What's new

Video Gamers report in!

Any fan of total war series here?

Rome Total War is possibly the best game ever made. Some of the other games in the series such as Medieval and Napoleon are also very good. However sadly Creative Assembly's recent games have been bad imo. Both Rome 2 and Attila whilst having brilliant graphics seriously lack in game play.
To make matters worse they are releasing Warhammer II just after releasing Warhammer I two years ago. Not a big fan of fantasy games so I am not buying any Total War games for the foreseeable future it seems.

Right now I am just anxiously waiting for a release date for Mount and Blade: Bannerlord. Warband was an epic game on so many different levels. Bannerlord thus far from the previews looks amazing.

Rome Total War is possibly the best game ever made. Some of the other games in the series such as Medieval and Napoleon are also very good. However sadly Creative Assembly's recent games have been bad imo. Both Rome 2 and Attila whilst having brilliant graphics seriously lack in game play.
To make matters worse they are releasing Warhammer II just after releasing Warhammer I two years ago. Not a big fan of fantasy games so I am not buying any Total War games for the foreseeable future it seems.
Rome total war was simply awesome...brings back sweet memories..I liked Rome 2 as well. M also not a fan of fantasy games., tried my hand at Warcraft and DOTA but was not interested. Just hope CA comes to its senses and bring the game to its roots. Would like to see how they feature 20th century warfare in these games. Would be epic. :yahoo:

What i like about the series is it gives far more importance to the actual battle and how you fight on that day. Also, you don't need to develop cities fro the ground up in every match like Age of empires. You should give Total War: Rome 2 a chance. Its one of the best installment in the series series.
Yea i am thinking of getting a total war.
BTW have any of you tried "Ultimate General Gettysburg?" man this game is really hard it's like a real simulation of on ground battles...

:( i hope i won't have to leave gaming after marriage...

They're going back to roots COD WWII is coming this year will be my first COD purchase in like 6 years maybe...

:raise:
Do you have an Order of Battle you can share? Btw is it Black Ice?

Rome total war was simply awesome...brings back sweet memories..I liked Rome 2 as well. M also not a fan of fantasy games., tried my hand at Warcraft and DOTA but was not interested. Just hope CA comes to its senses and bring the game to its roots. Would like to see how they feature 20th century warfare in these games. Would be epic. :yahoo:

I take it you like political/strategy games with a historical touch too? Paradox games are amazing in that regard. Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis IV etc. The only downside with Paradox is their DLC business model wherein they will sell the base game cheap and then keep adding expensive DLC's periodically. You end up splashing a lot of cash you never thought you would originally.

Do you have an Order of Battle you can share? Btw is it Black Ice?
OOB for HOI3? it's quite confusing (actually a looot) i learned it from an AAR (after action report) on Paradox forums i can't find it now sadly atm i don't have any OOB (as i am not playing it) but i can tell you easiest way to set up your army is go like this Theatre>Army Group>Army>Corps>Division. Here's the wiki it will help you a lot.
http://www.hoi3wiki.com/Command_organization_strategy but if you need help in HOI3 or 4 do tell me and no i don't use Black ice. A german OOB guide mainly to help you with historical numbers and names.
http://www.hoi3wiki.com/Germany_OOB

OOB for HOI3? it's quite confusing (actually a looot) i learned it from an AAR (after action report) on Paradox forums i can't find it now sadly atm i don't have any OOB (as i am not playing it) but i can tell you easiest way to set up your army is go like this Theatre>Army Group>Army>Corps>Division. Here's the wiki it will help you a lot.
http://www.hoi3wiki.com/Command_organization_strategy but if you need help in HOI3 or 4 do tell me and no i don't use Black ice. A german OOB guide mainly to help you with historical numbers and names.
http://www.hoi3wiki.com/Germany_OOB
Bro I've been playing the game for 2 years straight. I'm just an OOB crazy and was looking for other who shared that love. Black Ice is the best thing that happened to the game, although it screwed with the AI somewhat.
I moved over the starting-OOBs or Historical ones that get created from events, long back.
I liberated India through saved game files and as an independent state created close to 60 divisions by 1941. With all the numerals and nomenclature of the British Indian Army, heck, I even named each and every Brigade.
e.g.
32 Armoured Division
- 1 & 6 Armoured Brigades
- 27 Mechanised Brigade
- 32 Artillery Brigade (SP)
- 421 Anti Tank Regiment (SP)
- 532 Recce Regt
- 732 Transport Company, RIASC
- HQ 32 Armd Div

Even Pak formations are named similarly.

