What's new

Video Gamers report in!

I managed to get the population to over 100k before the city imploded. Nowadays I am back playing Stronghold and Cold Waters.
I usually fall back to age of empires ii, the original microsoft strategy games including age of mythology and rise of nations were really gems imho. Civ vi sometimes too but i really like rts compared to turn based.
Sadly my 10 years old potato can't run it :( but at least I can still play Civilization 6 :)
Wait you can run civ vi but not skylines? Would have thought the opposite

Sadly my 10 years old potato can't run it :( but at least I can still play Civilization 6 :)
Turn based games are my Achilles heal I am also into Total war series, they have lost their edge recently with authenticity on their latest releases.
I usually fall back to age of empires ii, the original microsoft strategy games including age of mythology and rise of nations were really gems imho. Civ vi sometimes too but i really like rts compared to turn based.

Each one has its own flavour, I got hooked on strategy games by playing Commandoes on my them Windows 94 PC. Don't know if you remember or have played it. The game has been remastered and still ranks as one of the best games I have every played.

I play Civ 6 on low settings, CK looks ridiculous in low setting.

I started playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on my iMac (Windows through bootcamp) at the start of this month but only just about playable on 1080p and on the lowest settings. :(
The machine is not very powerful(8GB RAM, i5-7500 and 4GB Radeon Pro 560) and so hardly a surprise as it just about meets the bare minimum specs.

However I am awaiting my Dell Alienware R12 to come though in the next 1-2 weeks and that will have Core i7 11700F, 16GB RAM and the RTX 3070 and so here comes 4K/Ultra Settings/30FPS gameplay.:sniper:

Each one has its own flavour, I got hooked on strategy games by playing Commandoes on my them Windows 94 PC. Don't know if you remember or have played it. The game has been remastered and still ranks as one of the best games I have every played.
Had played a game named commandos, I remember having fun though my memory is hazy on details. If it's been remastered then is definitely worth a try :-)
I started playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on my iMac (Windows through bootcamp) at the start of this month but only just about playable on 1080p and on the lowest settings. :(
The machine is not very powerful(8GB RAM, i5-7500 and 4GB Radeon Pro 560) and so hardly a surprise as it just about meets the bare minimum specs.

However I am awaiting my Dell Alienware R12 to come though in the next 1-2 weeks and that will have Core i7 11700F, 16GB RAM and the RTX 3070 and so here comes 4K/Ultra Settings/30FPS gameplay.:sniper:
That's quite an upgrade brother :tup:. Never really played a game with RTX enabled must be a treat. Any more games you have in your radar?

That's quite an upgrade brother :tup:. Never really played a game with RTX enabled must be a treat. Any more games you have in your radar?

Not at this moment.

I am a casual gamer but can play games I like such as Flight Sims and Car Racing when I get into them for months at a time.

I spent around 2000 US dollars on this Dell Alienware machine and would not have invested in it just for flight sims/gaming and due to the cutting edge CPU and GPU, it will also double up as an excellent 4K video editor for me with software like Da Vinci Resolve that requires powerful hardware.

So I am able to justify the investment for work as well as leisure. :p:

Not at this moment.

I am a casual gamer but can play games I like such as Flight Sims and Car Racing when I get into them for months at a time.

I spent around 2000 US dollars on this Dell Alienware machine and would not have invested in it just for flight sims/gaming and due to the cutting edge CPU and GPU, it will also double up as an excellent 4K video editor for me with software like Da Vinci Resolve that requires powerful hardware.

Definitely try few rtx enabled games. Graphics would be amazing, a quick search landed me this list : https://gamerant.com/nvidia-rtx-top-games-utilize-rtx-best-not/
Agree Alienwares are exorbitant in their pricing but heard the thermals, quality of internals and after sales support are good, take good care of the beast and it sure will serve you for many years to come. :D:tup:

Not at this moment.

Man, saying I am jealous of our upgrade would be lying to you. Good purchase, I also use an Old mac mine was late 2012 edition but I paid through the nose to get extra RAM and upgraded graphics. Unlike you I cannot justify spending for an upgrade because the machine still runs fine.

I am very tempted by DCS and other simulators maybe if I win the Euromillions this week I will splurge out on a new machine.

Definitely try few rtx enabled games. Graphics would be amazing, a quick search landed me this list : https://gamerant.com/nvidia-rtx-top-games-utilize-rtx-best-not/
Agree Alienwares are exorbitant in their pricing but heard the thermals, quality of internals and after sales support are good, take good care of the beast and it sure will serve you for many years to come. :D:tup:

Dell have this spec on sale in UK for 2500 US dollars but I managed to find ways to get the price down to 2000 US dollars, including 140 dollars off by buying with my American Express credit card.

That price I am paying is pretty much the same as if I brought the components separately at MRRP, but as you know trying to get hold of cutting-edge GPUs now is hard and very expensive. I think I would have paid 1200 US dollars minimum just for the RTX 3070 if I could hold of one in the first place!

Yes Dell computers are well built and I had a couple of machines from them in the past that lasted many many years and was happy with them and Dell support if I had any issues.

Last edited:
Dell have this spec on sale in UK for 2500 US dollars but I managed to find ways to get the price down to 2000 US dollars, including 140 dollars off by buying with my American Express credit card.

That price I am paying is pretty much the same as if I brough the components separately at MRRP, but as you know trying to get hold of cutting-edge GPUs now is hard and very expensive. I think I would have paid 1200 US dollars minimum just for the RTX 3070 if I could hold of one in the first place!

Yes Dell computers are well built and I had a couple of machines from them in the past that lasted many many years and was happy with them and Dell support if I had any issues.
500 USD off?that's like the cost of a good chromebook :lol: Sounds like a dream deal, If I got such a deal I would have been patting my back for a week atleast :D

500 USD off?that's like the cost of a good chromebook :lol: Sounds like a dream deal, If I got such a deal I would have been patting my back for a week atleast :D

Dell wanted to sell and I wanted to buy - we came to an "arrangement" on price and American Express also helped out with their 140 dollar rebate if I brought anything off Dell over 1100 US dollars with one transaction.

People do not realise that even large multinationals like Dell are willing to haggle on price and you do not always need to pay what it states on their website.

PS - If you do not already have an American Express Credit Card, I highly recommend you do as their customer service is second to none and they have lots of these credit back offers that I regularly use and take advantage of.

Does anyone play City Skylines or games of this nature?
Bro I love cities skylines, bought it on my PS4 and Xbox one. Played it last night building a brand new city with unlimited money on first time.
also got sim cities on iPad, i love the city building genre.
anyone play any of these games...
Rust
Insurgency Sand storm
Arma 3
GTA V
Arma and insurgence look so good, and squad. Only reason Im planning to eventually buy a pc is because of these games.

Bro I love cities skylines, bought it on my PS4 and Xbox one. Played it last night building a brand new city with unlimited money on first time.
also got sim cities on iPad, i love the city building genre.
I started playing it on PS4 but the game potential is too limited on PS4. I now play it on my MAC as you get to download MODs without which the game once you start going over 15k population becomes unplayable. It is so much fun, I downloaded the Industries and Mass Transit DLC so I had a very neat system of free public transport in my city traffic was 89% in the green.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom