What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

Its made by the new Damen shipyard in Vietnam. When they got the order for Venezuela, VN used the opportunity and also ordered 3 for Vietnam. Its the first time they make this ship.
Great! the Dutch helps and supports us much in shipbuilding.

no way, in my opinion, vietnamese is complicated. english/german is much more clearer :D

Vietnamese is complicated? No kidding, and lets not even talk about the pronunciation and all those tones :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Vietnamese is complicated? No kidding, and lets not even talk about the pronunciation and all those tones :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
seriously, sometimes I believe it was a major mistake of emperor Khai Dinh. He was the one that issued the royal edict to introducing vietnamese latin version as official script. mandarin has a wonderful sound and script.

no, I translate "as soon as (or if)", that means we don´t have the system yet.
my mistake ...
Nice, that is new to me: I´m not aware our shipyard can build amphibious landing ships.

Việt Nam đóng 4 tàu đổ bộ xuất khẩu sang Venezuela
Hạ Long shipyard closes a contract to build 4 amphibious landing ships (Roro 5612 class) for Venezuela.

View attachment 157200
View attachment 157201
View attachment 157202
we build but don't design, that's sad. We need more R&D for defense industry when economy get better

seriously, sometimes I believe it was a major mistake of emperor Khai Dinh. He was the one that issued the royal edict to introducing vietnamese latin version as official script. mandarin has a wonderful sound and script.
Madarin is complicated too (with me), hard to recognize so many and complex characters

10360612_640982006024763_45704839499861247_n.jpg

extra ?

You want to make my life even more difficult? At least I can read Vietnamese, forget about chinese, plus chinese often sound like if they are angrily shouting.

Don't know, but the typical launcher for Extra looks very different than your pic.

Maybe this is a customized launcher. The missile tubes do look like Extra.

Last edited:
Don't know, but the typical launcher for Extra looks very different than your pic.

Maybe this is a customized launcher. The missile tubes do look like Extra.

Don't know, but I think he repost from other post of SKVN (Silent knight) on TTVNOL 4rum.
To me, it's like more a torpedo test or Extra test equipment. The soldier wear navy camo ...

This is EXTRA for sure, we will know more at tomorrow after GDQP Facebook page upload video from QPVN channel to youtube.

10624985_828564680534822_5957927167215638682_n.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know, but I think he repost from other post of SKVN (Silent knight) on TTVNOL 4rum.
To me, it's like more a torpedo test or Extra test equipment. The soldier wear navy camo ...

This is EXTRA for sure, we will know more at tomorrow after GDQP Facebook page upload video from QPVN channel on youtube.

10624985_828564680534822_5957927167215638682_n.jpg

I think the diameter of the tube is too small for torpedo, VN uses 533 mm torpedoes. That being said, torpedo launchers have 2 tubes so I'm not sure. This is intriguing.

Edit: Yes, this is Extra.

Last edited:
Orbiter 2 - UAV system which use along with Extra system or other artillery system for reconnaissance and intelligence task.

orbiter 2.jpg

This is EXTRA for sure, we will know more at tomorrow after GDQP Facebook page upload video from QPVN channel to youtube.

View attachment 157294

In your opinion, which are the best facebook pages to get news and info about the vietnamese military?

I think the diameter of the tube is too small for torpedo, VN uses 533 mm torpedoes. That being said, torpedo launchers have 2 tubes so I'm not sure. This is intriguing.

Edit: Yes, this is Extra.
...not much info disclosed by the army. how many systems or so, at all and what is used for? the range of this tactical missile seems to be 150 km as the video reveals.
larom_extra[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom