What's new

Video Gamers report in!

After many moons - i have managed to get a PS5 .... survived most of the pademic with a dead PS4 Pro that died 16months ago ( booo.. )..

Any recommendations?

After many moons - i have managed to get a PS5 .... survived most of the pademic with a dead PS4 Pro that died 16months ago ( booo.. )..

Any recommendations?
Damn, ive given up trying to get a ps5. I think I’ll wait a couple more months.

Wow, that is a sweet lappy

My MSI is also a 144Hz. Don’t use an external monitor tho
It was Costco specific for some reason and now I don't find it in stock anymore. I might go for something with a 3070 if I get it under $1800

It was Costco specific for some reason and now I don't find it in stock anymore. I might go for something with a 3070 if I get it under $1800
Only few have pre-built machines if you are going for OEM machine make sure don't go with HP, or DELL , Lenovo is better in that sense as it almost your later hardware upgrade option

Sorry for the late reply didn't get the notification. So the hp omen I was talking about with ryzen 7, rtx 2060, 114 hz costs about 1,21,000 INR so basically 1660 USD.
Check this - https://www.flipkart.com/hp-omen-15...-15-en0037ax-gaming-laptop/p/itm4c16328a87123
The same in US costs 1379 USD, quite sure it can be found for cheaper -
https://www.amazon.com/HP-Display-i7-10750H-Keyboard-Windows/dp/B08WYJSW5D

Have played counter strike, that's the og fps game for many Indians especially college folks :D still has a huge community in India.
I've seen Omen series in person but wasn't really a fan of the screen or the design in general. I'd prefer Asus ROG or MSI anytime...maybe even Legion series if I get a good deal
Only few have pre-built machines if you are going for OEM machine make sure don't go with HP, or DELL , Lenovo is better in that sense as it almost your later hardware upgrade option
My priority is mobility and compatibility which is why I'm going for a laptop. Unfortunately, most laptops with 3070s are priced over $2k irrespective of the wattage while I put a hardline limit of $1800. Will have to start scouting again

Follow this twitter(i setup twitter account just for this) - turn on notificatios and react. Dates for the next drops are shown. If you manage to get one via this twitter - buy the bloke a coffee ( i did ! ).

I managed to order 2 x PS5s ( 1x from Very and 1x from Game last week ). I went for the one from Game as it was cheaper at 479. The one from Very was 549 as it contained an extra controller + spiderman game(neither of which i wanted .. ).

Do not try and go for just the console - they get sold out in seconds. Go for a bundle. The cheapest bundle. I got the Game bundle with a Cap and T-Shirt for 479... 20 pounds for something i did not want - but i have the console now.

PS - with Game - when they go live - you only find out if they have any stock left when you hit the pay button - so move quickly.

Make sure u have ur credit card details saved on the site. etc.

Follow this twitter(i setup twitter account just for this) - turn on notificatios and react. Dates for the next drops are shown. If you manage to get one via this twitter - buy the bloke a coffee ( i did ! ).

I managed to order 2 x PS5s ( 1x from Very and 1x from Game last week ). I went for the one from Game as it was cheaper at 479. The one from Very was 549 as it contained an extra controller + spiderman game(neither of which i wanted .. ).

Do not try and go for just the console - they get sold out in seconds. Go for a bundle. The cheapest bundle. I got the Game bundle with a Cap and T-Shirt for 479... 20 pounds for something i did not want - but i have the console now.

PS - with Game - when they go live - you only find out if they have any stock left when you hit the pay button - so move quickly.

I follow them, however the second they post, I’m in a long queue and end up never getting it, or the websites crash. However ty for the bundle advice, I think next time I’ll try that.

Any recommendations?

1) Don't skip Astro's Playroom. You'll see what your PS5 and Dual Sense have to offer and it is impressive.

2) Before starting any new game, check the performance Vs fidelity difference. The best option varies game to game.

3) Enjoy.

Could've passed the second to a friend :tsk:

Reportedly, it won't be getting any easier anytime soon. So don't give up. You only need one, that's it. Being a former WOW 'no-lifer', I actually enjoyed "camping" for it.

Last edited:
I don't know how many times i have requested, begged, offered bribe among other things to UbiSoft to bring another Splinter Cell game, damn don't know what they have against Sam Fisher :(

I don't know how many times i have requested, begged, offered bribe among other things to UbiSoft to bring another Splinter Cell game, damn don't know what they have against Sam Fisher :(

Didn't you hear? They want to focus more on multiplayer offerings. Millions have been waiting for years to play Skull & Bones after we announced it and showed a trailer, but let's just release another repackaged Farcry.

Last edited:

LOL, what? Tea with biscuits, samosas?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom