

A pretty nice and high tech coastal system.

Wow, this is nice. When I researched about EXTRA last year, they didn't have this info or this application as island defense, I'm sure this is because of the sale to Vietnam.

Well, the article says fixed or truck mounted. I think the 2 tube set up from the video can be mounted in an small vehicle, but i'm not sure.

no, our controlled part of spratlys has own coast guard vessels. the likelyhood is 100 per cent that permanent warships are stationed to the defence of islands as well.

That's only during peacetime, coast guard vessels are not for warfare; you can be sure that if this system goes on a ship, it has to be a warship, but anyway, its already clear that it will be installed on land, read the article from black flag.

True, but judging by that video, they will use the fix launchers. It is the same launcher as the ones in that picture.

Also fixed launchers are cheaper than trucks.

Well, in that case, I hope that launcher can be moved easily.

That's a great system mate.

Back
Top Bottom