So basically I created a whole new scenario for myself and took Japan, Germany, Italy, Soviet Union, even USA and UK on...

I play clash of clans on my mobile, does that count? :)
bro pls don't:D let me share memes to show how world perceive mac and mobile gamer:pleasantry:
gamingdnazone-drazon-dna-aming-pc-gamer-console-gamer-people-who-9593180.png
19628bda9739a3c4f3d12119249ae3a5--girl-gamer-mobile-game.jpg

F** didn't got notification for this anyway first of all congratz bro!!!:tup::tup::tup::tup: :D the specs are awesome you can run most of the modern games @1080p with med-high settings e.g Fifa 16
I was going to ask you whether your PC can handle Fifa cuz if it can than we should get it to play multiplayer ;) and now i saw this! congratz and tell me it's model number so that i can dissect it fully :D #LongLiveGaming
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/series-features/aspirevx15
bro fifa 17 ultra main play kar sakta hay yar kyu bista kartey ho:cry:

I need suggestions on computer games like "Red Alert ..... The Generals" type ?????

Should be easy to install ........ I am interested in playing only ...... no technicalities ....
play napoleon total war i have a feeling that it might interest you bro

Yea i am thinking of getting a total war.
BTW have any of you tried "Ultimate General Gettysburg?" man this game is really hard it's like a real simulation of on ground battles...
Not yet..will definitely try it once i get a bit free from current engagements..

I take it you like political/strategy games with a historical touch too? Paradox games are amazing in that regard. Crusader Kings 2, Europa Universalis IV etc. The only downside with Paradox is their DLC business model wherein they will sell the base game cheap and then keep adding expensive DLC's periodically. You end up splashing a lot of cash you never thought you would originally.
unfortunately that is the world we live in..Will give Paradox a try but first gotta get a new PC. Used to play games on my laptop and that's just uncomfortable.

Yep have tried to fly those with xb1 controller oh what a pain.... but i did enjoyed starting up the T51! can't wait to fly Mig 21 <3 and M2000 one more question from where i should buy modules steam or their own store? cuz doesn't have everything right? DCS is 2.0 atm.
I have the steam version but you should probably buy from their store directly. Like you said, DCS 2.0 is not on steam, no Nevada nttr map either, even their modules make their way to steam much later. I think there is a way to buy modules on steam and link it to the standalone, here's a reddit on it.

Steam keys can be used in the standalone install but standalone keys cannot be used in the Steam install. If you ever think you might want to use the Steam version, you'll want/need to buy all your stuff through Steam.

Steam do offer some very attractive discounts during sales though, and it's just good to have all your stuff in one place. I'm not interested in multiplayer and just like solo scenarios, so steam works for me.

The Mig 21 is amazing ! Prepare to crash many many times just trying to get it in the air, landing and handling it in the air can get pretty nightmarish too, they put a lot of love in that sim.

Will buy that later it's on my list but first joystick!
xb1 etc controllers won't cut it for sims. Let us know which one you decide to get, any basic twist stick will do but something like the x-52/pro (with a separate throttle) is a popular choice for combat sims.

i know i don't have the internet latency of those norwegian members here , but my hardware would beat theirs any time of the night

i know i don't have the internet latency of those norwegian members here , but my hardware would beat theirs any time of the night
Go ahead and show off then, list your fanceh spex :D

also, beware, iirc I think our resident unlimited ids intl mod and paranoid norwegian gamer girl is rocking a very fancy custom loop.

Go ahead and show off then, list your fanceh spex :D

also, beware, iirc I think our resident unlimited ids intl mod and paranoid norwegian gamer girl is rocking a very fancy custom loop.

i'm sure at the core of her loop is an AMD :D that's why there are so many LED toobs around her rig :D intel builds don't need such measures

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom