What's new

Vietnam Defence Forum

that will be coooooool. Arihant is a nuclear powered submarine, a mighty beast.
I like this pic:
View attachment 142522
I was on vacation and missed the media coverage of his trip.
Arihant has unlimited range. The only limit is the food and water stock for the crew. I think thats the advantage of a nuclear sub.

I was on vacation and missed the media coverage of his trip.
Arihant has unlimited range. The only limit is the food and water stock for the crew. I think thats the advantage of a nuclear sub.
yeah I say again that will be fcking cool if our navy has nuclear powered subs. my dream will come true.
oh...during your vacation, Vietnam, India have signed several agreements in economics and defence. Making deals with us is always a good choice :enjoy:

Bonding with Vietnam is mutually beneficial

that assessment on vietnam submarine force is interesting as it comes from the PRC defence ministry :woot:
I comment (in blue) on their statements (in black).

Commentary: Vietnam’s submarine no way to scare China

We cannot assess the strength of an army just on the basis of one or two weapons. What’s most important in the modern warfare is systematic strength, and what decides the overall combat capability isn’t usually the strongest aspect.
well, that is true. the overall capacity of an army includes not only military hardware but the fighting skills of its soldiers. we vietnam must return to our root, sharpen our intelligence, exploit enemy weakness, learn how to fight against a numericial superior army. strategy, tactic that matter too and can decide who wins the battle or the outcome of a war. Asymmetric warfare against perceived systematic strength.

Although distance will impair the overall advantage possessed by the Chinese PLAN over Vietnam, China’s strength in long-range precise strike and underwater fleet is unparalleled by Vietnam. Once a conflict takes place, the Chinese troops won’t wait for the Vietnamese submarines to block their way.
that is expected: the PLA will launch missile and arial strikes on our military targets, including Cam Ranh bay, the host of vietnam submarine fleet. our answer must be a missile defence shield and offensive military means to target chinese military targets in retaliation, such as the PLA submarine base near Sanya, Hainan island.

Besides, to engage in a submarine battle, Vietnam also needs external support in terms of intelligence, commanding, communication and marine hydrology, which are no less important than the submarine itself. Even the simplest issue of underwater sea-route information may have to take Vietnam quite some time.
that is undisputed. we are quite late to the party.

Vietnam needs to have an objective understanding of its own strength. It used to learn some hard lessons in this regard, so it had better keep a clear mind now.
ha ha ha...a hint to the battle of Paracels? okay, that is indeed a bitter memory. But I can remember of sea battles when we annihilated the chinese naval fleets. It is better and of china interrest, too, to settle the dispute peacefully and not escalate it. We hold some jokers in the hand that are unknow to PLA generals in Beijing. for example: the recent visit of vietnam PM to India implies some of regional implications, adding an additional layer to the high-stakes poker game.

Last edited:
that assessment on vietnam submarine force is interesting as it comes from the PRC defence ministry. I comment (in blue) on some of their statements.
Commentary: Vietnam’s submarine no way to scare China

We cannot assess the strength of an army just on the basis of one or two weapons. What’s most important in the modern warfare is systematic strength, and what decides the overall combat capability isn’t usually the strongest aspect.
well, that is true. the overall capacity of an army includes not only military hardware but the fighting skills of its soldiers. we must return to our root, sharpen our intelligence, exploit enemy weakness, learn how to fight against a numericial superior army. strategy, tactic that matter too and can decide who wins the battle or the outcome of a war. Asymmetric warfare against perceived systematic strength.

Although distance will impair the overall advantage possessed by the Chinese PLAN over Vietnam, China’s strength in long-range precise strike and underwater fleet is unparalleled by Vietnam. Once a conflict takes place, the Chinese troops won’t wait for the Vietnamese submarines to block their way.
that is expected: the PLA will launch missile and arial strikes on our military targets, including Cam Ranh bay, the host of vietnam submarine fleet. our answer must be a missile defenced shield.

Besides, to engage in a submarine battle, Vietnam also needs external support in terms of intelligence, commanding, communication and marine hydrology, which are no less important than the submarine itself. Even the simplest issue of underwater sea-route information may have to take Vietnam quite some time.
that is undisputed.

Vietnam needs to have an objective understanding of its own strength. It used to learn some hard lessons in this regard, so it had better keep a clear mind now.
ha ha ha...a hint to the battle of Paracels? okay, that is indeed a bitter memory. But I can remember of sea battles when we annihilated the chinese naval fleets. It is better for China, too, to settle the dispute peacefully and not escalate it. We hold some jokers in the hand.

Hey Viet, you took offense with the year of monkey post?

fatty, I´ve learned to differ between a good and a bad guy. no worry, you belong to the first group :-)

Thanks, I reckon that too, we always pull each other legs. mod thought I was trolling you, so I asked.

Thanks, I reckon that too, we always pull each other legs. mod thought I was trolling you, so I asked.
if you review the thread, my response was to a member who constantly uses abused language (you know the usual words when they like to refer vietnam/vietnamese). nobody is perfect, I am not perfect, either. sometimes, in a heated debate, one loses the control and starts shouting. that is not really a problem. But I got a problem with members, who insult and shout on others at the very first post. as chinese, one certainly understands that calling someone as animal of some sorts is a serious offence.

sometimes, too, I wonder, why mods don´t intervene and let the discussion escalating to a troll/insult war.

if you review the thread, my response was to a member who constantly uses abused language (you know the usual words when they like to refer vietnam/vietnamese). nobody is perfect, I am not perfect, either. sometimes, in a heated debate, one loses the control and starts shouting. that is not really a problem. But I got a problem with members, who insult and shout on others at the very first post. as chinese, one certainly understands that calling someone as animal of some sorts is a serious offence.

sometimes, too, I wonder, why mods don´t intervene and let the discussion escalating to a troll/insult war.

I didn't follow the entire thread, only saw the funny monkey pic you posted. What puzzled me is mod got the impression I'm embroiled into all this when I was joking with you.

Mod is not 24/7. If you report, he'll take action eventually.

I didn't follow the entire thread, only saw the funny monkey pic you posted. What puzzled me is mod got the impression I'm embroiled into all this when I was joking with you.

Mod is not 24/7. If you report, he'll take action eventually.
LOL...shit happens what? I will appeal to the mod to relieve you from the stroke :sarcastic:
was it @Hu Songshan that gave you a warning?

vietnam airforce may show interest for su-35 or other russian advanced fighter jets. I don´t think the army is interested to chinese made jets (territorial dispute) or western birds (too expensive).
Su-35 will attend 2014 ZhuHai air show. ZhuHai Show not only displaying aircrafts also including Tank / Armored vehicle / MRAP / IFV / MLRS / SPH / Artillery / Radar / Missiles / Bombs exported to foreign customers =).

It's a Multiple Defence Exhibition held by China, mainly for weapons export business.

Last edited:
hello can i ask about does vietnam have T-72? i searched in google vietnam only have upgraded t-55 from israeli.. sorry bad english

hello can i ask about does vietnam have T-72? i searched in google vietnam only have upgraded t-55 from israeli.. sorry bad english
as far as I know, NO.
back in 2005, Poland had wanted to supply us with 150 T-72 However, this deal did not go through because we did not have money at that time.

Su-35 will attend 2014 ZhuHai air show. ZhuHai Show not only displaying aircrafts also including Tank / Armored vehicle / MRAP / IFV / MLRS / SPH / Artillery / Radar / Missiles / Bombs exported to foreign customers =).

It's a Multiple Defence Exhibition held by China, mainly for weapons export business.
LOL you talk as if we go on shopping in china.
let assume, we want to buy 100 chinese tanks. would you sell it?

Air defence: S-125 Pechora

26e538cba92531427465559a13ef9d46.jpg

61b07b3594b647aa9db7aff63db15a0e.jpg

56a61258e8259afb25ac23409179eb94.jpg

eeee18e566efadfb1ceec6fe056bdfe7.jpg

95e7d73d6b675460117b51e61bc8cf64.jpg

56b625d18e4add3d879df19788e91597.jpg

Back
Top Bottom