What's new

Vietnam - Cambodia Relationship: What is your opinion?

Of course they will not intervene. Vietnam now is part of ASEAN, unlike how it was so back in 1979 when Vietnam was alone in Southeast Asia. Vietnam is too integrated with ASEAN for China to risk diplomatic fallout with the rest of the civilized world, let alone, fall into the trap of American Geopolitical Ambitions.

This is why China will remain restrained. Besides, the Vietnamese Army stationed in the northern border with China is over 300,000 strong. That alone is enough to restrain the Chinese.
Right, bro., not to mention 70,000 under cover VN soldiers stationing in Laos.

CNese here r just Ah Q, trying to use 'spiritual victory' to make themselves happy. It make me laugh like every time I see some stupid jackie Chan or Jet Lee movies that try to make CN look 'powerful' and 'dangerous' wt their kung fu :laugh:

Right, bro., not to mention 70,000 under cover VN soldiers stationing in Laos.

CNese here r just Ah Q, trying to use 'spiritual victory' to make themselves happy. It make me laugh like every time I see some stupid jackie Chan or Jet Lee movies that try to make CN look 'powerful' and 'dangerous' wt their kung fu :laugh:

Laos is practically a de-facto Vietnamese colony. Laos, a nation of less than 5 million, is the 'new frontier' for Vietnam , a nation of over 95 million. Cambodia is only less than 15 million. Even Thailand is smaller (just 60 million). The combination of Cambodia , Laos and Thailand don't even equal to Vietnam's population (95 million). In terms of continental Southeast Asia, Vietnam is the indisputed 'giant' here.

The Vietnamese bloodied the French, the Americans, the Chinese, and the Khmer Rouge. I don't think anyone wants to engage the Vietnamese directly on the ground. Especially the Chinese.

Laos is practically a de-facto Vietnamese colony. Laos, a nation of less than 5 million, is the 'new frontier' for Vietnam , a nation of over 95 million. Cambodia is only less than 15 million. Even Thailand is smaller (just 60 million). The combination of Cambodia , Laos and Thailand don't even equal to Vietnam's population (95 million). In terms of continental Southeast Asia, Vietnam is the indisputed 'giant' here.

The Vietnamese bloodied the French, the Americans, the Chinese, and the Khmer Rouge. I don't think anyone wants to engage the Vietnamese directly on the ground. Especially the Chinese.
Sadly, Global Firepower ( I think?) ranked VN the 3rd strongest military force in ASEAN, after Thailand and Indonesia. And that's clearly not enough to keeps anti-VN extremists at bay.

Sadly, Global Firepower ( I think?) ranked VN the 3rd strongest military force in ASEAN, after Thailand and Indonesia. And that's clearly not enough to keeps anti-VN extremists at bay.

Thailand did not fight the Americans or suffer an invasion by the PLA, did she? Comparing the Thai and the Vietnamese fighting capability is not fair. I don't discount the Thai military's abilities, as they have extensive experience in fighting communist insurgencies throughout the cold war as well as fighting rebels throughout her border. But that is the Thai military experience -- based on fighting insurgencies and small bands of brigands. Thailand has no experience in fighting an actual full fledged war against numerically and technologically superior foes and still force the enemy out of their territory , ergo the Americans and the Chinese.

The Viets have the cake.

PS. I think we should view foreign defense analyses such as global fire power with a grain of salt.

Trust me . Once Cam requests our help.We will not hesitate to help cam .
They've requested help many times, and it just fell on CN deaf ears coz CN is so coward :pop:
“The interests of China go along with the sovereignty of our country,” he said. “If Vietnam were to succeed in swallowing Cambodia, Vietnam would become more powerful and would make more issues with China. So to protect their interests, China must protect Cambodia. This is a benefit to us. We have to gain support against Vietnam to prevent them from swallowing us.”

Sam Rainsy said he hoped China would help “solve Cambodia’s political crisis and protect Cambodia against Vietnam.”
Opposition Leader Says He Supports China Over Vietnam

Current day Vietnam cannot robs Khmer land anylonger. However, Viet still manage to steal little little land here one and there twice from Khmer.

Current day Vietnam cannot robs Khmer land anylonger. However, Viet still manage to steal little little land here one and there twice from Khmer.
We just wanna keep peace and safe in our Western border to make sure that Kam wont have another CNese-Kam like Pol Pot to genocide VNese :)

Cambodia and Vietnam are like two lovers destined to be with each other.

lol

I hope you can understand ;)

No I don’t understand that song.

The song I posted is a Viet Thailand song, not cambodian.

The women in that video are half Thai. The guy singing with the piano is Viet. The song is about the Unified Sub Mekong Empire.

Here is the interview:

I like that Thai host in pink talking in English. :smitten:

They've requested help many times, and it just fell on CN deaf ears coz CN is so coward :pop:
If you think we can't help Cambodia,Why the Vietnamese government performance restraint?Stupid Vietnamese.

If you think we can't help Cambodia,Why the Vietnamese government performance restraint?Stupid Vietnamese.
And when Phils seek US for help, what is China reaction?

No I don’t understand that song.

The song I posted is a Viet Thailand song, not cambodian.

The women in that video are half Thai. The guy singing with the piano is Viet. The song is about the Unified Sub Mekong Empire.

Here is the interview:

I like that Thai host in pink talking in English. :smitten:

Thanks bro, pretty cool video hehe. And you're right the host is cute. Well wishing the best for Vietnam and Thailand! :)

And when Phils seek US for help, what is China reaction?
Cambodia and China is a military alliance?
1、China not to interfere in other countries' internal affairs.
2、Vietnam not sure whether China will expand assistance to Cambodia(Direct military intervention)
3、Dare to fight against Cambodia Vietnam like in 1978?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom