What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

A new tug boat DN 2000 class for the coast guard. One more under construction.
47Y0TRI4[1].jpg

3aXepkhz[1].jpg

WTOTfSXR[1].jpg

A new tug boat DN 2000 class for the coast guard. One more under construction.
View attachment 156489

View attachment 156490

View attachment 156488

This is not a DN 2000, its a DST-4612 class (Damen Salvage Tug).
Vietnamese designation is CSB-9004.

I can see that the banner in your first picture says DN 2000, but its not related to this ship, its probably because they also make that ship there and that's the main coast guard vessel made in Vietnam (much bigger than the tug boat) so its the main and best ship of that shipyard.

@Viet Bro, how do you interpret this statement, I don't quite get the meaning very clearly, are they implying that Vietnam already have the S-400? They refer to "Lao" as Vietnam in order to not publicly reveal that Vietnam received this or that.

"Giờ mà nhận đủ 2 lữ đoàn S-400 Triumf thì nước "Lào" bố trí ở đâu là hợp lý nhất các đồng chí nhỉ?

Xét trong điều kiện mua được đủ bộ tên lửa 40N6 (tầm bắn 400km), 48N6E3 (250km) và 9M96E2 (120km) nhé."

This is the Google translation:
Now that the brigade received enough 2 S-400 Triumf the country "Lao" layout where the most reasonable comrades, right?
At the conditional purchase enough 40N6 missiles (range 400 km), 48N6E3 (250km) and 9M96E2 (120) offline.

@Viet Bro, how do you interpret this statement, I don't quite get the meaning very clearly, are they implying that Vietnam already have the S-400? They refer to "Lao" as Vietnam in order to not publicly reveal that Vietnam received this or that.

"Giờ mà nhận đủ 2 lữ đoàn S-400 Triumf thì nước "Lào" bố trí ở đâu là hợp lý nhất các đồng chí nhỉ?

Xét trong điều kiện mua được đủ bộ tên lửa 40N6 (tầm bắn 400km), 48N6E3 (250km) và 9M96E2 (120km) nhé."

Now that the brigade received enough 2 S-400 Triumf the country "Lao" layout where the most reasonable comrades, right?
At the conditional purchase enough 40N6 missiles (range 400 km), 48N6E3 (250km) and 9M96E2 (120) offline.
We didn't have it yet, these words were just theory ...

O.k., but what is the message that is trying to give?

Opps, I think it clear as day.
He want to discusses about most effective location to place those system which will cover air space above our important facilities, in condition we have full set "range" of system.

Opps, I think it clear as day.
He want to discusses about most effective location to place those system which will cover air space above our important facilities, in condition we have full set "range" of system.

Oh, thank you. Clear as day if you speak vietnamese, the google translation is not so clear.

it reads (literally translated):

comrades, our air defence will be complete as soon as (or if) two brigades receive the S-400 Triumf. Pay attention to the conditions attached to the deal: 40N6 (range 400 km), 48N6E3 (250km) and 9M96E2 (120km)!

Last edited:
This is not a DN 2000, its a DST-4612 class (Damen Salvage Tug).
Vietnamese designation is CSB-9004.

I can see that the banner in your first picture says DN 2000, but its not related to this ship, its probably because they also make that ship there and that's the main coast guard vessel made in Vietnam (much bigger than the tug boat) so its the main and best ship of that shipyard.
hm...little bit confusing. you are right: dn-2000 class is patrol, tshd2000 class is dredger, and dst-4612 is tugboat.
Modern rescue vessel for VN Coast Guard launched - News VietNamNet

it reads (litterally translated):

comrades, our air defence will be complete as soon as (or if) two brigades receive the S-400 Triumf. Pay attention to the conditions attached to the deal: 40N6 (range 400 km), 48N6E3 (250km) and 9M96E2 (120km)!
Bro, your translate change the meaning of these words and will made mistake we have been getting those system right now.

no, I translate "as soon as (or if)", that means we don´t have the system yet.

@Viet @Soryu Troi oi, My God, you guys have differences about the meaning and I'm suppose to have it clear as day when I don't speak Vietnamese? :cheesy:

Nice, that is new to me: I´m not aware our shipyard can build amphibious landing ships.

Việt Nam đóng 4 tàu đổ bộ xuất khẩu sang Venezuela
Hạ Long shipyard closes a contract to build 4 amphibious landing ships (Roro 5612 class) for Venezuela.

View attachment 157200
View attachment 157201
View attachment 157202

Its made by the new Damen shipyard in Vietnam. When they got the order for Venezuela, VN used the opportunity and also ordered 4 for Vietnam. Its the first time they make this ship.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom